"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the sake of my own mental health I’ve uninstalled. What’s the point trying to race clean if others don’t. I got me annoyed to the point where I was trying to retaliate and the game sure as hell doesn’t need someone else being a jerk. It was briefly fun but I quickly realised i am just torturing myself. Thanks for the few words of encouragement that followed me in my brief stint with the game.

I am not happy to see you go, please consider returning at some other time when you are ready.

For the sake of my own mental health I’ve uninstalled. What’s the point trying to race clean if others don’t. I got me annoyed to the point where I was trying to retaliate and the game sure as hell doesn’t need someone else being a jerk. It was briefly fun but I quickly realised i am just torturing myself. Thanks for the few words of encouragement that followed me in my brief stint with the game.
I've uninstalled the game, twice! Restarted new ones over one hundred times. Yes, I have and even started a new game a couple days ago.

As frustrated as I get, the game draws me back. I have other games to flesh out my anger and frustration. I'm as clean a racer as they come. It's only when the knuckleheads do knucklehead things, I'll either retaliate when the opportunity is there or beat them with my skills.

If you only like Sport Mode, I can understand deleting. If you just like cars, keep the game and just collect the ones you really like. Stay up!

I am done for the week as my racing psychology has seriously veered into DR grinding and I do not want to live in that place.

Cheers.

I'm at the same place right now. My DR is at a all time high at 48 600, so close to 50 000. The last time I was that close to DR.A+ was in march 2018. Since I never been able to reach A+, it would be nice to get there even if it's for a short period. If only I had a bit more time to squeeze a couple of this week Race C :(

I think my best bet for next week race is Race A as I perform well on road cars. But DR gain will be marginal in this race. Forget Race B, GR.3 cars and Lago Magiore, neither of them suits me. Brands Hatch could be alright but it will be a popular choice so I will need to be on my best. Hope other racers will be on their best too! :nervous:

Wanted to give a shout-out to @Tidgney for his ongoing devotion to the community and willingness to help others with his weekly track guides. After a 2 month hiatus from the game, I fired it back up this past Monday and immediately went to the interwebz to see what Tidge had to say about this weeks races. He recommended the 488 this week for B..... a car I never would have gone out of my way to drive otherwise. It’s turned out to be my new favorite Gr 4 car. Handles well, enough power to not get murdered on the straights by the FFs....and good with tire wear!

I set a 1:45.5 qually time in the beginning of the week that seemed to be good enough for a top 5 spot in B/S lobbies all week. I was able to murder almost every car out there as far as braking, late turn in’s, and exit speed. Like mentioned, the only place the FF brigade had on me was on the home straight. But if I caught a tow on the long straight, all was good. If I have a tow, I just ran it up the inside right up alongside the wall and more often than not, they would be able to steam past just before the braking zone.....only for them to not be able to get past because I had the inside. I would gain a little bit on the exit out of the hairpin...and as long as I drove a wide, but clean car....didn’t mess up....an no one else punted me.....it usually resulted in a good finish

best part of this whole week; I was usually the only 488 on the grid. Every 3 or 4 races you would maybe see one other Ferrari out there. But like always, it was a sea of Atenza’s and the rest of the FF brigade

Last edited:
@JoeDaSnow ,

Please stop posting videos here. Or, explain yourself. I have not seen you respond to any of the questions posed here. From that I can only conclude, you are not able, don't care, are a youtube self-promoter, or hold us in contempt.

I think you're right, dumping videos without explanation and ignoring criticism is self-promotion/subscriber fishing.

If we were pressed to take away a 'positive' from his videos, he's at least indirectly exhibiting how bad the penalty system (or lack of) is. :lol:

Wanted to give a shout-out to @Tidgney for his ongoing devotion to the community and willingness to help others with his weekly track guides. After a 2 month hiatus from the game, I fired it back up this past Monday and immediately went to the interwebz to see what Tidge had to say about this weeks races. He recommended the 488 this week for B..... a car I had never would have gone out of my way to drive otherwise. It’s turned out to be my new favorite Gr 4 car. Handles well, enough power to not get murdered on the straights by the FFs....and good with tire wear!

I set a 1:45.5 qually time in the beginning of the week that seemed to be good enough for a top 5 spot in B/S lobbies all week. I was able to murder almost every car out there as far as braking, late turn in’s, and exit speed. Like mentioned, the only place the FF brigade had on me was on the home straight. But if I caught a tow on the long straight, all was good. If I have a tow, I just ran it up the inside right up alongside the wall and more often than not, they would be able to steam past just before the braking zone.....only for them to not be able to get past because I had the inside. I would gain a little bit on the exit out of the hairpin...and as long as I drove a wide, but clean car....didn’t mess up....an no one else punted me.....it usually resulted in a good finish

best part of this whole week; I was usually the only 488 on the grid. Every 3 or 4 races you would maybe see one other Ferrari out there. But like always, it wax a sea of Atenza’s and the rest of the FF brigade

No worries at all glad I can help :)! Check out @Mistah_MCA guides to as he goes into more depth for each race.

