Cursed Political Content

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 5,764 comments
Kal Penn Laughing GIF by ABC Network

Exactly. He's not wrong, but that it's coming from him is ****ing hilarious.
I'm just enjoying when they start feasting on each other. She has a reply for Dan I'm sure (b/c she's the type that can't help it), but she's been booted off Facebook for a day as well so I probably won't see it.

Even the broken clock is right twice a day. It’s interesting watching the seemingly endless “RINO vs America First” Republican feud.

Honest question. Why does the right wing hate soy so much? The term "soyboys" and the denigration of soy products by the right has been a "meme" they've used for as long as I've been politically engaged, and I've always found this to be the most ineffective and generally stupid "attack" against the left wing. Not only do soy products tend to be healthier and more environmentally sustainable than their dairy counterparts, but they (arguably) taste better. And this idea that soy is somehow "emasculating" is beyond bogus. From what I understand, many right-wingers seem to incorrectly assume that phytoestrogen, a naturally occurring compound in soybeans, is the same thing as the sex hormone estrogen, and therefore eating soy products makes men less manly since it pumps them up with estrogen.

Last edited:
Honest question. Why does the right wing hate soy so much? The term "soyboys" and the denigration of soy products by the right has been a "meme" they've used for as long as I've been politically engaged, and I've always found this to be the most ineffective and generally stupid "attack" against the left wing. Not only do soy products tend to be healthier and more environmentally sustainable than their dairy counterparts, but they (arguably) taste better. And this idea that soy is somehow "emasculating" is beyond bogus.
Soybeans contain isoflavone, a phytoestrogen, which is a plant-derived form of estrogen. They think, somehow, it's going to affect their hormone balance which makes no sense considering it's been studied more than once and found that phytoestrogen won't turn you into a woman.

*Not that I would expect a ranting "alpha" male would know anything about science though.

Last edited:
That post made my brain hurt a little. It is too early in the day for that. I have not even had a cup of coffee yet.

Last edited:
Back