2017 Trial Mountain 2 Hours (formerly Deep Forest Endurance Challenge)

Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
Deep Forest Endurance Challenge
For once, a completely original event

upload_2017-5-22_22-16-3.png

Date and time:

Late June/Early July, TBA, TBA CET
(click to see a countdown (when it comes). Work out what that means in your own time from there, or find a list of time zones)

PLEASE NOTE:
As of right now, this is nothing more than an interest check.
Whether this event will happen or not depends on the still-active part of the community.

Gran Turismo Sport is coming, and it brings with it a host of changes, from a more restricted class structure to an all-new selection of original tracks.

It has been a long standing tradition in Gran Turismo, that the best and most beloved circuits, real or fictional, host an endurance. If you think back, nearly every circuit to have appeared in the series has played host to one at some point - for good or for bad.

There is, however, one notable exception - Deep Forest Raceway. Curious, as this track not only ranked 1st in the GTPlanet staffs Tracks We Can't Stop Lapping, but was also highlighted by Kazunori Yamauchi himself as the original track he would recreate in reality, given the time and resources.

As part of a planned mini-series of events leading up to GT Sports release, it's time to give classic GT love to a classic GT circuit - Deep Forests own endurance event.

This event is run to the GTPlanet OnLine Racing Rules & Guidelines.

In the inevitable event that a car of a faster class needs to lap a car of a slower class, it is adviced that the slower car generally continues to race as they normally would, i.e. stick to the racing line in the corners and leave the job of overtaking them to the faster car, unless the slower car, in due time, makes aware of its intentions to move away from the racing line.
It is up to the individual driver to take appropriate measures.

Deliberately attempting to ruin the other drivers' race (beyond what should be expected, i.e. deliberately ramming into another car or zig-zagging down a straight (only o-ne change of line is allowed)), in any situation similar to this or during the race in general will not be tolerated and should be avoided.

Race type: Endurance Race (timed)
Qualifying: Yes (in GT6 Community Club)
Start Time: N/A
Weather settings: N/A

Race quality: standard
Voice quality: standard*

Boost: none
Penalty: none
Tire wear/fuel consumption: Normal
Grip reduction: Real
Visible damage: On
Mechanical damage: Heavy
Slipstream strength: Real
Banned assists: Skid Recovery Force, Active Steering, Active Stability Management

*Preferably, voice chat can be moved to a third-party service (i.e. Skype, Discord etc.) to relieve some stress from the game and allow chat to be picked up on the stream. Should this be impossible, Voice quality will be set to normal.

Cars participating in this event will race in one of three classes, based on vehicle type and their Performance Point rating. These classes are mainly the same as the ones first used in the original Mid-Field Sportscar Trophy way back in 2015 and appear quite similar to the three main categories in GT Sport.

Please note that all-wheel drive is only allowed in the 500PP Modified Production class, and that cars "powered or aided by non-traditional sources", including, but not exclusively, cars such as the Chaparral 2J, Red Bull X201x-series and Chaparral 2X are subject to further PP-restrictions or outright ban.

Click a spoiler tag for more information on each individual class.

The 500PP category may be the slowest class in the event, but history suggests this will also feature the most varied car list.

The car must be based on a production model, i.e. a vehicle that is/was commercially available from its original manufacturer. You are allowed to make modifications to it, such as apply a rear wing, upgrade the engine etc.

Generally, a production car can be described as anything built for the road. Track cars, such as the LCC Rocket or KTM X-Bow, fall in a grey zone, but are generally allowed. Concept cars and cars upgraded by a dedicated tuning company are not allowed.

In terms of performance, cars in this category should generally fall in the same performance bracket as Gr.4/GT4 cars.

The 600PP class is about mid-field in terms of performance, and usually consist of GT and high level Touring race cars that must be bought as a race-ready model.

In terms of performance, cars in this category should generally fall in the same performance bracket as Gr.3/GT3 cars.

The 700PP class is for the fastest cars and the class which will likely take overall victory. The relatively high PP limit aims this class squarely at Le Mans Prototypes and other high-end racing models.

For this event, the class has been given an extra 20PP, raising the upper limit from 680 to 700.

In terms of performance, cars in this category should generally fall in the same performance bracket as Gr.1/LMP1 cars.

Countdown timer
Grid order

Gran Turismo 6 Community Club

Qualification: TBA

I'd definitely be interested, always love a good GT endurance event (something I miss in GT), and I thoroughly enjoyed the most recent Mid-Field Trophy endurance race, so this should be good too 👍.

Much like Mid-Field, always found it odd Deep Forest never received it's own endurance event like the original tracks, especially considering it's significance.

It has been a long time since I races on GT6, but @rallymorten you have always provided great fun and good racing game on your enduros. If date and time line up good for me, I am definitely down for a good race. :-)

Have a Wedding to go to on that date :-(

..yeah, that's a sizeable point.

I can most likely hold this either the day before or the day after without consulting what plans everyone else has, but apart from that, I'll have to get back to you or give it a few more weeks.

Anyone have any suggestions? The more feedback I get from people, the more likely we can find a day and time that suits most, if not all.

My dates are pretty good on weekends, just that specific weekend is no bueno for me. The only other weekend would be August 12th/13th/ whatever that weekend is. Got a race I'll be running at that time.

I'm also interested, however, my race presence depends of the date and time which the race will be held. 👍

Then how's about the weekend of June 24? Slightly short notice, but would that work for people?

Because we need to start finding a date if this is going to happen sort-of on schedule, can everyone contemplating entering this please list all the dates between now and August that, as of whenever you're reading this, definitely doesn't work for you? If any date's particularly dependent on time, I'd like to see that as well. If you're not stating a time zone, I'm assuming you've converted it to UTC.

I'm trying to put this together to suit as many people as possible. The only way that'll ever happen is if you work with me.

Mon-Fri after 1:00pm I am free. Sat after 12:00noon. Sun after 1:00pm. These are the times I am available. I make my on work schedule so I like to work early mornings and be off by the times I stated. I'm Real flexible though and if it needs to happen earlier I can change my schedule up. I'm Central Time Zone.

Last edited:
Between now and August, I'm pretty much free, so I'm very easy going with regards to time and date. Will happily work with what other people are free with.

However, the only day/time in the week which would be an issue, would be Mondays between 5:00PM - 8:00PM (GMT), due to Football commitments. Otherwise, all good 👍.

Every Monday/Tuesday of June I can't do.

If it's on a Friday/Saturday it most likely fits my schedule.

Here's the idea then:

*If* this is going to happen, I'll make it happen on July 8, somewhere around 8-11 PM UTC.

Everyone interested, please report if this works for you.

I should note that if the attendance on race day is as pitiful as last time I did one of these, I'm calling it off on the spot. I have far better ways of entertaining myself than waiting for people who decided they can't be bothered to tell they won't show up and subsequently spend two hours daddling around with a grand total of three others.

Sorry, 8PM UTC just isn't possible for me. If you want to run the race at that time anyway then go for it. 👍

I'm just going to go ahead and say that this.. isn't happening. Even given the dying numbers on GT6, it hasn't had the reception I'd hoped for, and given my previous experience with sign-up/show-up ratios, we'd barely fill a podium.

So as to not make this thread a waste of space, I will, sooner or later, repurpose it for Trial Mountain. I'm looking at a date somewhere around September/October for that, so if you have any input on that, fire away.

Back