"De-tuning" an S2000 LM - How?

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 9 comments

Cap'n Jack

Premium
Australia
South of the South
GoldMineGutted
Alright, I'd like to know how I would go about trying to de-tune the S2000 Lm. I want to use it for the Tokyo Enduro, but I don't want to win to easly, now don't tell me to use a slower car, I just really want to use the S2000 for some reason... I'm crazy, I know. :dopey:

About your only options here are to either run it down (i.e. do 1500km's or so and don't change the oil) to decrease the HP, set it up very badly to make it difficult to drive or use Simulation tyres.

Other than that, well, you could always use a slower car :lol: ... or perhaps another S2000 like the Type V or the Spoon?

sukerkin
set it up very badly to make it difficult to drive

I'm sure Famine has some hints as to how this can be done :lol:

/*cough*/ GTGenome Project 2 /*cough*/

But that would be a new thing to do... "Yearh... I ran the car down, then completely fuxx0red the suspension settings... She now handles like a complete turd so I guess I'm able to compete!"

You're looking to do exactly what I did: Use a car you like while giving the poor AI a chance against you. GT3 is too easy, but the beauty of the game is that you can customize it to make it a challenge.

This works: Go with 'normal' power. No engine upgrades at all. Use super-hard slicks.

Even then, the AI won't have a chance against the S2000 LM, which is wicked fast. So do this: Wildly over-gear the car. Set that final drive so frickin' high the car can't even get out of fourth gear on the long, long straight. Only then will the AI have a chance.

In fact, the S2000 LM is so fast you may have to go so high on the gearing it barely gets into fourth. I used the Arta NSX for this exercise, but the 2000 is faster, so you may have to get really extreme.

Also, keep exiting and re-entering the game until both Supras are on the starting grid. They're much faster than the AI Skylines and NSXs.

Zardoz
Use super-hard slicks.
The gearing idea is a good one. You can also combine that tall final drive with the smallest autoset setting so that you get to use all the gears but it reduces acceleration.

If you use T2 tires, make sure you pit a lot. Normally the increased pit interval outweighs the increase in lap time over a long race, so you need to pit frequently to avoid gaining that advantage.

Good luck!

Without hybriding I would have to agree with the previous two comments. Personally I would rather tune up a stock S2000.

neon_duke
You can also combine that tall final drive with the smallest autoset setting so that you get to use all the gears but it reduces acceleration.

Yes, but the thing is that the AI is so pitiful in this race you'll need to handicap your car with a 4-speed tranny or even a 3-speed to give the other cars a chance against you. Hence the wide-gear autoset with the crazy final drive.

It's coming back to me: I believe you'll need to de-tune your car to the point where the best lap time you can get with it is a 1:38 or maybe 1:39. I think that's what an overgeared ARTA NSX with normal power and super-hards does using Fumes' chassis setup from GT Vault.

However, the S2000 LM is three seconds a lap faster on this track than the ARTA, so good luck slowing it down to where it can only manage 1:39 laps.

Once again, make sure the Denso and Tom's Supras are in the race with you. The NSXs and Skylines are way too slow to have any fun with them.

No way you can do it.

Not in that car.

To run clean laps is to run fast laps!
Plain and simple, the AI runs dirty laps and that equals slow.

My suggestion is to either run for your own satisfaction of getting great laps or if you insist on running close races, run a different car.

Trust me, no matter what you do it is nearly impossible to run close races with the AI.

UB57 created a race for NTSC users...
Enduros of 10-20 laps roughly.

Took the Nomad diablo then modified it to go from the stock 621hp to 549hp.
This put the pwr down to a point where we were constantly at a disadvantage of about 100-300hp compared to the JGTC cars we were running against.

Sure enough, most of us managed to whip the competition even with our bad tires, low HP and bad PWR.

So what's the point...?
If you want close races run with major under-dog cars.
If you want to run the S2000 LM concentrate on doing it perfectly and forget about those horrible drivers known as AI.

Of course, that's just my opinion. :D

Back