Daily races are now WEEKLY races (POLL)

Do you want DAILY races or WEEKLY races?

• Total voters
The effect of this daily-weekly transition will turn out soon, but in general, widening of variety is the usual way to keep (or gain) online presence of the users. Question is if they still need online presence at all (after the amount of sold copies), or bothering with this is just costs them...

If you insert here the "funny" memes about who cares if someone is leaving, then don't be too loud if matchmaking will last for several minutes to collect anybody who is ready for racing - regardless of it is matching or not. Though it is just a small part of the game - this was the big, shiny new feature of this title....

It is a strange coincidence it happened during summer vacations. Some of the staff must have taken a break after a big push the patch 1.23 was.

I don’t mind, now I don’t have rush qualifying after work anymore. Since there are three spots for daily races they could change at least one daily for people who prefer it.

Oh no ! A radical change to Sport Mode that i won't bother at all to adapt to and TOTALLY ruins the game for me because i refuse to accept that there are many more things to do in GT Sport other than "Daily" Races.

Seriously tho , i couldn't care less about that change.

ummm wasn't all the quick races in GT6 weekly as well? so what the problem here....

Also remember Daily races was originally only supposed to be held in a small, 3 hour window? (closed beta days.....)

I haven't actively played since I got the Platinum Trophy at the start of the year so I may be late to this, but do Sport Mode races allow for tuning yet?

I'm okay with no tuning in Daily Races but for Weekly races I think it's worth adding, so that a driver and its car can evolve as the week progresses. Otherwise a combination can get boring relatively quickly once you have "figured it out".

ummm wasn't all the quick races in GT6 weekly as well? so what the problem here....

Also remember Daily races was originally only supposed to be held in a small, 3 hour window? (closed beta days.....)

Thats sounds wrong, a game that is clearly aimed at online only allows the players to race in a 3 hour window?
Same goes with the comparison to GT6, GTS have rankings, is constantly re-balanced and lots of aspects are fine tuned with every patch all in the name of online racing.

3 weekly races will have a natural outcome, less players and less success for the game. The benefits are simply to small for this to last, if they insist on a weekly race, then take Race A and let it rotate between short tracks, slow cars and long tracks and fast cars.

I think both is the best solution
Let’s say keep the 3 daily
And then maybe 3 weekly races
As the daily races keep you on your toes it’s always something new to learn or get back into and will see car and track combos that are great and bizarre and bad but that’s all part of the fun of it. The challenge of adapting each day also means the leaderboards will be close for the people who like to use those as a target, if we give all the guys a week to get the best time getting into a top 100 timetable might be a challenge

The weekly races can always be Gr4 Gr3 as they are most popular and will also promote all their Fia stuff well I guess so should always have people playing
and Gr1 I guess or maybe alternate the last category with Gr1 Gr2 and so on

With regards to tuning
I wouldn’t want it because I don’t understand how to get the best out of a car through setup my knowledge is extending gear ratios when you hit the limiter and that’s it
Where as with no tuning it’s always a fair playing field no one has a setup advantage it’s all about the driver

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster...

I agree with pretty much every single word you said Ryan.

I think this move to weekly races completely sucks. I’ll be sick of Tsukuba and Suzuka after tonight. It has been fun (because I like both track and car combos) but I’m not gonna want to do it AGAIN tomorrow... or worse, the rest of the week! And these are combos I LIKE! I mean, do they really want/expect us to race one or two tracks for an entire week? (I say “one or two” as there’s usually a race option you don’t like... or two... or even three sometimes! So I guess I won’t be playing at all on those weeks...)

PD are such morons sometimes. :(

Personally, I think two days would be good. I felt one day was a bit too rushed sometimes... it was all over a bit too quickly... but two days would be nice. You’d get time to have some fun, put in some good times and have some good races, come back the next day and see if you can improve etc... but you wouldn’t be stuck with it for an entire week.

Or, if they really want weekly races (which I’m not against the idea of I might add), then at least have 6 races to choose from - 3 daily, and 3 weekly. Having only 3 for an entire week is just dumb, and already boring to be honest.

As for car tuning, maybe have one weekly race where people can tune their cars. I know nothing about cars and wouldn’t have a clue how to tune one up, so that stuff doesn’t interest me at all - I love the even playing field of the Daily Races - but at the same time, I get that other people are into that stuff, so it would be cool for those people... and who knows, maybe I’d give it a try occasionally.

The best thing would be:
6 races.
First 3 refresh every week, the other 3 every day.
Plus this would bring a lot of activity and engagement in Sport mode.
Note that Sport has never introduced an off-road race, only Gr.B class.
With this idea a lot more classes/races would be available at once every day for everyone.