A frustrating week for me,especially the track limit penalties @ Fuji-lucky to get a CRB at all-down here in B/S you often need to take evasive action to avoid the overconfident and late brakers,so,if you are millimeters off the racing line you are penalised?
i know i can be a bit sideways at times but if i`m not impeding anyone or taking shortcuts what`s the point- 1.5 seconds for clipping a stupid stick!!
(Rant Over)

Thanks entirely to race A (all 32 of my wins are from there), I cracked DR A tonight!
I was really happy with the Q time I managed this week -1:55.684, which is currently good for 71st place in Asia. On Tuesday, I wasn't sure I could get into the 56s.

To be fair to @JoeDaSnow the car he punted in this particular video rammed him three times on that lap and made a late "defensive" move at the final corner rather than taking the clearly available over under line.

But it sounds like he's got a history of this and isn't to be given the benefit of the doubt.

It's also possible that's just how people race at B/B, after all, it's nearly impossible to keep your SR that low with the current penalty system.

Last edited:
To be fair to @JoeDaSnow the car he punted in this particular video rammed him three times on that lap and made a late "defensive" move at the final corner rather than taking the clearly available over under line.

But it sounds like he's got a history of this and isn't to be given the benefit of the doubt.

It's also possible that's just how people race at B/B, after all, it's nearly impossible to keep your SR that low with the current penalty system.
That doesn't explain the second (and in my view much more heinous) punt.

If you're at Level 50 and B/B rated, that's a choice not an accident.

Last edited:

There were taps, but no contact that significant during that lap. So, even if the point was to settle the score, it was overkill compared to what actually ended up happening to him.

To make matters worse, his entry for the final corner was far too narrow to make anything meaningful come from the overtake attempt. He'd just scrub all his speed on entry and let whoever is in front of him get away. Assuming no contact, he'd have to park it near the apex to prevent an accident. Less than ideal for his own race.

Since someone uninvolved in that battle got taken out, he absolutely should have at least given back the position to FCeroli25 - the person who was originally in first.

I can't really comment on the standards on B SR lobbies, but it feels like there were a few situations that could have been avoided just by being more efficient with their racecraft and outright respecting each other on track.

The new week's Race A uses the Mazda Roadster TC.

edit: And here's all three of 'em:

E2sozQPXoAUJ1o9

E2snNz8WUAEGO__

E2sozmgXMAIPN9K

E2snOKjWQAAGYAL

Race C requires the use of both available tyre compounds.

Last edited:
The new week's Race A uses the Mazda Roadster TC.

edit: And here's all three of 'em:

E2sozQPXoAUJ1o9

E2snNz8WUAEGO__

E2sozmgXMAIPN9K

E2snOKjWQAAGYAL

Race C requires the use of both available tyre compounds.

It's looking like another week of not racing for me but not because I don't like the tracks, unfortunately my hearing has not recovered and I still can't hear the cars or tyres, have to see the Doc again and at this point it's so hard to enjoy the racing as the noise frequency from parts of the game are making it difficult to use headphones. I did qualifying runs mainly last week and overall was slower that usual with way too much understeer. I will run qualifying for a bit today but doubt if I will race.

It's looking like another week of not racing for me but not because I don't like the tracks, unfortunately my hearing has not recovered and I still can't hear the cars or tyres, have to see the Doc again and at this point it's so hard to enjoy the racing as the noise frequency from parts of the game are making it difficult to use headphones. I did qualifying runs mainly last week and overall was slower that usual with way too much understeer. I will run qualifying for a bit today but doubt if I will race.
Sorry to hear that. I hope the doctor can help you

TT's I'm watching so far seem to suggest a FF car, or is that just limited to TT? I hate the Trophy, though... so I refuse to use that car. Megane Gr4 on the other hand...
I’ve done one top split lobby race. It was a mix of VWs, Slophies, TTs and a few assorted others (Jag, McLaren etc...).

I did 5m8s in the Slophy and that was a mistake. Could have easily done at least a 3m10s. The alien that won did a 12s1m in a Scirocco. :eek:

I’d say tyre wear is not a huge issue so go with what is quickest for you.

Last edited:
It's looking like another week of not racing for me but not because I don't like the tracks, unfortunately my hearing has not recovered and I still can't hear the cars or tyres, have to see the Doc again and at this point it's so hard to enjoy the racing as the noise frequency from parts of the game are making it difficult to use headphones. (snip)

Get well and hurry back when you can.

