Dakar Desert Rally (PS4, PS5, XOne, XSX, PC) - Release date 2022

• Thread starter er185es
  • 284 comments
Spain
Spain
Over 30 stages of full rally racing from the official 2020 and 2021 Dakar Rally races with officially licensed vehicles, teams and pilots across multiplayer and single-player modes.
Collect and drive +150 vehicles from 5 different categories: Cars, Bikes, Trucks, Quads, and SSVs.
Compete at high speeds across extreme and vast open-world environments of Saudi Arabia in some of the most challenging and demanding events on the motorsports calendar.
Dakar Desert Rally features all four seasons and a full day-night cycle. Whether facing billowing sandstorms, blazing desert sunlight, grueling rain and snow, or deep mud, you’ll need to overcome the elements and your competition to win.
Drive Road Books inspired by the authentic Road Books from Dakar 2020 and 2021 editions, and more arcade road books on Sport mode.
Evolve your Rally Raid career in single-player or compete in online multiplayer events with your friends.

https://www.dakarthegame.com/en/

Last edited:
ss_3632188ac13404ca25ffbec68bae0ed6f6201edf.1920x1080.jpg
ss_68c18fc26936f256c5b535807874fa7b7cce43c2.1920x1080.jpg
ss_080177a90ea59bf50b2ddb4148e46db184642952.1920x1080.jpg
ss_6acafd0c62998a0705ab2e2177b305e67ae814b4.1920x1080.jpg

I cannot wait to get my hands on Dakar Desert Rally on PS5. It is an incredible event and one of the absolute biggest of the year for me. I still play Dakar 18 occasionally too.

Anzu Becomes Exclusive In-Game AdTech Provider for Saber Interactive’s Upcoming Dakar Desert Rally
Anzu is helping the team replicate that; advertisers will be able to run their banner and video ads within Anzu’s in-game ad placements, which will take the form of 3D objects like roadside billboards and banners. They will also be able to take advantage of a variety of custom integration options, including custom vehicles which can be painted with brand colors, logos, and even have the driver wear a custom uniform. There are also options for roadside flags that can be branded with a product logo and different colors, and garage takeovers, where brands can add custom wall banners and items to decorate the building.
https://newsupdate.uk/anzu-becomes-...ber-interactives-upcoming-dakar-desert-rally/

Looks like the artwork on the cover has been changed to replace the Kamaz with Macik's Iveco. Presumably the Maz is gone from the game too, totally understandable since they're both linked to the government in Belarus and Russia but the truck class might be a bit sparse.

That aside I'm really excited for this game, I might even reinstall the original tonight to tire me over for a month!

Looks like the artwork on the cover has been changed to replace the Kamaz with Macik's Iveco. Presumably the Maz is gone from the game too, totally understandable since they're both linked to the government in Belarus and Russia but the truck class might be a bit sparse.

That aside I'm really excited for this game, I might even reinstall the original tonight to tire me over for a month!
Maz and Kamaz will be in the game based on the driver list.

I wonder who buys all these racing games like Dakar, MotoGP, Ride, etc? Even big name racers don't sell that much, how are these smaller devs keeping the lights on? You never hear anyone discuss these games in the real world or online, and yet they're still getting made yearly. Maybe a money laundering scheme that manages to stay low profile. Because who really buys and plays this?

If they've worked on the route navigation a bit I'd be prepared to give this a go. Dakar '18 was fun (until you got lost), and the clutch implementation on wheels was actually pretty good for getting out of deep sand. Some of the stages are a proper workout.

I wonder who buys all these racing games like Dakar, MotoGP, Ride, etc? Even big name racers don't sell that much, how are these smaller devs keeping the lights on? You never hear anyone discuss these games in the real world or online, and yet they're still getting made yearly. Maybe a money laundering scheme that manages to stay low profile. Because who really buys and plays this?
I wonder the same. I imagine there's a fair bit of sponsorships going on, I guess the saudis could throw some money after a Dakar game.

From what I remember they got the devs that worked on Mudrunner/Snowrunner to make this iteration of the Dakar game. So going off the trailer and from what I've played of Mudrunner I imagine the physics will be the same which is a plus. I wonder how they'll handle the actual racing though?

I wonder the same. I imagine there's a fair bit of sponsorships going on, I guess the saudis could throw some money after a Dakar game.
I think you both underestimate how popular rally raid is in some parts of the world, I don't think anybody buying is expecting it to be a perfect game but neither was the original. It was a bit broken but still really good fun to play, a tidied up version of that will be perfect to me

This is not a game for gamers/simracers but more for the fans of the sport. I'll be buying even without the Saudi government paying me to.

Back