Dealer RPM vs. Garage RPM

• Thread starter Sloth
  • 5 comments
Right..

When you buy a car in the car dealer, it says the power and what rpm the peak power is at, but in the garage mode view, the peak power is generally at a higher RPM than what the dealership claims.

Can anyone tell me if this is in the PAL version and/or explain why this is apparent in the SCEA (US) version?

Thanks.

In one particular case, the garage mode peak power and peak torque rpm is actually 300rpm lower than what the dealership states.

Dealership:
Civic SiR-II
167hp @ 7800rpm
116ft/lb @ 7300rpm

Garage:
Civic SiR-II
167hp @ 7500rpm
116ft/lb @ 7000rpm

Try it.

What bothers me though, is the fact that the RUF 3400S apparently has 300 or so horsepower at 6800rpm initially, and whatever torque at 4750rpm, but after you buy it, those numbers change to 7000 and 5000, giving a 200rpm increase to one and a 250rpm increase to the other.

Begging for PAL version owner input.

-B.

The dealership tends to display the manufacturer's claimed figures, whereas the garage tends to show the figures PD tested the cars at.

It's in all the versions, and for the life of me I don't get why PD don't just tell us what we're going to be driving and keep it consistent. It's even worse in GT4, where the power changes between garage, dealership, arcade mode, car information (valuation) and replay screens. And are inaccurate if you use the conversions from PS to any other unit.

oh i see now,i only ever noticed in GT4,confuses the hell outta me,i got a car on the main garage screen saying 700 something KW, then i go check the car out it says 500 something KW, :ill:

It's just another bit of realism in the game. Often in real life, the manufacturer claims power incorrectly for whatever reason. I know in the 60's, they were saying muscle cars have less power than they do to comply with government regulations. ¬

Back