Daily, weekly and monthly rivals

Today is a Breakout at the short layout of Hockenheim in an Alpine A110 GT4. Meh.

Also, it seems there's been a new DLC released recently, with some Japanese road cars (plus their GT-spec race conversions); an AE86, a Silvia, and a couple modern Zs. There's also a new track; an oval short track that's basically a smaller version of Darlington, with a few pseudo-figure-eight layouts (with a little overpass, so no T-bone action) as well.

Today is a Pace Setter at Brno in the Porsche 962C. Solid car, but the tail does like to step out if you give it too much gas and too much steering input at the same time.

At Brno, the key corner is of course the medium sweeper... :dopey: (Seriously, this track is literally what you and your siblings and/or friends would build back in the '80s by mashing all of your cheap Tyco or Scalextric slot car track kits together...)

Just my opinion, BRNO>SPA :scared:
I love Brno. Wide and free flowing with plenty of alternative lines. Had many a great race there. I like Spa but it doesn't hold a fascination to me like it does for some.

After a clean of the lens my blu ray player seems to working again, so game on. :)

Today is a Hot Lap at Sugo in a McLaren 570S. Sugo's a fun track with a variety of different corners; good place for throwing around a sports car like the 570S. The car itself is pretty solid, but it does seem to exhibit a bit of understeer rather suddenly in some spots, so you want to time your acceleration carefully so you don't run wide or have to lift when the car decides that it's bored with turning and wants to go in a straight line now instead. :P

Currently Ranked
Damn you. I always drop down one spot when you get to have a try. :D

Very nice time. As you say the 570 was really fun. I'd got to 44th with a 1:27 and 11 goes left, but then I made the mistake of backing out of rivals. After restarting the ghosts were annoying me and I kept failing. I know I should look at the track more than them but they always draw my attention. Just wants a toggle button SMS.

The TGT works well with PC3 then? Shame you don't get the extra effects.

Damn you. I always drop down one spot when you get to have a try. :D

Very nice time. As you say the 570 was really fun. I'd got to 44th with a 1:27 and 11 goes left, but then I made the mistake of backing out of rivals. After restarting the ghosts were annoying me and I kept failing. I know I should look at the track more than them but they always draw my attention. Just wants a toggle button SMS.

The TGT works well with PC3 then? Shame you don't get the extra effects.
I always end up chasing @BreakerOhio's ghost, well that's not quite true, I should say ''I watch his ghost drive off into the distance after the first few corners'' :sly:

I can hang with the top three for a bit but like you I get put off. Then I'll make a small error and end up chasing them the rest of the way. Managed 20th in this one but I'm still a second off the pace! I might have to start using my other PS profile that I use specifically with my wheel (a T-GT as well).

Edit: Regarding the ghosts it would be great to be able to run just one sometimes. We (well me at least) badly need more options in this area.

And great time @BreakerOhio :bowdown:. Do you mind posting your wheel settings? I would mind giving them a go.

Last edited:
it would be great to be able to run just one sometimes.
Actually one would be OK, I could probably live with that. When there's 3 they all tend to take slightly different lines so all that motion put's me off. I keep trying to avoid them instead of driving through them. :P

Today's event is a Hot Lap at the reverse Knockhill International layout in the Camaro ZL1 GT4 car. Blasting over the bumps in this beast is a good time, for sure, and being both brave and lucky on the esses and through that last complex of corners will get you a good time (or a splitter full of gravel, but hey; no risk, no reward!). Just make sure to get at least one relatively solid run in first before you really start pushing the limits, as those 20 tries go by quick, and it only takes one bad bounce to ruin a run.

Knockhill International Reverse with a Chevrolet Camaro ZL-1 GT4.R, a car with stiff race suspension is quite the challenge for this bumpy track. You really have to be careful how you transfer the weight of the car around.
To get the best of this car and track event you have to control your load transfers well... One bad bounce and that's it. Very fun event and the car has so much character on this track!

Edit: video added 49.444

Last edited:
The Chevy at Knockhill.
I like the car and I like the track but I didn't like the car at the track. The bumpiness literally made me feel ill so I backed out after a half dozen attempts. Some games do give me motion sickness, I'm not sure a VR headset would be a good idea for me!

