Daytona 24H Time Trial - Can you beat my time?

India
India
AfraidRacer
AfraidRacer17
Hey everyone, I thought of setting up a quick TT in celebration of the Daytona 24 Hours.

Car: Porsche 919 Hybrid, Stock, RM tyres.
Track: Blue Moon Bay Infield A
Can you beat my lap time of a 58.567?

You have 7 days to submit your time, I’ll make an update video with a Top 10 leaderboard in one week.
As for track limits, they don't need to be enforced because there are walls and grass present. You may cut the kerbs.
Of course, this doesn't need to be said, but be fair to yourself and follow the rules.

Good luck!

If you want to see my lap, here it is:

Last edited:
What game mode did you set the lap in? It makes a difference to the physics.
TT mode, that’s the simplest way to do it.
Challenge accepted. I'm assuming single player time trial, shortcut penalties on strong, and just the default time of day for that track?
Single player TT, no shortcut pens. The walls and grass will stop you, but you can cut the kerbs if you want.
i really wished that we got a daytona update for gt sport, with night racing and wet too
That would be quite something. I’m just glad it’s coming in GT7!

Last edited:
RM tyres.

Didn’t even realize I had Hards on when I did that lap. Sub 58 could be easy to do then.

As for track limits, they don't need to be enforced because there are walls and grass present. You may cut the kerbs.
Of course, this doesn't need to be said, but be fair to yourself and follow the rules.

Outside of the final corner which is the make or break of a fast lap, not much time can really can gained.

Now to figure out a consistent line for T1.

Tried a couple laps tonight, I think a 56 is possible, gonna try again tomorrow. Fun combo! 👍

76B74337-79A8-4061-B72F-066292269787.jpeg

I got a bit excited in that I thought the next update came with Daytona...
That might technically be true, I don't think we'll get any more content updates on GTS so the next update could be GT7, which comes with... Daytona and millions of kei cars you've never heard of but like anyway :gtpflag::bowdown:

Honestly I feel like PD really switching up the combos with softer tires and throwing in some strategy play is cool. I might not race it, but putting Gr4 on something tiny like Tsukuba is a real wild card. Gr3 with Softs? Oh yeah. So I'm glad to see things changing up.

Having fun plugging around the mountain trying to get my consistency up. Had some messy, but innocent messy races and inky 1 actual troll. So a good start to the week helps me know I am not the only one struggling there

Really good combo 👍
57.086 my best time. Had also .079, but disqualified it because I cut the last tight left too much. :lol:

Nice! Track limits won’t be enforced, you can cut the kerbs if you want. And yeah, this was really fun to do!
Tried a couple laps tonight, I think a 56 is possible, gonna try again tomorrow. Fun combo! 👍

View attachment 988825
Cool, thanks!
That might technically be true, I don't think we'll get any more content updates on GTS so the next update could be GT7, which comes with... Daytona and millions of kei cars you've never heard of but like anyway :gtpflag::bowdown:
Haha, nice. We’ll probably not get any more updates, BOP or otherwise, if the GT7 in 2nd half of 2021 are true.
Honestly I feel like PD really switching up the combos with softer tires and throwing in some strategy play is cool. I might not race it, but putting Gr4 on something tiny like Tsukuba is a real wild card. Gr3 with Softs? Oh yeah. So I'm glad to see things changing up.

Having fun plugging around the mountain trying to get my consistency up. Had some messy, but innocent messy races and inky 1 actual troll. So a good start to the week helps me know I am not the only one struggling there
I think you’re in the wrong thread mate ;P
But yeah, I’m always happy to see softer compounds. Tsukuba has also become one of my favourite circuits to hotlap, I haven’t done any races there yet but I’ll do a few on the alt.
I got a mid 57 lap. Will post up to YT in the morning.

Just like when I spent last week logging races at Daytona in PC2, I cannot nail that long first corner here either.
Nice one, that first corner is hell!

57.5. All I can do. I can get consistently into the 57.6s, but I just don’t like the Porsche at all. The way they integrated the hybrid boost into that and even worse in the Audi just makes for an unenjoyable drive. If not for that, the Porsche handles lovely and is perfect for a track like BMB.

Leaderboard:
sdi_03 - 56.731
ROCKET JOE - 56.910
HaydenFan69 - 56.917
watto79 - 56.983
Pigems - 57.289
kowalski_1 - 58.543
AfraidRacer - 58.567
OJBrit - 58.716
Timm Sheehan - 1:00.445
——————————————————————
Sub 57, and still hit the wall at the end of penultimate corner.

Last edited:
Leaderboard:
sdi_03 - 56.731
ROCKET JOE - 56.910
HaydenFan69 - 56.917
watto79 - 56.983
Pigems - 57.289
kowalski_1 - 58.543
AfraidRacer - 58.567
OJBrit - 58.716
Timm Sheehan - 1:00.445
——————————————————————
Sub 57, and still hit the wall at the end of penultimate corner.

I’ve been seeing low 55’s on Discord!!!!
:eek:

Back