Daily, weekly and monthly rivals

Presumably it's simulating the 100% boost pressure configuration on this car, but it's also a limited resource and it recharges when braking... :confused:
Air ducts open up while braking causing drag which helps slow the car. But their main function is to force air into holding tanks where it is held under pressure. When you press the button it releases it to boost the airflow into the engine. The tanks quickly empty but then get replenished when you next brake.

Of course I might have just completely made that up. Now I've written it though it actually sounds like a semi plausible idea for the buttons use. :D

Today is a Pace Setter at Hockenheimring Classic in a Lotus 98T. You'll hit your max speed on the long straights very quickly; tops out at around 290km/h with the air resistance, but you can push it over 300km/h with some judicious use of the rather anachronistic KERS button. (Presumably it's simulating the 100% boost pressure configuration on this car, but it's also a limited resource and it recharges when braking... :confused: Guess it's the only way to reasonably implement that in PC3, since without mechanical damage you can't grenade your engine by running at 100% boost for a few minutes, as would happen in earlier PC games and on the real-life car...) The 98T makes some crazy torque when the revs hit five digits, and it will want to snap the tail around if you happen to be turning at the time, so be careful when accelerating out of the corners.

This video is my 9th attempt out of 10. It put me at 12th. I was drained. This event and car combo was so fun to drive. It took alot of practice to tame. I had 1 more attempt and wasn't sure if I could go any faster.
Final attempt I got faster down to 1:48.542
Rank 6

Last edited:

This video is my 9th attempt out of 10. It put me at 12th. I was drained. This event and car combo was so fun to drive. It took alot of practice to tame. I had 1 more attempt and wasn't sure if I could go any faster.
Final attempt I got faster down to 1:48.542
Rank 6

Great run, and yes I agree, great fun and it's easy to run 1.51's all day but any faster is very hard.

I only had two clean runs out of the ten tries, my first which was the first time I'd driven this combo and was just a sighting lap, and the very last which I out of desperation to bank a half decent time I ran a safe set of low 1.51's. Not sure if my time will be good enough for platinum this time as I'm only in by about .4, but jeez it was fun! My face looked like this emoji afterwards :D

Today is a Hot Lap at Road America in the Aston Martin Vantage GT12. Getting the braking just right is key; this fat Aston needs some trail braking to convince it to rotate through all those 90-degree corners, but at the same time you can't brake late or you'll just go flying straight ahead. Managing the understeer through the carousel is also tricky; if the front gets away from you, your lap is done one way or the other.

Today's rival with the Jesko on wet Monze, really shows off the brilliance of PC3's wetter system. First lap is ok, second lap the puddles build up and 3rd lap is a matter of carefully evading water on track.

I only managed to get it right in my last attempt at 2.05 average. Very low. Yes. But with a big smile!

Edit: and it has 9 gears! yes nine!

Last edited:
Today, as Marco said, the daily is a Pace Setter at Monza with the Jesko, in the wet. It's a lot more sure-footed than the Formula X in the rain, so it's not a total Benny Hill routine, but it's still very slippery. Braking early is a must, especially for the first chicane (where you are going Ludicrous Speed); if you overdrive any corner entry the slightest bit, you'll just go sliding straight off the track and ruin your run (and you only have ten attempts, and there are a lot of hard braking zones to screw up in each one...). Lots of puddles to dodge as well; stay off the apexes, keep to the left under the overpass on the backstretch (and be ready to catch a slide anyway, especially as the pond there grows larger each lap), and tiptoe carefully through the esses before the Parabolica. I managed to squeeze out a 1:47.8, so not terrible, but I doubt I can improve it much.

The new Weekly is another wet one, this time a Hot Lap at the full Brands Hatch GP course in a Mercedes-AMG GT3. The AMG is fairly tame, but heavy and prone to understeer, though it can also spin the rears a bit in the wet. The puddles are your biggest enemy here, but there aren't too many of them; the only really problematic one is on the inside curb at Clark. Take that last corner wide or else you'll end up pointing in the wrong direction for sure.