Today is a Hot Lap at Tuscany Collina Town in an Indycar. Not a combination you might expect, but the IR-18 really loves this twisty stretch of road. In the first half-sector, resist the urge to drive too deep into the hairpins; slow in, fast out is the key, and be sure to account for the downhill braking zones. Once you're past those, it's over-braking that you're looking to avoid, especially in the long uphill half heading back into town. Many of those kinks and turns are full throttle (occasionally with just a touch of lift to put some more weight on the front tyres, but don't overdo it or you'll kill your momentum), and even those few that do require some slowing down often don't need as much as you might think; all that Indycar downforce can get you through those medium-speed corners surprisingly quickly. Just watch the track limits; they are really overly strict in a few spots and you can get dinged unexpectedly for crossing one random painted line or another even if you never leave the tarmac.

Today's Daily event is a Pace Setter at Interlagos in the Ligier JS P3. Getting through turns 1 and 2 in a way that maximises your exit speed out of 2 is critical to a fast lap, and it's a challenge; it's very easy to overdrive the entry into 1, and doing so even slightly will put you off the ideal line for turn 2. The Ligier is a little tail-happy, as well, so go easy on the trail braking in the slower corners, or you'll slide the rears and you won't be able to get the power down in time.

The new Weekly event is a Hot Lap at Cadwell Park GP in a C8 Corvette road car. What can I say; it's Cadwell Park, full of humps, dips, odd bends, ridiculously off-camber corners, and sections that are almost physically too narrow for your fat 'Vette arse to even fit through. Doesn't help that's it's at dawn and the track all but disappears under the shadow of the trees in many of the trickiest parts. The mid-engine C8 does a pretty fine job handling all of that, though, and it's a blast to drive on this track.

Today is a Hot Lap at Tuscany Collina Town in an Indycar. Not a combination you might expect, but the IR-18 really loves this twisty stretch of road. In the first half-sector, resist the urge to drive too deep into the hairpins; slow in, fast out is the key, and be sure to account for the downhill braking zones. Once you're past those, it's over-braking that you're looking to avoid, especially in the long uphill half heading back into town. Many of those kinks and turns are full throttle (occasionally with just a touch of lift to put some more weight on the front tyres, but don't overdo it or you'll kill your momentum), and even those few that do require some slowing down often don't need as much as you might think; all that Indycar downforce can get you through those medium-speed corners surprisingly quickly. Just watch the track limits; they are really overly strict in a few spots and you can get dinged unexpectedly for crossing one random painted line or another even if you never leave the tarmac.

This car and track combo was fast! Very technical sections in the beginning, then high speed boost section.
Fun.

The speed and immersion was awesome at Tuscany with this car.
Any small mistake I would ruin the hot lap. And I made a mistake at the end lol

Last edited:
Damn, I didn't realize there was boost on the Indycar. :dunce: No wonder I couldn't keep up in a couple of sections. Oh well, still managed 43'rd and Platinum.

Today's Daily event is a Pace Setter at Interlagos in the Ligier JS P3. Getting through turns 1 and 2 in a way that maximises your exit speed out of 2 is critical to a fast lap, and it's a challenge; it's very easy to overdrive the entry into 1, and doing so even slightly will put you off the ideal line for turn 2. The Ligier is a little tail-happy, as well, so go easy on the trail braking in the slower corners, or you'll slide the rears and you won't be able to get the power down in time.

The Ligier is tail-happy! I have spun on turn 1 a couple times in practice. Taming this car requires some precise trailing braking and is a thrill to drive. Hence the name of this event is Brazilian Thrill.

I ran a 1:27.232 average and this would of improved my time, but sometimes my times do not get recorded.

Last edited:
sometimes my times do not get recorded

I had the same issue and when posting it on the official forum, someone pointed out that you have to do two things to get the time recorded. Firstly, your average over three laps needs to improve. Secondly, you need to improve your single best lap time (which is the time you see while you are in the event, on left of screen.

It makes no sense, because only the average should matter... But it appears both things have to be improved for the new best average to be registered.

