Daily, weekly and monthly rivals

Almost had yi. Only 63 hundredths away. :cheers:
I thought that was you I was seeing near the top of quite a few Rivals events. You've picked up a lot of pace since the Quick Match/GT6 days mate. Great job đź‘Ť

Today (rather belatedly) is a Hot Lap at Road America in a BMW M6 GT3. Nothing unusual, just a standard GT car. You should be able to take turn 7, the Kink, and turn 13 at full throttle for the most part; other than that, it's just about getting the braking right for the rest of the corners to maximise your exit speeds and keep that momentum up.

I thought that was you I was seeing near the top of quite a few Rivals events. You've picked up a lot of pace since the Quick Match/GT6 days mate. Great job đź‘Ť

Hi mate. The old quick match/GT6 days seem a long time ago eh? Rather enjoying the rivals on PC3, when the car/track combo suits me. :lol: Have to look out for you.

Hi mate. The old quick match/GT6 days seem a long time ago eh? Rather enjoying the rivals on PC3, when the car/track combo suits me. :lol: Have to look out for you.
Yep, a long long time ago :lol:. It's great to see some of the old group are still around đź‘Ť

I'm not using my old THC_gtmic profile atm (I save that one for use with my wheel) so keep an eye out for GT-MIC. I did every Rivals last month just to see if I could platinum every event (and succeeded :D) but I'll only be doing the odd one here and there from now on. And yeah, some of the events are great fun! đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Yep, a long long time ago :lol:. It's great to see some of the old group are still around đź‘Ť

I'm not using my old THC_gtmic profile atm (I save that one for use with my wheel) so keep an eye out for GT-MIC. I did every Rivals last month just to see if I could platinum every event (and succeeded :D) but I'll only be doing the odd one here and there from now on. And yeah, some of the events are great fun! đź‘Ť

GT-MIC, will keep a look out for that. Well done on doing a whole month of rivals and platinuming the lot. Been meaning to try & do a whole month but a nasty hangover scuppered that idea. :lol:

Today (rather belatedly) is a Hot Lap at Road America in a BMW M6 GT3. Nothing unusual, just a standard GT car. You should be able to take turn 7, the Kink, and turn 13 at full throttle for the most part; other than that, it's just about getting the braking right for the rest of the corners to maximise your exit speeds and keep that momentum up.

"Nothing unusual" good description, as I'd expect from a GT3 racecar with downforce. Easy to drive but hard to lay down the fast laps. So many competitors in the 2:07.xxx times on the first page, the competition was tight. I was averaging 2:07.7s for a while. Here is my final attempt.

2:07.147

"Nothing unusual" good description, as I'd expect from a GT3 racecar with downforce. Easy to drive but hard to lay down the fast laps. So many competitors in the 2:07.xxx times on the first page, the competition was tight. I was averaging 2:07.7s for a while. Here is my final attempt.

2:07.147

Cracking lap mate, on the ragged edge. Looks a lot of fun with the wheel. You seem very calm after a blast. I'm a bag of nerves usually.

The Neigh part of my handle is a phonetic way of saying 'ney' as in Sid_Ney, because every site I've ever joined has a Sid or Sidney before I get there. I know, it's silly. :lol:

Anyway, my very last attempt in the wee small hours... I'm afraid to say I got into the :06s by the skin of my teeth. You can seek terrible revenge on me in the upcoming week bud. :lol::cheers:

Cracking lap mate, on the ragged edge. Looks a lot of fun with the wheel. You seem very calm after a blast. I'm a bag of nerves usually.

Same to you buddy, getting a 2:07 lap here definitely rattles the nerves. Appeared calm but not I was on the edge, my muscles tense trying to drive the car on the limits, eyes focused and my heart rate was up. You should of seen the other attempts, the fails from pushing too hard, I was sweating. Rivals is intense.

Well, if yesterday's was nothing unusual, today's is the opposite; a Hot Lap at the Hockenheimring short course in a Super Truck. Lots of fun flinging this unruly beast around the tight bends here.

It was the opposite to make sure we had good rest for this one. The Super Truck is very loose yet fun, and with a wheel it is a workout on the arms.