Racing drivers don't get to pick and choose what tracks they race at. They have to accept that for every Nurburgring, there's a Marrakech.

I agree if I were paid as a racing driver .. but i'm paying (PSN LIVE) to play a game that reduce the choice for me to enjoy about racing .. in a game with "only" the possibility to save online (progress and elements of the game) .

IR

Why PD don't look the way codemasters did the online rally events In Dirt rally ?? And make something similar... With the huge potential that sport mode have and is kind of wasted until today ..

In dirt rally there were :

-Daily events
(GTS could make short races)

-weekly events
(GTS could make longer races like the daily C race)

-monthly events
(GTS could implement some endurance races up to 40 minutes or 60 minutes with 10 minutes of qualifying session before)

-Special events
(GTS could use a similar option to host a race coinciding with a important real world race as the 24H of Le mans or nurburgring..)

But 3 daily races, 3 weekly races and 3 monthly races would make sport mode quite interesting for everyone..

And also keep the FIA events

Racing drivers don't get to pick and choose what tracks they race at. They have to accept that for every Nurburgring, there's a Marrakech.
We arent racing drivers...nobody here has bought GT Sport and subscribed to PS Plus so that they can do something they don't enjoy...

s-l225.jpg
When we have daily races again :confused:

Oh no ! A radical change to Sport Mode that i won't bother at all to adapt to and TOTALLY ruins the game for me because i refuse to accept that there are many more things to do in GT Sport other than "Daily" Races.

Seriously tho , i couldn't care less about that change.
Oh. So because you enjoy the other parts of the game, it means that everyone else should. Okay.

It's a game... They also only compete in the event once.

The daily GTS racer is stuck with the same race every day for a week.
*jumps up and down stamping feet*
Honestly, this change could only be for a week or a month to test out and you guys are like spoilt toddlers having a temper tantrum.

If it doesn't work and less people end up playing, PD will see that in the numbers they get... they don't need your on the ground reporting, they have all the data

Voted Both.. Both options have their pros and cons.

I wonder the reason for it...?

I wonder if they had high server load lately, or maybe they are cutting the number of available MP servers?
This could be a strategy to water down the traffic.

Well this sucks. I often find that I don't like any of the 3 races on offer so this has pushed me even further away from Sport mode. Why on Earth are they only limited to 3 anyway? It seems like such a shame to not offer more variety in the Daily Races, and now they've also decreased the frequency with which they change it's going to feel even more stale. :(

*jumps up and down stamping feet*
Honestly, this change could only be for a week or a month to test out and you guys are like spoilt toddlers having a temper tantrum.

If it doesn't work and less people end up playing, PD will see that in the numbers they get... they don't need your on the ground reporting, they have all the data

Disappointed you feel the sudden need to judge everything I have to say Deep Dish Earth brethren.

I'm clearly not the only one upset about this, so I'm not sure why you're only responding to me.

That's one way of looking at it. The other is that you purchase software, pay a subscription and then get to race on three tracks, all of which will probably have a best or forced car to pick. Three tracks, three cars, one week of nothing but sprint races. If anything, that will curb players from coming back on a daily basis.

Disappointed you feel the sudden need to judge everything I have to say Deep Dish Earth brethren.

I'm clearly not the only one upset about this, so I'm not sure why you're only responding to me.
Largely because I was replying to your post, but also because this is your thread and you where the most vocal about it yesterday (UK time).

I just get fed up of knee-jerk reactions from fan communities, especially over changes that can easily be changed and tinkered with.
GT Sport is a LIVE game, it can be tweaked and changed with and PD should be open about doing so. Instead of assuming that a handful of people on a fan site know better, maybe we should go with it and see how it goes. Like I said, PD has access to the server data, we do not, we also don't know why they changed it.

Maybe they are doing it to get more people playing Sport mode and when the numbers come up, they'll change it and see how many of those new users continue playing.

EDIT: Also, as you said GT Sport is just a game, Deep Dish Earth is for life

Can't say this affects me since I've only done 17 sport mode races since November, but it does sound like an odd decision.

Perhaps they're going to introduce other new daily / weekly challenges.
Thought I was low at only 20 sport mode races, since game launch.

Seasonal events would be nice. I really don't like to race strangers, but AI is fine.

I can't fathom a reason that this is a positive change to be honest. A week is far too long to be doing the same combination over and over and having just the 3 different races for one day is already in itself a lack of variety.

No doubt the numbers will be monitored to see any differences in the player count. If it doesn't work out, it should be changed back to daily.

Latest Posts

Back