daan's liveries (now with RAM Racing Cure Leukaemia AMG GT3)

• Thread starter daan
  • 200 comments
Guess what? All 3 racing Porsches now have the Shell Dunlop livery.

shelldunlopcayman.jpg

20171229183413.jpg

20171229183425.jpg

You have some cracking liveries there and we actually have made at least 2 the same! Forgive me for asking what may be a blindingly obvious question (I'm not too hot with tech stuff!) but how do I get pictures of my cars on here?

You have some cracking liveries there and we actually have made at least 2 the same! Forgive me for asking what may be a blindingly obvious question (I'm not too hot with tech stuff!) but how do I get pictures of my cars on here?
You take a photo on your PS4. Then you go to your gallery, press triangle on the image, then select save to USB. Plug the USB into your PC/laptop then, on the reply box here, press "upload a file," Then you chose whither you want it as a thumbnail, or as the full image.

Damn, I only have a tablet with no USB slot! Does uploading screen shots from the website work? Thanks for the advice.

Damn, I only have a tablet with no USB slot! Does uploading screen shots from the website work? Thanks for the advice.
Yes, if you have them shared, then sign into https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gtsport/ on your tablet. Go to my profile, then gallery. click the 4 headed arrow to make it full size, then save that image to your tablet. And upload that from your tablet to here.

That's how I got this one up.

8143075485721592848_23.jpg

Excellent, thanks I will try to make a new thread. Now, when I post some up please don't think I've been copying off you! We have some very similar ones even down to a gr4 car which I've only recently made but has been planned for ages!

Excellent, thanks I will try to make a new thread. Now, when I post some up please don't think I've been copying off you! We have some very similar ones even down to a gr4 car which I've only recently made but has been planned for ages!
Technically, I'm copying off others too. Not many of these are my designs.

I have an Autoart model of the 2004 Porsche Infineon Carrera Cup Asia winner. It is the Aha racing (Coffee, not Norwegian band) GT3 Cup as driven by Matthew Marsh.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

The main issue is that most of the logos do not exist on the web for me to copy and vectorise, so I had to improvise. I took loads of photos of it and loaded them up into paint.net. I cut round the logos and used a combination of Vectoremagic and Inkscape to make them into vectors. I even managed to get a gradient fill in there which I was really chuffed about.

I think this is my favourite livery because of the amount of work that went into the logos.

6989587798642688000_23.jpg

20180126214934.jpg

20180126214922.jpg

20180126214900.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1567832/1/6989587798642688000

I think this is my favourite livery because of the amount of work that went into the logos.

This is the point I was making in my thread. Sometimes even the simplest liveries can take days of work due to logos not existing and having to be hand made. Get it right and you're proud of the results (then you see someone who's churned out 20 semi-decent liveries in the same time and it makes you want to crawl back under your rock).

Excellent, and loving that body colour.
As soon as I saw the model, years ago now, I thought I had to have that, and when the colour appeared on GTS I thought I had to make this, but didn't think I'd be able to with all the logos that I couldn't find, a-ha, Unif, and all the Chinese lettering (On the roof, Chinese Autocar logo, and obviously the Chinese A-ha coffee logo.) I was really pleased with the way the wee plane turned out too (top left of last picture.)

Very nicely done. Must have taken a lot of patience. :-D
It wasn't as difficult as I thought it'd be. I said I cut the logos out of my photos, but I didn't really. Paint.net has a really good fill option where you can click on an area to fill it, and then if it didn't do enough, or too much, you can click on the percentage and it'll do it again, so it's really simple to just keep manipulating that until it gets the area you want. Stick them in Inkscape, trace bitmap, and remove surplus nodes. Voila.

Really envy you guys who can make your own decals, I'm hopeless on computers - hence why I don't even own one! So many decals I wish i could make though to complete some of my liveries.

Very Nice! 1st 2018 GT livery in the game perhaps? And I bet those stripes were a pig to do!
Yeah, I do not like stripes. The ones from the bonnet to the front wings don't line up. but then they didn't line up on the image I was using either.

Do You use align with surface and camera options? This can make a huge difference, can be fiddly to get right first time but It's well worth the trial and error!
All looks good to me though!

Back