I had the same issue and when posting it on the official forum, someone pointed out that you have to do two things to get the time recorded. Firstly, your average over three laps needs to improve. Secondly, you need to improve your single best lap time (which is the time you see while you are in the event, on left of screen.

It makes no sense, because only the average should matter... But it appears both things have to be improved for the new best average to be registered.

If that's actually true and not just confirmation bias, that sounds like a bug feature designed to increase immersion for players. :dopey:

Anyway, today it's back to Cadwell Park GP for a Hot Lap, this time in a Ferrari F355 Challenge car, which is even more brilliant at this track than the C8; it just does exactly what you want it to do whenever you want it to do it, no matter what craziness Cadwell throws at you. Good fun!

Last edited:

Interesting theory.
My PB lap for the event was a 1:27.179 and I didn't go faster than this in any of my laps. So then this condition was not met. hmmm..
All three of my laps were 1:27.2xx so yeah it fits that theory.
I ran a 1:27.232 average and this would of improved my best average time. Good to know, it seems that shouldn't be the case and it should just use the average time.

Thanks for that, you came up with a theory the devs can use to look further into this.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm pretty sure it is right based on casual observation (for example yesterday my category jumped from Gold 2 to Platinum for only a few tens of average time improvement, but after my best single lap improved from 1:27.6, set on 2nd attempt, to 1:27.4, set on that attempt), but it would need a proper test:
  • Do a run to record an average time; note fastest lap - make two laps really slow and one quicker, but still easily beatable by you.
  • Do a second run where you do three quicker (but still slow, to ensure you can beat it later) laps; no single lap must be quicker than your previous quickest single lap, but your average must be better.
    • Go all the way out to see if that second average time has been registered - hypothesis is it won't be.
  • Do a third run at normal pace so that 1) you beat your quickest single lap time and 2) you beat your average over 3 laps.
    • Go all the way out to see if that average time has been registered - hypothesis is it will be.
I might try that the next time there is a daily rivals pace setter event.

Today is a Breakout at Lydden Hill in a Ford Fiesta Supercar. Lydden Hill is at least one of the more interesting Breakout tracks, since you can actually run multiple laps, drive in different places, and reach and explore different parts of the track within the time limit, unlike some (*ahem* Tuscany,,,), but it's still Breakout, so...meh.

Today is a Hot Lap at Barcelona in the Jaguar XJR-9. Fast race car at a fast race track, so nothing too unusual, but taming the unruly Jag through the technical third sector is rather fun; seems like it either wants to push or get loose in the slow corners, nothing in between, so managing the weight transfer and throttle to keep all the tyres gripping is tricky.

Today is a Hot Lap at Barcelona in the Jaguar XJR-9. Fast race car at a fast race track, so nothing too unusual, but taming the unruly Jag through the technical third sector is rather fun; seems like it either wants to push or get loose in the slow corners, nothing in between, so managing the weight transfer and throttle to keep all the tyres gripping is tricky.

This car was fast and very tricky to drive like you said. You have to manage the weight transfers or the car will get loose. I spun out through the Chicane section a few tries.

This is my best lap. 1:31.999

Today is a Hot Lap at Not-Suzuka (the full layout this time) in the BMW Z4 GT3. Rather tame for a Bimmer, and not a ton of power, being a GT3 car, so at this track it's all about keeping up your momentum through all the fast corners. The Not-Spoon Curve is probably the most important to get just right, as it's basically full throttle from there to the line.

Today is a Pace Setter at Hockenheimring Classic in a Lotus 98T. You'll hit your max speed on the long straights very quickly; tops out at around 290km/h with the air resistance, but you can push it over 300km/h with some judicious use of the rather anachronistic KERS button. (Presumably it's simulating the 100% boost pressure configuration on this car, but it's also a limited resource and it recharges when braking... :confused: Guess it's the only way to reasonably implement that in PC3, since without mechanical damage you can't grenade your engine by running at 100% boost for a few minutes, as would happen in earlier PC games and on the real-life car...) The 98T makes some crazy torque when the revs hit five digits, and it will want to snap the tail around if you happen to be turning at the time, so be careful when accelerating out of the corners.

Last edited:
Back