Damn UFO noise.

• Thread starter GTO_VR4
  • 18 comments
United States
Earth
Ok I know about mixing NA with Turbo causing that "ufo" noise. I also read that switching exhaust would get rid of it.

I have a mitsu pajero with a speed 12 engine in it, its got like 2000+ HP on it and i love the way it drives. but that ufo noise is a pain.

Is there anyway to get rid of this noise without installing another engine?

Ok I know about mixing NA with Turbo causing that "ufo" noise. I also read that switching exhaust would get rid of it.

I have a mitsu pajero with a speed 12 engine in it, its got like 2000+ HP on it and i love the way it drives. but that ufo noise is a pain.

Can you post your car data please? I might be able to fix it...

lol i was messing around with the codes and lost that engine code(deleted). I would post some vids but im on a real slow connection (dailup)

Is it possible to put a turbo engine on a NA and NOT get that ufo noise?

I know that you can put turbo's on NA engine's, but I don't know
about NA tuneup's on turbo engine's as I have never tried it.
I will give it a try tomorrow and tell you what I have found.

Edit:

Ok here is what I have found. I have put NA tuneups on some
cars that come with turbos stock and I have found that the
cars have no problems with the sound. Here are the cars I tried.

Nissan Skyline R34
Mazda RX-7
RUF CTR2 Sport
Audi S3
Fiat Turbo Coupe
3000GT VR-4
Storia X4
W8 Twin Turbo

I tried all cars stock, then with the biggest turbo upgrade,
then with racing exhuast and the turbo. I had no problems
with any of the cars, and they made good horsepower too:).

This is the engine code im using

801ccfcc xxxx

lets say i buy a turbocharged car and install all upgrades then slap this engine in it:

Code=0052 Car=Corvette ZR-1 ’95 HP=405

ill probably get about 600-700Hp but with that flute\ufo noise.

I also have a HP modifier basecode which is the same as the engine code (801ccfcc xxxx) but I dont know what any values but did a test with code 801ccfcc 5500. the car will have 20,000HP but its undrivable. the rpm goes fubar and wont rev.

Ok but what car do you use as the base, because some turbo's won't work
with all NA engine's. I have found this problem when making NA engine's
turbocharged. And I see you are using code for ver's 1.0. I will try to see
if I can find a turbo that works with that engine and get back with the codes.

You need to have the exhaust/muffler code from the same car you got the engine! that way i've got rid of the ufo noise, but report me if it doesn't work

Ok I have tried many different code combos and I have found a set of codes
that make the car have little or no funny sound, here are the code for ver 1.0 of GT2.

801ccfcc 0052-engine
801ccfde 004A-port & polish
801ccfe0 004A-engine balance
801ccfe4 004A-rom
801ccfe8 00B4-turbo
801ccff0 00DC-exhaust
801cd014 006E-turbo blow off
801cd016 1004-turbo boost gauge

Now this engine does not have the ufo sound to it, but it does not sound
like the normal car. You will have some turbo sound but not alot. I hope this help's.

Edit:
Also this is how much horsepower the car will have.

HP-866hp @ 6600rpm's
Ft-lb-725lb-ft @ 5600rpm's

Try putting the stock exhaust on the car, There are plenty of cars in gt2 that don't like high HP when combining a Turbo and NA Tune.

Apologies for bumping a month-old thread, but this board's fairly slow anyway.

To completely avoid the UFO noise, remember these 'rules':
-If you are fitting a N/A engine to a stock turbo car, remember to REMOVE the turbo kit 'stage 0' that it comes with, and preferably set the boost to zero for tidiness.
-If you are fitting a turbo engine to a N/A car, remember to ADD a 'stage 0' turbo kit, from any stock turbo car. If you want the car to appear naturally aspirated, leave the boost values at zero to hide the gauge (note that the game will still class the car as turbo, as it has a turbo kit equipped). Otherwise, take the boost values from the car you got the engine from.
-If you want to turbo a N/A motor, make sure it can be turboed normally. For example, I recently created a turbo Camaro. The Camaro's V8 cannot be turboed, thus fitting a turbo kit will produce the dreaded whistle. Instead, I swapped it for the Vector W8's engine, which already comes with a turbo, and thus solves the sound problem. On the other hand, fitting a N/A Golf V6 to a VW Polo then turboing that works fine, as you can buy a turbo for the Golf V6.
-Similarly, unless the donor car can equip one, don't fit a race exhaust to your swap. However, an engine that only ever comes with a race exhaust, ie. an Opel Tigra Ice Racer's V6, will work without a race exhaust fitted in a swap.

If anyone wants example hybrids to test the above, I can provide part codes.

Also, don't apply NA and Turbo upgrades to the same car; you'll get the power upgrades, but you'll also need to press the mute button.

by the way, if you tune a MazdaSpeed Demio (the prize car) in GT2, you'll get some idea of what the "UFO" noise sounds like. It's obnoxious after a lap or two.

I think this is the first hybrid question I've answered in 5 years.

Latest Posts

Back