GT Sport - Decal identification thread

• Thread starter daan
  • 1,024 comments
I thought he meant the Japanese text under the MVR logo, that ends with BMW, on the corner of the bumper....

View attachment 805228

... dunno personally, I remember MVR as a tuner from back in the day when I used to purchase PerformanceBMW magazine...

edit: It's going to be something along the lines of BMW for Individualists... but in Japanese.

個人のBMW perhaps
That seems like it!

Mvr did do some very particular you found sergio Ghilberti and mvr together quite often

the writing in white. Japanese or something along those lines. Next to bmw? Any ideas?

winged it on this one..

I think it might be "罔住 の BMW"? then again my grasp of japanese is in the negatives and I'm just drawing shapes in google translate seeing if they look right

Edit: I found probably the best photo of the decal I'm probably going to find.
xGI1i4s.png

It looks like "個性のBMW" meaning "individuality/personality BMW" from what a few friends that actually know Japanese told me.

Last edited:
I think it might be "罔住 の BMW"? then again my grasp of japanese is in the negatives and I'm just drawing shapes in google translate seeing if they look right

Edit: I found probably the best photo of the decal I'm probably going to find.
xGI1i4s.png

It looks like "個性のBMW" meaning "individuality/personality BMW" from what a few friends that actually know Japanese told me.
Great find! This must be a practice or qualifying session. The car completed 1 race at silverstone and did not wear the decal above the number board and the 19 was in a different style so this is an even better find than first expected! I know it attended and at least completed practice sessions at the 2 other races it attended but due to technical issues, never started the racer! The car was originally the Harrods car. After silverstone, it was sold and converted by lanzante to road spec and back to Harrods livery so it’s so hard to find proper pics of this thing!

Like most model logos I suspect it's a custom typeface (without a full suite of characters) and not widely available outside of the manufacturer.

Unfortunate to know, but not a surprise considering how "Successful" my efforts were. That said, what would be the closest font? I have a idea on perhaps modifying the GT4 portion, just need a suitable R to replace the T.

Unfortunate to know, but not a surprise considering how "Successful" my efforts were. That said, what would be the closest font? I have a idea on perhaps modifying the GT4 portion, just need a suitable R to replace the T.
I’d assume it’s a completely custom font. Previous font is helvetica something or other is it not?

Anyone know what the logo is above the wheel arch, and rear wing endplate. It's on the 77 Barwell 2019 Blancpain entry.

Screenshot_20190317-140244.png

Yeah, I'd worked out Blinker.

I've just found out today, via Leo Machitski's Instagram, that the one above that is Renaissance Construction, and I'm assuming that one on the rear wing just says Barwell Motorsport.

All 4 should be complete soon.

View attachment 807816
:bowdown:

@anthaliscious and I may be the references for IMSA, but you’re the best when it comes to British GT and Blancain, especially your Huracans.

Not really a request to identify a decal, more to identify a font used for a decal ;

maxresdefault.jpg

On the drivers door, there's that DeBruycker decal in a kind of art deco/70's font type I can't find. Anyone who can help me out ? :rolleyes:

hello all,

I am almost done with that skin (I had to homemade some of the logos) but I am still struggling with some as:
-the one on the rear wing: could be IMTEC or IMREC but I cannot find it
-the one behind the front Wheel arch: some steering wheel called WINGN or something...
-the thing besides COCKPIT on the Hood: could be related to Tatebayashi and looks like there is APEX written within?
-the japanese writtings below the rear plate and the ones above AMKREAD on the front...
View media item 49534View media item 49533View media item 49532
any help would be much appreciated.

thank you.

hello all,

I am almost done with that skin (I had to homemade some of the logos) but I am still struggling with some as:
-the one on the rear wing: could be IMTEC or IMREC but I cannot find it
-the one behind the front Wheel arch: some steering wheel called WINGN or something...
-the thing besides COCKPIT on the Hood: could be related to Tatebayashi and looks like there is APEX written within?
-the japanese writtings below the rear plate and the ones above AMKREAD on the front...
View media item 49534View media item 49533View media item 49532
any help would be much appreciated.

thank you.

Found some higher res images and drew up a couple... these are in the attached zip..

upload_2019-4-7_16-28-3.png

.. the word Apex in the TS logo is cut out, so you can repaint the logo, and then put a block behind the apex word to colour that separately.

Attachments

• cockpit.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 11

Attachments

• 9828CAE5-C90D-414B-8C73-3FEEFC857625.jpeg
    9828CAE5-C90D-414B-8C73-3FEEFC857625.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Found some higher res images and drew up a couple... these are in the attached zip..

View attachment 812900

.. the word Apex in the TS logo is cut out, so you can repaint the logo, and then put a block behind the apex word to colour that separately.
cool, thank you
I ended up drawing the T apex logo myself, pretty close to yours!!! thanx for the IMTEC one I could not find out wich company it came from...

Back