"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the sake of my own mental health I’ve uninstalled...

That’s a shame. I’d say give the lobbies a chance, there’s always some good races going on in that part of the game. That’s where I do most of my racing these days.

Last edited:
HELP!

My son got F1 2020 yesterday. Somehow he managed to switch the gad pedal with the shift pedal. This is now also the default setting in GT Sport. I couldn't find a way to change that in options since it only displays steering wheel setting. Any idea how to solve this for both games?

HELP!

My son got F1 2020 yesterday. Somehow he managed to switch the gad pedal with the shift pedal. This is now also the default setting in GT Sport. I couldn't find a way to change that in options since it only displays steering wheel setting. Any idea how to solve this for both games?
I have a T300 and the way I did that (having been told it would do something else :lol:) was by pressing the Mode + PS buttons simultaneously. Just do it again to revert it :)

Race C summary. I ran a few on my alt. Brands Hatch Group 4.
  • Need to use both tires in the races - RS/RM.
  • The pit delta is 8 or 9 seconds though I did not pay close attention.
  • The Megane Trophy (MR), aka Slophy, is the choice. Good on tires and some are running 10 or 11 laps on RS. There are some drivers who are laying down top qual times in it so it is also fast in the right hands, not mine though. The Ferrari and the 4C are also doing well.
  • I have opted for the VW Scirocco (BB+5) until I can find another 1.5 seconds of pace in the Slophy.
  • Starting with RS, 7 or 8 laps on RS is the crossover point. By that time the RMs are faster than the worn RS and will comfortably last until the end of the race.
  • The tire wear is worst on the Left Front as would be expected at clockwise circuit
  • Overall, tire saving is not much of an issue given that everyone must stop. If you must save brake sooner and gentler into the right hand turns and save your aggression for the left handers as the right front will have less wear.
  • There are some guys running consistent 1:28 and 1:29 laps in race trim (Slophy). I have been able to manage consistent 1:30s with some 1:31s.
  • Few are using the FF cars but the tire wear fear is overstated. I managed a P3 in an Asia with DR.A and DR.B drivers. I think it was top split as it was middle-of-the-night.
  • A 1:27:* time will get a high start position - Monday.

Got the Beetle down to 57.0, there's another half a second for me if I can find the talent to get it.

Still quali in top half of the grid full of B/A and B/B drivers.

Off the back of this I had a go at LH challenge at Lake M, remembered quickly how much I despise the Merc, I'm a full 2 seconds slower

Me and my wife got the first jab a few weeks ago. I had a knot in my shoulder and my wife had a very rare side effect of the covid shot... :censored:ness.

I was fortunate to get mine just as they became available for use in the US. Out of the guys at work, none of us had really anything but a sore arm after the first one (maderna). The second one knocked pretty much everyone down.

personally I got sick after about 30 hours....stayed sick for 3 days. And randomly got chills for a week. My parents on the other hand, didn’t really feel anything. Tougher generation I suppose

I did it guys! Could leave work earlier than expected and squeeze 4 races Sunday evening.

Consistant pace with good people and there I go, A+ 52 700 at the end of the week.

It will not last long, already lose 1 000 today on race A. Will try to stop the bleed tomorrow on Race C.

Wish me luck.

PS: I will not be the jerk doing everything to keep the rating. I'm just glad I could get there. :gtpflag:

Had a good go at Brands early Monday morning here in the Americas. Ran the Scooby. Started P2 in a B/S lobby. Got a good clean get away, just ran smooth, avoided fighting. The Slophy in front ran all the way off at Surtees and rage quit. I started on the RM, did 6 goodish laps, swapped to the RS and did a few fast laps (though, just behind fastest lap). Over all, got the win, felt good about it. Think I'll keep working on the C race this week.

Ahhhhh Brands, why do I keep coming back? I guess because ibhave no choice, my pace at LM is just not good enough.

I try thr Megan and the scirocco, the vw is made for my driving stay and I pump in a 27.9, good enough I reakon.

I start 12th, wearing big 18 in a TOUGH room. A couple guys go off, lots guys pit etc to get off the medium but my tyres fade bad laps 5 through 7 and I come out on lap 8 in 10th with fast guys approaching. Lead guy catches me, gets past then he messes up and as I go to repass he pushes me off on purpose, absolute psyche despite the A+ rating. Finish 15th, not happy but room sontough I barely lose 100 points.