My Best was a 1:09.841

Today is a Pace Setter at the Club layout of Cadwell Park in a Caterham SP/300.R. The Club layout leaves off some of the trickiest bits of Cadwell, and the Caterham is very easy to handle (though you can slide the rear a bit with some trail braking), so it takes on the bumpy twisty track pretty well, but it's still exciting to drive it on the edge and nail those corners perfectly.

Today is a Hot Lap at Fuji in a Formula B. Keeping it smooth through the slow and technical final sector where you don't have the downforce to keep this light little formula car planted is the key to a fast lap here. In the faster sections, you just need to avoid overdriving the hard braking zones, as the car gets very loose when braking and you'll lose time if your rear tyres are sliding all over the place while you're trying to get the power down.

Today is a Breakout at Tuscany in a Mustang^H^H^H^H^H^H^HSupra, so it's totally new and different! :dopey:

Actually you can choose any Road D car for this one.

...fingers crossed I'll stay here :drool:

14-04-2021_18-58-28-hrrekiyl.png

Last edited:
Today is classic Lotus day. The new Daily is a Hot Lap at Monza Historic in a Lotus Type 49C. Don't let the stubby wings fool you; they don't provide much downforce, and it definitely likes to hang the tail out if you give it too much wheel in the high-speed corners. The Parabolica is especially tricky to get right; you can think everything is good midway through the corner and then suddenly you're heading into the grass before you know it. The backstretch kink before the Parabolica can be done at full throttle, but watch your angle so you don't scrub off speed by sliding the back end. You can use the paved shoulders on the exits of the second and third turns to carry a bit more speed through them without invalidating your time, so make use of that.

The new Weekly is a Hot Lap at Road America in a Lotus Type 98T. Lots more downforce on this one, but watch for that brutal kick at the top of the revs in each gear; it'll snap you sideways if you aren't ready for it, which can make some of the slower corners tricky, especially in the technical final sector. Your limited unrestricted turbo boost is best used on the long stretches right about the time you first hit fifth gear to push you up to 300km/h or so. The curbs also upset this car pretty badly, so try to stay off them as much as you can.

Today is a Pace Setter at Ruapna Park GP in a Porsche 911 RSR GT car. I have literally never run this particular track layout before, so that took quite a few tries to get something approaching a not-completely-awful run. Be especially careful on the hairpin, as the exit is much tighter than it looks and it's very easy to exceed the track limits there and ruin a good set of laps. Otherwise the 911 is a reasonably balanced GT car, so it's not too tricky.

Today is classic Lotus day. The new Daily is a Hot Lap at Monza Historic in a Lotus Type 49C. Don't let the stubby wings fool you; they don't provide much downforce, and it definitely likes to hang the tail out if you give it too much wheel in the high-speed corners. The Parabolica is especially tricky to get right; you can think everything is good midway through the corner and then suddenly you're heading into the grass before you know it. The backstretch kink before the Parabolica can be done at full throttle, but watch your angle so you don't scrub off speed by sliding the back end. You can use the paved shoulders on the exits of the second and third turns to carry a bit more speed through them without invalidating your time, so make use of that.

Rivals Monza GP Historic Lotus Type 49C Cosworth. I like the sensation of grip the ffb provided driving this car. The high speed left I lift just slightly to keep it under control for the fast line through. I've done it flat out but I think that makes the rear get too loose. It was fun to drive on the limits.
On my final attempt I got 1:27.369

Today is a Hot Lap at Barcelona in a BMW Z4 GT3. Fun little GT car; it can get a bit slippery in the slow third sector, or when trail braking or hitting the curbs, but it's still very controllable. Pretty tame event overall, but Barcelona's a fun track with a good variety of turns to keep things interesting.

Today is a Hot Lap at Monaco in the McLaren 720S GT3. Monaco's never a comfortable circuit, but it's always an exciting one. The 720S, being a McLaren, tends to understeer and it can be tricky to get it through all those tight corners and chicanes. Being precise and figuring out just how far you can push the track limits through the Nouvelle Chicane (watch those sausage curbs, though!) can get you a fast time.