I’m so proud of getting a gold rank in my first attempt in Brands Hatch. Then again, I have driven that track so many times in so many other games... she is a good old friend. And besides the rain here is no match for the killer puddles in Forza Motorsport 6!
As for the Jesko in Monza... It’s a DNF. The car is just a gimmick, TBH.

Last edited:
As for the Jesko in Monza... It’s a DNF. The car is just a gimmick, TBH.
I would have DNF'ed as well but I put in a banker with TC on low. It kinda felt like cheating but it saved me in the end.

My non TC laps were far quicker and on my last go I'd set two near on flat 1.43's but on the third lap I binned it through the esses before the Parabolica. But still, it was a real hoot to slide around and I gotta say that I'm loving the LiveTrack :)

Did anyone else have no ghosts at all? It would make sense to disable them under those conditions but being new to the game I don't know what's what yet.

Last edited:
Did anyone else have no ghosts at all?
Occasionally the area on the main load screen that's usually got the names of your next 3 rivals remains blank. If you press race when it's blank then you'll be on track by yourself. It's a glitch that you can make use of! It's sort of random but sometimes I can make it happen by going into the leaderboard and backing out again.

with TC on low. It kinda felt like cheating
That's ingrained thinking from GT. Nothing wrong with using a bit of TC. :)

Today is a Hot Lap at Laguna Seca in the Audi V8 quattro DTM. This one's deceptively tricky; it's not easy to find the right balance to get the quattro to rotate well through those fast corners without losing too much speed (or rotating too much and losing traction). You have 30 tries to get it right, though, so there's plenty of room for experimentation.

I would have DNF'ed as well but I put in a banker with TC on low. It kinda felt like cheating but it saved me in the end.

My non TC laps were far quicker and on my last go I'd set two near on flat 1.43's but on the third lap I binned it through the esses before the Parabolica. But still, it was a real hoot to slide around and I gotta say that I'm loving the LiveTrack :)

Did anyone else have no ghosts at all? It would make sense to disable them under those conditions but being new to the game I don't know what's what yet.

Monza in the ️ rain was a hoot haha. The 3rd lap of the pace setter got very interesting underneath this bridge. It caught me off guard during practice. I'm loving the real-time weather effects, it forces you to lookout for puddles and change your lines.

I worked hard on this one to get platinum, but it wasn't easy. With only 10 attempts I burned through the first 2 without a banker yet. I had to learn where the puddles appeared later in the laps. Fun and challenging Rivals event.

Monza in the ️ rain was a hoot haha. The 3rd lap of the pace setter got very interesting underneath this bridge. It caught me off guard during practice. I'm loving the real-time weather effects, it forces you to lookout for puddles and change your lines.
I soon learned you could go flat out on lap 3 by sticking to the left under the bridge after a couple spins just like yours in your video. It turned that nearly straight section into a move to the right to avoid the puddle on the inside kerb, back to the left under the bridge, then back to the right to brake section. :crazy:

@IfAndOr It feels more like I'm cheating myself with my non-use of TC because I like the added challenge it brings but with only having 10 tries it's a bit different. It was just a bit disappointing that I was so much faster without TC but couldn't put all three laps together...but I'm probably far from the only one with that issue :lol:. I have no problems at all with what assists other people use in any game. :)

Last edited:
Today is a Hot Lap at Watkins Glen International GP in a Porsche 911 GT1-98 LMP GT car. Nothing too exciting; the car is quite tame and neutral overall (though it can get a little loose accelerating off tighter corners, particularly at the exit of the boot). Just find the limits and hit your marks to get a good lap. Don't be afraid to use the curbs, especially in the bus stop.

no breakout this week?
You may have missed it. Yesterday's rivals was Brazil Smash Attack Breakout event.

For someone like me that's only a few weeks in to this game it was a damn good money spinner too!

And apologies for all the newb questions but are there supposed to be ghosts for the Breakout events? I ask because the three scores show on the bottom right with + or - after the run like the times do in other events.

