Cricket World Cup

• Thread starter SandStorm
  • 238 comments

SandStorm

(Banned)
The World Cup started in South Africa last night (8th Feb), with the West Indies taking on the home theam (who lost!). What's your opinion on the World Cup (members from cricket-playing countries)? I reckon Holland is going to flog Australia, and that Bangladesh and Holland will meet in the final. Actually, Australia's going to win.

It'll be an interesting world cup - there's a few sides that can win it this time - Australia, South Africa, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka are always a danger - looks like the West Indies aren't too bad either.

I'll discount NZ now - they were pretty ordinary last night against Sri Lanka (fancy not playing a spinner).

I think we're (Australia) favourites - should be a good tournament.

I think we're favourites too, but Sri Lanka can pull up a suprise at any moment, and the Windies did very well in their match against the home side.

The Windies eventually got there, didn't they? I switched off (the game ran through the night) at about 12:30 am with the Windies at 10/2 (that means 10 runs on the board for two wickets taken, for those of you who don't understand). The South Africans do things backward - should be wickets first, then runs.

BTW I only switched off because I had TAFE the next morning, otherwise I would have pulled an all-nighter.

I don't fancy our (NZ's) chances at all. I think Australia are going to dominate the entire tournament, Sri Lanka may get them nervous, but I don;t think they'll fall to them.

I'm having visions . . . I predict that Zimbabwe or one of (hell, probably all of) the teams in Pool B is going to hand Bangladesh it's arse on a platter!

We don't really get that much coverage here, only a few games every now and then. But if theres nothing on I might watch some.

Sky Satellite (pay tele here in NZ), didn't use Fox because they felt the stuff they played was not 'what they wanted'. Sky is a joke, NZ$60 a month and we're still getting adverts, it's slow as hell changing ads, it freezes all the time. We should get rid of it.

Originally posted by SandStorm
By the way, mate, I don't know why you're loyal to In Zid, of all places . . .

The whole 'Loyal' thing here is a bash on Russell Coutts and Brad Butterworth who jumped ship to sail for the Swiss in pursuit of more money.

Why the **** did they have to play it in Africa, especially Zimbabwe?
Now our chances are gone.

That **** kicks white farmers off his land, putting his country into more strife and white cricketers are playing there?

Ahh, Ill just have to wait a few months for the rugby world cup now

Yep. My user name comes from the VU Holden Ute ad, the one the showed back in 2002 with the guy doing donuts and brewing up a storm. Remember that ad?

Its probally not his, anyway if it was mine or not, Id still do it. It would be under warranty:lol:
The VU ad is much better than the VY, or new Holden ute ad. The only good part is when hes driving off at the end and it shows a low shot at the ute. It looks good. Wide guards and very low

Originally posted by Cobraboy
Why would he go out and do donuts in the gravel in a brand spanking new car?
Because you can? That seems to be the only possible explanation for a stupid act like that . . . :odd:

Back