• 163 comments

dice1998

Yo Mamma.
Premium
United States
Vero Beach, FL
dice1998
pAoDtIz.jpg

Featuring Norman Reedus, is this the canceled Silent Hills project reborn? Hideo Kojima has stated that this has nothing to do with PT/Silent Hills so.. what is it?

Last edited:
It's Kojima so It'd be weird if he didn't leave us confused. The trailer was weird but told us absolutely nothing about gameplay, so we'll have to keep waiting. Given his transition over there wasn't that long ago I'd guess it is still at least 2-3 years away, probably more.

It's Kojima so It'd be weird if he didn't leave us confused. The trailer was weird but told us absolutely nothing about gameplay, so we'll have to keep waiting. Given his transition over there wasn't that long ago I'd guess it is still at least 2-3 years away, probably more.

Well apparently in a brief post-conference interview with Good Ol' Geoff, Kojima stated that the game was moving along at a good pace, so maybe we'll get it sooner rather than later. Maaaaybe late 2017. But that's extremely optimistic, especially considering how much of a perfectionist Hideo is.

Maybe he'll be able to work at a much brisker pace since he no longer has to deal with Konami's oversight, though? Guess we'll see...

In any case, enjoy some relevant info straight from Norman Reedus' twitter account:
5AOTiT1.png

This is a really cool trailer. God knows what the final product will be. It's so weird but when you get the imagery it's a great trailer in its own right. Hideo Kojima is represented by Reedus, left on the beach stripped of everything. Konami took away his baby, pulled the plug on all his IP and royalty rights, and cancelled his works in process (hence Reedus use). They really gutted him (scars). His studios, represented by the sperm whales, are dead and washed up on the beach. Kojima as Reedus looks up to five figures in the sky-- each of them represents his five Metal Gear Solid titles-- and they vanish with the baby. Now he has to start over.

Last edited:
This is a really cool trailer. God knows what the final product will be. It's so weird but when you get the imagery it's a great trailer in its own right. Hideo Kojima is represented by Reedus, left on the beach stripped of everything. Konami took away his baby, pulled the plug on all his IP and royalty rights, and cancelled his works in process (hence Reedus use). They really gutted him (scars). His studios, represented by the sperm whales, are dead and washed up on the beach. Kojima as Reedus looks up to five figures in the sky-- each of them represents his five Metal Gear Solid titles-- and they vanish with the baby. Now he has to start over.

The "5" are also represented by weights (almost like dogtags) hanging around his neck. It's not just the sperm whales that are dead, everything is dead. The baby has been ripped out of him, its handprints (and those of others) are across his body but suddenly the baby is gone, the electrical umbilical severed.

The more I watch it the more I love it :)

The only thing alive is him. The rest is dead. I wouldn't be surprised if he represent death itself. Maybe a story of redemption, after killing everything. Trying to build the world back up?

It's Kojima, with presumably freer reign than he had at Konami. This game could be just about anything.

Can't wait to find out more and I look forward to playing it in 2020.

All of the sea creatures are also connected to cables. And only he is disconnected, with scars.
I guess the handcuffs represent that Kojima felt that he was in a prison? And now that he gained freedom, he lost everything but he will be coming back.
Their new mascot- Ludens seems to be made on the same graphics engine.

3073835-ludens2_refix2_postertrim_s.jpg

Who is hiding behind the carbon skull mask?

ludens_kojima.0.jpg

This is an EVA suit, so the character is a space traveller. But it also says that it's a "creative" suit. Maybe it just represents a character that gathers and searches for inspiration and ideas for new projects.

Last edited:
I'm thinking possibly "creative" in a more, uh... Well let me put it this way: The trailer gave me some serious Prometheus vibes.

Maybe you're going around creating life (giving birth, if you will) on planets, and "death stranding" is referring to the fact that maybe the life doesn't stick on some of them... Rendering these worlds as metaphorical beaches with dead life washed up on them?

Last edited:
I can't see what's written on the golden circles- "Long Duration *something* Device *something*"

Also, the poster and the game has a similar lighting.

deathstranding.png

EDIT: @Lain I don't see any themes about giving birth. I don't see his scars as a c-section.

Last edited:
Well aside from the scars, there's the baby and the umbilical cords.

But I had the notion of the "Creative" part of the EVA suit's name to mean creating life and/or terraformation on other worlds before we even got the trailer.

As for what the circle thing says, it looks like "LONG DURATION LUB DEVICE (DRY)"... no idea what that could possibly mean. :lol:

Really curious what engine he and his team are using. He did a world tour visiting a LOT of game devs earlier this year.

Really curious what engine he and his team are using. He did a world tour visiting a LOT of game devs earlier this year.

In the interview I posted, he states they're still exploring candidates.

Well, yes.. But the trailer we got at E3 is in an engine, even if it's not the one they ultimately go with. A bit curious as to which one it was.

Also, poor Mark Cerny... After how poor Knack was recieved, he's relegated to being Kojima's tech caddy? :lol:

I hope whatever story they go with isn't as fragmented and ludicrously Japanese as MGS was. Honestly, looking back on all of it, it feels like a Visual Kei version of a military drama. Judging by the trailer, it don't look so good for that bit of hope. :lol:

Well, yes.. But the trailer we got at E3 is in an engine, even if it's not the one they ultimately go with. A bit curious as to which one it was.
That was what I was thinking too. Though it could be pre-rendered.

I've just realised that this is not oil dripping from the letters, it's wires running down.

e3-2016-Hideo-Kojima-Death-Stranding-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B4-%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BC-%D0%B5%D1%89%D0%B5-3161691.jpeg

EDIT:

2:42 mark

Last edited:
Seeing this trailer before bed with an exam on my mind for tomorrow.

Greatest dream idea ever.

Why do I do this to myself I wonder? Why do the 5 floating objects look like Drake's Views From The 6 album cover? So many questions.

Back