Brands Hatch is such a great circuit. I'm not particularly good at it, but I really enjoy it as a challenge. There are some aspects that I am noticing in my 4 races this week though.

1. The Slophy can brake really late. If you're not in a Slophy, don't try and outbrake it. You'll only ruin your own race and maybe the Slophy's as well.
2. Pit etiquette is sadly lacking. People need to put their indicator on along Clearways and then stay tight to the right. Swinging wide out of Clark Curve and then back across to the pit entry is disastrous for everyone.
3. Like the pits, rejoin etiquette is lacking. Diving straight back onto the racing line from the sand/grass is almost certain to cause carnage.
4. There is a special place in hell reserved for the small patch of grass on the outside of the exit to Sheene's

Raced my way to a victory and out of the C ranks yesterday. Jumped onto my alt to run some qually laps at Maggiore and Brands Hatch and posted a couple of times I was pretty happy with.

I ran my Maggiore laps in the M6, posting a 1:55:481. I switched cars and found myself on pole for the one and only race I entered. I had an A+/A driver right behind me in an RCZ who's Q time was only 1 tenth slower than mine, and the rest of the field either had no Q time or had times 5-6 secs slower. It turned into a bit of a defensive drive, as I knew the Mustang was marginally slower than the M6, so I would have a strong driver behind me trying to get past. I managed to hold him off the whole race, finishing 0.090 ahead with a clean race bonus, fastest lap, and now 4 wins on that account. Far from a flawless drive from me, as there were times I was a good 2s ahead, but then would just run a bit deep into a corner or brake a bit early and that gap would just plummet. Happy to have beaten an A+/A driver though!!

My Q time for Brands Hatch was first in the Megane, but I realised later I could set a time on softs! So I went back to the track after the daily distance gift where I received a Viper Gr.4, so I decided to use that instead. That turned out to be a good move, as I improved my time by over 1s (still 3s off the top 10 pace!) which should be enough for top 5 starts in the Asia/Pacific lobbies. I find the Viper to have MUCH better handling than the Megane. I think the Megane is faster in a straight line under BOP, but the Viper has much more manageable turn-in and you can get on the throttle much earlier without worrying about taking a picnic on the outside of the corner. As soon as I get the chance I'll be jumping into some Race C's in the Viper...

EDIT: Also jumped onto my main account for some Q time in the FT-1 at Maggiore. A few tenths quicker than the M6 on my alt.

Last edited:
Yesterday at Brands has been good for me in EMEA and home region (American).
606B2C56-2E8C-4AA9-8D44-3B5120AFBAF9.jpeg
58D8E483-7556-4611-8AAB-06C9C8AB298D.jpeg

Also shout out to this guy who tried:

My issue with brands is i never feel like i am racing there, just waiting for errors and trying not to fall off the road myself. It is incredibly difficult to pass and I can defend there for laps on end against super fast guys. You need a lot of cooperation to pass, a lot.
Pretty easy to gain spots when everyone clears the track for ya. Coming out of the last turn and the turn after Paddock Hill are good spots to pass. I’ve had some guys slow down to let me by, those are surprises.

Last edited:
My issue with brands is i never feel like i am racing there, just waiting for errors and trying not to fall off the road myself. It is incredibly difficult to pass and I can defend there for laps on end against super fast guys. You need a lot of cooperation to pass, a lot.
I find it very satisfying to get a lap right, but the three right handers after the long and short tracks diverge are so hard to get right - there is a fine line between slow, fast and off. I will try a couple of races there, but fully expect to spend a big pile of DR for the pleasure.

Yesterday at Brands has been good for me in EMEA and home region (American).
View attachment 1014445 View attachment 1014446

Also shout out to this guy who tried:

LoL. Started watching... through final turn... all look pretty clean... good tough close racing through T1... what's the problem?... wait for it... moron!

Cheers!

The most promising place is to get a clean exit and draft out of Surtees. But, in general, you are correct... need to stay back a little and watch for a bobble and then pounce.

Last edited:
LOL I did just that, guy in front was on mediums and I was on soft. Was all over him, i got inside him then nudged him so slowed so he could re-take the place. Nver saw him again, my tyres faded and he vanished, finished 3rd whilst i would have finished 11th without the push off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back