Today is a Pace Setter at Sugoland GP in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS road car. Great car and track combo, as the event name suggests! The Porsche is a lot of fun to throw around the turns here. One thing to watch out for; unlike most events, this one starts you off at a higher speed than you'll likely be going on your subsequent laps, and also in 6th gear instead of 5th, so you'll want to brake a bit earlier than normal instead of later for that first turn on the first lap. I didn't realise what the deal was until after I ended up backwards in the first turn gravel on each of my first two attempts... :dopey:

Today is a Pace Setter at Sugoland GP in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS road car. Great car and track combo, as the event name suggests! The Porsche is a lot of fun to throw around the turns here. One thing to watch out for; unlike most events, this one starts you off at a higher speed than you'll likely be going on your subsequent laps, and also in 6th gear instead of 5th, so you'll want to brake a bit earlier than normal instead of later for that first turn on the first lap. I didn't realise what the deal was until after I ended up backwards in the first turn gravel on each of my first two attempts... :dopey:

I did a 1:24.773, for Rank 4 on the PSN
Here are a couple of failed attempts and then the best attempt begins at 6:50.

Today is a Hot Lap at Rouen les Essarts Historic Short in a lovely Aston Martin DBR1/300. This car is not an easy drive; it has so little grip, and the back end is just waiting for any opportunity to take point and lead the way. Driving too fast? Spin. Slow? Spin. You are braking too late, spin, right away. Too much steering? Believe it or not, spin. Too little steering, also spin. You even think about considering the idea of possibly conceiving of the hypothetical notion of potentially coming anywhere close to the edge of the track? Believe it or not, spin, right away. Once you figure out how to be gentle with her, though, she's a fun ride... ;)

Today is a Hot Lap at Rouen les Essarts Historic Short in a lovely Aston Martin DBR1/300. This car is not an easy drive; it has so little grip, and the back end is just waiting for any opportunity to take point and lead the way. Driving too fast? Spin. Slow? Spin. You are braking too late, spin, right away. Too much steering? Believe it or not, spin. Too little steering, also spin. You even think about considering the idea of possibly conceiving of the hypothetical notion of potentially coming anywhere close to the edge of the track? Believe it or not, spin, right away. Once you figure out how to be gentle with her, though, she's a fun ride... ;)
This was one the coolest track/car combinations! So much fun. Managed to take rank 24 on psn.

Today's Daily event is a Hot Lap at Tuscany Salketti Vineyards in a race-modified R34 Skyline. This is a very fast track in this car, but you have to be really careful about the track limits; more than two wheels on the shoulder at any point will disqualify you.

The new Weekly event is a Hot Lap at Fuji in a Group C car of your choice. Bit early to say whether any has a definitive advantage, but I think they all can be competitive except the Nissan GTP, which is badly hampered on Fuji's long frontstretch by its lower top speed and poor acceleration in the higher gears.

Today's Daily event is a Hot Lap at Tuscany Salketti Vineyards in a race-modified R34 Skyline. This is a very fast track in this car, but you have to be really careful about the track limits; more than two wheels on the shoulder at any point will disqualify you.

The tracks limits were indeed tricky. I got hit with a few penalties on the apex and on track out.

I was able to nail a 1:11 with a track limit penalty. Overall this course and car combo was fun a compete in. I ended with a 1:12.298. Well done IfAndOr, AMRM_06, and Savoury69 for the wheel representatives on the front page.

Last edited:
The tracks limits were indeed tricky. I got hit with a few penalties on the apex and on track out.

I was able to nail a 1:11 with a track limit penalty. Overall this course and car combo was fun a compete in. I ended with a 1:12.298. Well done IfAndOr, AMRM_06, and Savoury69 for the wheel representatives on the front page.

Well done folks for getting into the 1:12s. Only managed a 1:13.5 something I think. So many laps disqualified.
Could keep up until the top of the course but couldn't figure out how everybody maintained so much speed through that left turn to head back down hill. That's where most of my penalties were incurred.

Damn weird sounding car.

Today is a Pace Setter at Brno in an Aston Martin Vulcan AMR Pro. Managing the understeer and wheelspin and keeping it smooth through all the sweeping turns here is the key.

Well done IfAndOr,
Yeah go wheel users. :P

I haven't had chance to spend much time with PC3 lately but yesterday I refitted my progressive brake spring and adjusted the angle of my peddle box so I thought I'd use Rivals to try out these mods. Seems to have worked! Well at least for that combo anyway.

Damn weird sounding car.
I think there's something loose under the bonnet. :)

Back