Today is a Hot Lap at Watkins Glen International GP in a Porsche 911 GT1-98 LMP GT car. Nothing too exciting; the car is quite tame and neutral overall (though it can get a little loose accelerating off tighter corners, particularly at the exit of the boot). Just find the limits and hit your marks to get a good lap. Don't be afraid to use the curbs, especially in the bus stop.

The Porsche drives good. I like how it handles.
I got down to a 1:32.676

Jump to the 12:00 mark to see the PB

Today is a Hot Lap at Mugello in the Ferrari F355 Challenge. This car is on rails and Mugello isn't a particularly difficult track, just fairly long with lots of turns, so it's a game of shaving off those crucial hundredths and thousandths of a second by getting each corner just perfect.

Watching your videos. You appear to be fast on track and in sims. Should I wait for a PS5

For me, PC3 translates well to fast driving, I am driving in PC3 with techniques I do instinctively in real life. I don't have to learn the game's physics to be fast in PC3, the road cars that I have driven in real-life drive and feel realistic and natural to me. I recommend one plays with a good ffb wheel.
Regarding PS5, I'm playing on a PS4 at the moment.
Did you mean to ask if you should get PC3? If that is the question I would say YES. I have clocked in so many hours playing this now and enjoy this Rivals mode the most.

For me, PC3 translates well to fast driving, I am driving in PC3 with techniques I do instinctively in real life. I don't have to learn the game's physics to be fast in PC3, the road cars that I have driven in real-life drive and feel realistic and natural to me. I recommend one plays with a good ffb wheel.
Regarding PS5, I'm playing on a PS4 at the moment.
Did you mean to ask if you should get PC3? If that is the question I would say YES. I have clocked in so many hours playing this now and enjoy this Rivals mode the most.

I wanted a PS5 for the now delayed GT7. I watched some of your videos and Project CARS 3 looked interesting. The response regarding the game physics is a plus. I was reading posts about performance problems on PS4.

I wanted a PS5 for the now delayed GT7. I watched some of your videos and Project CARS 3 looked interesting. The response regarding the game physics is a plus. I was reading posts about performance problems on PS4.

I have it on the PS4 Pro and it runs very well. Not as well as on the PS5 obviously buts perfectly fine.
It's well worth a punt, it's great fun with a wheel.

Today is a Hot Lap at Mugello in the Ferrari F355 Challenge. This car is on rails and Mugello isn't a particularly difficult track, just fairly long with lots of turns, so it's a game of shaving off those crucial hundredths and thousandths of a second by getting each corner just perfect.

I like the high speed corners of turns 6,7,8,9.

Today is a Hot Lap at Porsche Leipzig Dynamic in the KTM X-Bow R. This is a fun car to throw around this evil, evil track, for sure; lots of terrifying tight blind off-camber uphill and downhill corners and a couple carousels (the trip around the skid pad and the 'Ring carousel) to test the little X-Bow's limits.

Today's Daily event is a Pace Setter at the Daytona oval in a Watson Roadster. This is really, really difficult with a controller; it requires absolute precision, as the slightest bit too much steering will break the rear loose or hit the apron, and the slightest bit too little will put you into the wall. Watch the transition off the banking onto the backstretch especially; the car suddenly stops turning as the banking flattens out coming out of turn two. (Oddly the tri-oval is the easiest bit; the car's very stable through there...)

The new Weekly event is a Pace Setter at Shangai Henan Loop in a Ford GT LM GTE. Pretty stable car, with just a bit of oversteer on exit, but the suspension is a bit tight for this track and it really doesn't like the bumps, especially that pavement transition by the river; watch your speed through that section, because the big bump entering the waterfront will just fling you into the railing if you take it too fast, even if you think you've got the right angle.

Today is a Hot Lap at Silverstone GP in the Audi R18 LMP. It takes a bit to get used to just how fast this beast can corner; I almost drove off to the inside of more than one corner on my first attempt. Just know that there is an eventual limit to your adhesion, and when you find it, you'll take off like a CLR at Le Mans. It also has some rather wicked lift-off oversteer when it's loaded, so be careful where you breathe the throttle. Don't forget to use that boost button as well!

Back