Death Stranding - A Hideo Kojima GamePS4 

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 163 comments
Solid points. And you're right about the shadow like beings never being addressed, unless featuring in a mail that I missed.

As for actor performances, I didn't think anyone was bad, it's just that they weren't given anything to work with. Nothing to really develop them. Only performance that stood out to me was Diehard Man's confession near the end. Some genuine emotion in his voice.
That outburst was ridiculous... also where the **** even where they and why didn't Die-Hardman see his own hologram from 10 ft away?
At that point the plot and story had broken down so much I literally didn't care.

Lindsay Wagner and Fragile's performances where pretty bad, but the direction and script for both was trash, so I guess hard to call. But Troy Baker was ****ing chewing up every scene he was in and it was both hilarious and awesome to watch, real nick-cage vibes

Fragile made zero sense, she was subjected to time-fall torture (which doesn't seem that painful, given one of the opening cut-scenes)... yet it only ages her skin, she's still in good shape for a young woman, let alone someone aged to their late 60's (???)... and can punch a man in the face without it breaking her hand.... so if Time Fall is only skin deep... how the **** does it do so much damage to metal?!

Forest #1

DEATH STRANDING™_20191126162546.png

DEATH STRANDING™_20191126161755.png

DEATH STRANDING™_20191126093520.png

DEATH STRANDING™_20191126161550.png

DEATH STRANDING™_20191126094022.png

This is a weird game but I like it a lot. I find the setting and story behind it interesting in particular. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like playing in a tv mini series or something.

I totally get why some people aren’t into it. This is one of those games where its best to smoke a cannon beforehand.

Edit:
Also the character movement, some menus and some sounds gives me a Metal Gear vibe, I loved MG games so this a plus for me.

Last edited:
Finished the game after 100h and really I like it, first open world game after long time where the world itself plays a bigger role, interesting story, nice graphics and sound design. Also extracted some notification sounds from some youtube video so I can use them on phone.

Finished the game after 100h and really I like it, first open world game after long time where the world itself plays a bigger role, interesting story, nice graphics and sound design. Also extracted some notification sounds from some youtube video so I can use them on phone.
Nice. I tried doing the same thing downloading some from the Zedge app but that thing ain't working no mo'

Do you find this game frightening for your taste?

frightening?... no, but everybody is different so your experience may vary

p.s. approaching Platinum Trophy, only few memory chips away :lol:
Ah I see. I thought the gameplay to be like that because it's somewhat similar to stealth games like Metal Gear.

I like this game a lot. I didn't enjoy the storytelling that much, but in terms of gameplay it is a very special game for me. And the atmosphere is absolutely unique. I really hope that we will see a sequel one day, because there is so much cool stuff that can be added gameplay-wise.

I also made a video of it where I show all the beauty of the game world and the hardships of porter life. I make such videos for some of games, but Death Stranding really inspired me to try and make something special.

Does it run smooth and clean on std ps4? The last mgs game from him really was pretty smooth and clean image.

No complaints from me so far, it has slowed down slightly in areas where a lot is happening but we're talking 2-3fps for a few moments, nothing too dramatic.

Speaking of which I'm going to get my Monster back on the table later on, it's currently cans of beer but I've been told that if you drink all 5 cans you can get Monster back after Sam goes on a bender :lol:

Last edited:
Do you get any weapons in this, don't tell me I have too walk everywhere, see vehicles but locked, damn coulda put me parcels on the back n drove too my location lol, what tops it off is seeing the beautiful Lyndsey Wagner now and again

Pulled the trigger and got it. Only an hour or so in, but damn' this game is beautiful on PC, and runs really great too. I know very few games that can pull off a solid 40FPS at 1440p on a GTX970. Solid 70 on a GTX1070. Great stuff. 👍

Bought on PC. Looks nice, game seems fun enough but Jesus Christ would you let me play it? The gameplay to cutscene ratio is pretty messed up in the first few hours, even for a Kojima game. Watching characters spout exposition at each other in cutscenes is :censored:ing boring.

Back