@JoeDaSnow (some reason I can't reply to your post - probably my old computer telling me it is time for retirement . . . again),

Nice Race A video, I liked how you backed down after bumping in the braking zone allowing the leader to recover stability in his car- good move (L3).

Same place on L4 or L5 it looked liked you widened the road little but forgot the race car on the outside - In the braking zone did you mean to allow 2nd along side so he could regain 1st? It looked like you went wide and slowed. I think after the nudge previously on the straight to that they might have been a bit skiddish to come back along side.

The bump on L7 2nd gave you was probably out of anger - good recovery though. It seem like they kept bumping you until the end and they were awarded the grand prize of 1 second penalty and loss of the win for the last corner action.

Just my opinion but this is a good video - good racing. I think if you keep this up then your fellow racers will come around.

Enjoy your racing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a win in the alt. Qualified the C7 on RM. 29.xxx. Enough for P2 behind a 4C and ahead of a TT.

C7 just pulls up to the 4C no problem. I follow it for the first lap. Beginning of second lap, it goes wide T3. Gives room to let me by. From there, J pretty much checked on the RM.

4Cpits Lap 6. It was on RS! Me and the no second place TT, pit Lap 7 for RS. A Scirocco joins the party, passing the TT. A Viper passes the 4C for 4th. The 4C pits again. Switch chef from the RM back to RS.

I cross the line in 20 minutes flat. Scirocco crosses and gets the 1 minute penalty. They were 20 seconds behind.

An 86 had passed the Viper and 4C. Viper 5th, a Mustang 7th.

Pretty mixed field with 458s, GT-Rs, WRX, British Bulldogs.

Next race in the Atenza, a bit messy with this crew. A Scirocco just moving people off track. Seriously, rubbing them off mid-corner and exits.

I say qualify as high up as you can, with whatever car. 7RM/6RS is working for me and others. It's more about keeping your own pace.

Looking at practice on Race 2 for tomorrow, any recommendations for Gr3 at Lake M?

Sadly, I can't. I've been able to win in multiple different cars. I guess that means that you need to learn the track. But my favorites include the Viper, Ford GT, & Corvette.

If you only like Sport Mode, I can understand deleting. If you just like cars, keep the game and just collect the ones you really like. Stay up!

Personally, I only like Sort Mode. The knuckleheads do ruin it for me & it takes a favorite combo to help me put up with those shenanigans. Race B & C look favorable to me.

I say qualify as high up as you can, with whatever car. 7RM/6RS is working for me and others. It's more about keeping your own pace.

This. One of the last times race C was at Brands GP, the tire choices were the same. I was able to get a couple of victories in the 86 Gr. 4. It's just easy to drive there. Similar cars (Mustang, Viper, Jag, AM) would likely drive similar. But a good qualifying time will be the biggest benefit.

Out came the trusted Beetle on Race B, quali 3rd in the late 57s. Survived the first 4 corners and then downhill into the tightening right hander, tagged on the back end, spun me round - ended up 15th. Dragged by backside back to 8th

Not amused

Well, thos FFs are kinda fast. Even the FF Megane towards the end of the rac. I was in RS in the C7. A WRX is about to get smashed. It bumped me last race and just offed two or three cars. That FF Megane got knocked on the last lap and finished behind me.

did 3 race c this morning in the Trophy, that thing is hella fast round here!

first run started 10th finished 9th, one Audi driver who insisted i should visit the grass which led to a spin on lap 2, otherwise a quiet race.
second run was a disaster of my own making. started 5th, finished 15th.
Third run started 3rd, had a great race and was leading when i pitted on lap 10 for med tyres, came out in third, second binned it next lap I took their place but the driver behind was carching fast, he lined me up through lap 12 and took the place out of Graham Hill really cleanly and pulled away until... he touched the grass on the final corner and fishtailed all the way down the main straight before hitting the wall about a yard form the line! I felt so much for him (Let's face it, we've all been there)

Generally good clean racing this morning :)

Aww, man. Back to the rock 'em sock 'em smashfest. Wish the physics were like ACC. People can't get away with the stuff being pulled using GTS physics. I'm on the alt and I think I'm going to skip this stuff.

Last edited:
Tried all 3 dailies:
- Race A - Lots or fun flinging the Mazda around, just try to stay at the front and avoid bumper cars.
- Race B - I like the track, but couldn’t quite hook things up in the Beetle on RM.
- Race C - Tried the slophy, potential for some good racing but being punted/spun and getting penalties ruined it. I might have a go tomorrow with an FF & try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back