Daily Races with Friends, Fridays @ 9pm EST. All Drivers Welcome.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 3,898 comments
I saw that, you were just abandoned on the track. I thought you’d got out of your car and walked back to the grid We waited a few minutes before we started again but no joy!

Yep, temp ban to a private room so you can’t re-enter?, I could see 3 friends listed as active in the lobby though.
On restarts, it’s best just to exit asap instead?
I thought he’d ran off with the birthday cake :lol:

Last edited:
Yep, temp ban to a private room so you can’t re-enter?, I could see 3 friends listed as active in the lobby though.
wow.. temp ban? Didn't know that was a thing!
I think he may have got a booty call when he was setting up the reverse grid and it just got him all of a fluster :lol:

The few races I managed last night were great fun, I think it was 0.1s between the top 4 in race 1. I had to give up early because I was sick but Pigems birthday parties are the best!
it was a cracker.. i couldn't believe the draft i got at the end of lap 2.. came from about 4 seconds behind :crazy: and then i REALLY couldn't believe the Peugeot outran the megane on the last straight. I had a similar finish the other night where i was P2 on the last straight and the nice Brazilian chap in front swerved all over to stop me passing.. even had the brass neck to say sorry in post race chat :lol:

Hey man, I’m sorry that it didn’t let you get back in!! I thought you’d be able to just jump right back in, we thought you were stuck on the track, that’s the only reason I did it. I’m really sorry about that man. :cheers:

Great racing by everyone last night, that was a ton of fun! Thanks to everyone who came out and made it the best Bday Party ever, You guys are the best! I’ll have pics and replays up here shortly. :cheers:

Last edited:
Fun racing, but I seemed to get tangled up a bit, espescially at Tokyo because I dont drive there...

I made a fool of myself in the last bonus by wrecking you @sturk0167

I am sorry man.

What are the odds? We get to race together only a few times a week and I do that...

I owe you another one...That makes 2...

My bad
Not a problem, at all. I was a bit out of control there, myself. I've never driven that car on that track, and had no idea how it would handle.
Besides, I punted you at turn 1 in the rainy Tokyo race a couple weeks ago. :guilty:

I was glad you were there. Great job on your Tsukuba victory. 👍

Not a problem, at all. I was a bit out of control there, myself. I've never driven that car on that track, and had no idea how it would handle.
Besides, I punted you at turn 1 in the rainy Tokyo race a couple weeks ago. :guilty:

I was glad you were there. Great job on your Tsukuba victory. 👍

We ran 3 wide at some point there. It was bound to happen with these cars. Those minis get super wobbly on the faster turns.

Hey man, I’m sorry that it didn’t let you get back in!! I thought you’d be able to just jump right back in, we thought you were stuck on the track, that’s the only reason I did it. I’m really sorry about that man. :cheers:

Great racing by everyone last night, that was a ton of fun! Thanks to everyone who came out and made it the best Bday Party ever, You guys are the best! I’ll have pics and replays up here shortly. :cheers:

‘Til next time
tenor.gif

You won't be alone. A couple of us usually turn up, and there's more lower ranked drivers showing up than there used to be 👍.

But with less than 12 hours to go @Pigems *still* hasn't posed what the combo's for the extra races are :odd:.

I’m just at the store picking up pads and rotors for my wife’s car, I’ll get them posted as soon as I get home. :D

Happy Saturday Everyone!! Tonight marks the last Saturday Night running of the Daily Races, from next week on the races will be held on Friday Night at 9pm EST instead, everything else will remain as is. I hope to see you all out there for our last Saturday run, and I also hope the move to Friday’s doesn’t cause anyone to not be able to attend in the future. :cheers:

@SpaceMaN47y0 @fastone371 @Dairyworker @sturk0167 @Sven Jurgens @dlshearon @Groundfish @Vegard @Gersicer @tariklehaine @Flash_Sweden @05XR8 @JohnEB @DesertPenguin @Tea_Leaves @Invisigoth @suprajef @CrimsonKing @Stencedaddy @seadog777 @Trone_Colby @K1LLD0z3R @VolkswagenX @NosOsH @Bass Addict @JoeyLeonine @Qyn @FloridaFanGT @golfer07840 @whiteusagi @MaxAttack @Chevy Heavy @viper al @Mistah_MCA @GOTMAXPOWER @O604 @Cabernet @Granadier @Kevstah2004

Tonight’s Bonus Races will be....

‘19 Gr Supra N300 One Make @ Fuji Short, 4 Laps on Sport Soft Tires, Stock Specs.

Mazda Roadster TC N200 @ Mount Panorama, 3 Laps, Sport Soft Tires, Stock Specs.

Open Gr.4 @ Big Willow, 5 Laps, Racing Hard Tires, BoP On.

0769BC4E-5E20-49A0-8CCE-BDF4736F799A.jpeg

Have fun you guys! I hope some of you will be interested in our Saturday night IRS events. At the moment we are midway through a one-make RS01 season but after that should be a proper Gr.3 series. And after that most likely an IMSA style LMP2/Gr.3 multi-class series.

For anyone looking for new Saturday night fun, @DesertPenguin ’s events are really fun! I highly suggest checking them out. :)

Since I can't make it tonight, I'll take this opportunity to possibly help @RacingGrandpa since we like to drive the Mustang. Here is the fast lap I had the other night before race 3. I would throw @sturk0167 into that help column, but he was hounding me with an auto trans, so I don't think he needs my help. :lol: My settings: manual trans, TC 0, BB -2, weak ABS. The best way I've found to get around turn 1 & the uphill left before the top of the hill is to get to the brake point & hold the brake until the front begins to smoke slightly. Once it does, let off the brake & the car will not over speed the corner. It took me some time to get comfortable with that method. It's just a thought. And the last corner, I hit the brakes once, just enough to arrest the momentum & let the car coast through the turn. My goal is to always coast & occasionally use some throttle to maintain speed. But the #1 rule for me is to point the car toward the apex. I can typically see where the pavement "points", marking the apex, even if someone knocks the cone out of the way.

And how about race 4? I gotta admit, it wasn't planned & it wasn't spectacular, but my drift at the top of the hill on lap 4 was fun.

I saw you on my outside & it looked like you might have been inching over towards me. Then I saw the gap open & heard the gravel fly. I knew that you had stolen my signature move. :lol:
That's the beauty of practice. I attempt all sorts of questionable stuff when I'm practicing, to see what will work.
Now I have a reminder of what not to do on that last turn when the races start. 👍

Last edited:
Server going nuts. Black screen. Then, I enter and all the cars, but 2 or 3, are rolling backwards and/or stationary.

Wow! Things got a little messy tonight:

7431524325548623376_0.jpg

Notice @sturk0167 is almost in Los Angeles, all the way to the right.

7431524327696107024_0.jpg

Here's @Qyn joining the balloons, with some help from me (sorry bud).

7286841800009975320_0.jpg

Track limits were very much respected on Bonus Race A.

7277834592704266768_0.jpg

And finally, 6 Supras overshooting Fuji's turn 1 together.

The Bathurst-Miata combo was great and the race was a little bit more civilized:
7430956988624798232_0.jpg

Last edited:
Back