Daytona 24H Time Trial - Can you beat my time?

First attempt / motion steering

granturismosport_202184k2j.jpg

Definitely a 56 there with better exits out of the hairpin and double left-hander.

Low 55s? :eek:

Knocked half a second off my time. Still struggling with my final sector. I didn't even know I had set a new fastest lap as I was pushing for a 57.
20210204_183516.jpg

It's really irked me that I have 2 entries for the Porsche. Why can't it overwrite?

Knocked half a second off my time. Still struggling with my final sector. I didn't even know I had set a new fastest lap as I was pushing for a 57.
View attachment 989438

It's really irked me that I have 2 entries for the Porsche. Why can't it overwrite?
I think it counts as a new leaderboard entry every time you enter the time trial. You can delete individual times :cool:

Last edited:
I think it counts as a new leaderboard entry every time you enter the time trial. You can't delete individual times either.

Yeah, you can exit the track and re enter and it will overwrite, but once you exit the time trial back to the main menu and go back in, it won’t overwrite.

You can delete individual times though, just click on them and it gives and option to delete time, or clear whole leaderboard. 👍

Edit:

Last edited:
Yeah, you can exit the track and re enter and it will overwrite, but once you exit the time trial back to the main menu and go back in, it won’t overwrite.

You can delete individual times though, just click on them and it gives and option to delete time, or clear whole leaderboard. 👍

Edit:

Cool, I haven't tried since GT4. Good feature 👍

You can always delete the 2nd entry (by clicking triangle on it on the leaderboard)

I think it counts as a new leaderboard entry every time you enter the time trial. You can delete individual times :cool:

Edit:

Good to know. My desk at work may be messy but this I like to keep neat. Thanks all.

The time trial ends on this Sunday, so if you want to get any more laps in, now’s the chance. The top time currently is a 55.2 I believe.

Never really considered myself much of a hot lapper but I decided to give this one a go. I reckon I left about 0.020 in turn four but a 56.427 was the best I could get with the available time. I am content with the lap especially since I never really bothered too much with the prototypes on GT Sport.

@sdi_03 @Pigems It is a very fast time, I have clarified the rules and he is using RM tires and no tuning. This is the screenshot he shared.
DC79164A-A5BF-4E83-922B-E0740D9603FA.jpeg

Best to give the benefit of the doubt for now, I will ask him to upload a lap.
Dude also has multiple SnowRunner WRs.
Another guy got into low 55s too.

@Bambi @mohitraina91 Good laps, noted.

If you have enjoyed this Time Trial, please consider supporting my channel by subscribing or sharing the vids, I’m working really hard to grow the channel!

Wait, so you can tune the brake balance or not?

I been using the default 0 but they have it on -5, utilizing this on the fly BB I can break into mid 56s.
Yeah I don't see any problem with that.
I believe I used + or - 2, don't remember.

Can we get a vote for whether you guys want this TT to be extended for another week? I'm ok with either.

Last edited:
Damn it this TT is so damn hard!
Down to a 57.689 now, I keep messing up the final corner and T3. I’ve done almost 20 laps by now.
I’m using BB +5 for most of the lap and +2 for the hairpin.
It’s so frustrating and addictive at the same time lol.

Found another tenth, it's a .7 now. :D Still too slow through turn 1 though.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210207231313.jpg

@Bambi
Great job, great comparison.
Do we know when NIN165 did that 55 lap ? Appears to me that's been completely different circumstances, different physics or whatever else ...
Regarding the power curve / shift points, I had the impression too shifting at 7800 rpm is quicker.

And now ... SUPERBOWL. :cheers:

@Pigems Sadly not, only options are timing info and camera settings - it's not like online lobbies where weight and power information is visible - but I'd love to be proven wrong, if you can show me how.

I have actually looked at his replay several times, and sincerely doubt he's running stock - this guy has been playing for over 600 days and is still in the low B's (DR 13636) and his qualifying history is nothing to brag about.

Or could it be a controller vs. wheel thing? @GT5Power mentioned how he prefer using a controller instead of his wheel in high down-force cars because of extra traction available.

Back