Depression and Anxiety Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2,115 comments
You know for you guys here, F. Zamataki's avatar shold put a smile on your face. Cute Japanese girls in the debated school girl look.

But anyhow, video games have helped me feel better. If I don't want to risk losing, I just want to play around. Like right now, I'm playing Tokyo R246 and I'm getting into drift. I turned the driver aids off and let the Calsonic Skyline just slide out into turns, and I'm slowly getting the hang of the "Drift" settings. However, a video by Race Idiot Productions under the "GT Concept" video site features a video with the NOMAD Lamborghini Diablo, but then shows a lot of cars sliding out of control including two cars that had PERFECT drift at Apricot Hill and Midfield Raceway. Both tracks have long corners and with a good car, they can be a lot of fun to drift out, considering your technique is good.

I tend to listen to Charlotte Church music ( http://www.charlottechurch.com (FLASH REQUIRED)) to feel better. I got her most recent CD, and the unreleased songs were amazing. My favorite that almost has me crying is "All That Love Can Be," from... I forget the movie.

There are several ways to avoid being depressed. But if you can't feel better even playing Gran Turismo 3 (or even 4), you need help. Find friends, find great activities, I mean, there is a lot of stuff to help you feel better, much less finding buddies on GTPlanet. I just want people to feel better and feel happy. As bad as the world is nowadays with terrorism and crap in the media, it can be pretty tough to negate all of what is in the media that negatively affects society. So, depression could be the final nail in your coffin as long as you can find a way of averting it if not for a few seconds, then your life. You need help? Find some immediately before things get worse.

But what were you meaning when you set up this thread? Were you meaning sadness? Or. Were you meaning well proper depression?

Well, I want to offer a Chat for people to discuss issues that made people feel saddened and disappointed and depressed. You can discuss rough moments that made your life a living hell, or perhaps you can offer your own advice to people on GTPlanet or even using a search engine and comes across gtplanet.net to someone who may be depressed.

I want to try to talk about proper depression or sadness. If you feel bad for a moment, it is sadness. If you feel bad for an extended period of time (weeks to years), you're depressed. Either way, all tough times and lessons learned from rough times are also welcome here.

Originally posted by JohnBM01
Well, I want to offer a Chat for people to discuss issues that made people feel saddened and disappointed and depressed. You can discuss rough moments that made your life a living hell, or perhaps you can offer your own advice to people on GTPlanet or even using a search engine and comes across gtplanet.net to someone who may be depressed.

I want to try to talk about proper depression or sadness. If you feel bad for a moment, it is sadness. If you feel bad for an extended period of time (weeks to years), you're depressed. Either way, all tough times and lessons learned from rough times are also welcome here.

So really it's both? In that case my situation is ok in here.

Originally posted by JohnBM01
But anyhow, video games have helped me feel better. If I don't want to risk losing, I just want to play around. Like right now, I'm playing Tokyo R246 and I'm getting into drift. I turned the driver aids off and let the Calsonic Skyline just slide out into turns, and I'm slowly getting the hang of the "Drift" settings. However, a video by Race Idiot Productions under the "GT Concept" video site features a video with the NOMAD Lamborghini Diablo, but then shows a lot of cars sliding out of control including two cars that had PERFECT drift at Apricot Hill and Midfield Raceway. Both tracks have long corners and with a good car, they can be a lot of fun to drift out, considering your technique is good.

Hah, someone appriciates my work! 👍

As for depression, well I have had many things recently dragging me down and making me feel like crap. But that's just life, it has it's ups and downs. I don't think i've been constantly depressed for no reason, it's just the circumstances.

I mentioned this in the Love thread. But this is to wierd to ignore. Everyone and I mean everyone, wether it's on tv or whatever everyone is falling in love. I noticed this as soon as i told that girl that I love her. Even that love thread showed up then. Is this a sign or am I going insane?

I'd like to say that all of you that replied to my situation, you were a great help and thanx. :)

That's why all of us love and respect each other as family, Drift. Our pleasure.

The thing that gets me depressed is my eczema and how all the kids at my high school treat everyone like they're ****. I have it really severely, so its always itcy, and even raw. people just get me down by saying the meanest things. one kid came and sat next to me at lunch and started scratching his arm very hard, mimicing me. I asked him why and he said he wanted to see why I scratch my arms and legs, and he said it was fun. I felt like the entire world hated me then, that I was a freak.

Originally posted by cpl_richie
I suffered Anxiety attacks on a regular basis for nearly two years. I was a bit of a wreck. You're right about the chemical imbalances. The number of times i heard that drove me crazy. BTW- anyone thinking about anti-depressants, only do it if you really think you need them. They aren't always the answer.

I have sufferd from anxiety for the past 6 months or so, its also assosiated with depression, so I guess you could say i've sufferd from mild depression as well, I tried meds, but they made things worse ( I woke up in the middle of the after dreaming of loud static noise, and thats all!, so I walked down the stairs shaking like a leaf and threw up countless times!!) so right now i'm trying the longer harder way (no meds) and i'm just trying to think about the light at the end of the tunnel

:)

Yea. Both of you. Whatever you do, don't let go of what you do have and never take your eyes off the light at the end of that tunnel. Just ignore the fa***ts that make fun of you. it's obvious that they don't have lives of their own.

How's this for Salt in the wounds? Now there is some Fa***t who is hassling me about this chick. I'm just waiting until the next time he says something. Then he'll be a fa***t with a broken nose.

Originally posted by DRIFT4EVA
How's this for Salt in the wounds? Now there is some Fa***t who is hassling me about this chick. I'm just waiting until the next time he says something. Then he'll be a fa***t with a broken nose.

Well, if you don't know this guy too well, just turn away the next time he speaks to you...not worth getting into any potential trouble over this *expletive*...

If he is your friend, maybe you can try changing his status to 'was your friend'.

Hope this helps ;)

I've be on Anti-Depressives for about two years. :odd: I didn't think I was depressed until it was brought to my attention from several friends. Then a doctor, who was guessing, and a Shrink. As Ultrabeat said, its more of just a lack of emotions. :) Saddness is a factor sometimes, I guess.

Lack of emotions is a sign of depression? Weird. I rarely show any emotions but I really don't think of myself as depressed at all.

I didnt think it was, but according to the people I've heard from it is. I'd actually have to look it up, but I'm pretty sure. And like lossing interest in things, not wanting to do anything. Hmm.

I've had psychiatric help after two depression caused suicide attempts.

The doctors really helped.

Originally posted by ultrabeat
I've had psychiatric help after two depression caused suicide attempts.

The doctors really helped.

Now that is bad. Good thing you seeked help. One of my friends almost took his life. Scary stuff

Well, if you don't know this guy too well, just turn away the next time he speaks to you...not worth getting into any potential trouble over this *expletive*...

If he is your friend, maybe you can try changing his status to 'was your friend'.

Hope this helps ;)

It's not that simple. The main time when he gives me a hard time is when she's around. So I feel like I'm in a tight spot whatever I do. If I stick up for her, everyone will know my feelings for her. If I ignore him I'll sound like a p**** and he will keep going at me. The only thing I can do is beat the crap out of him. Good thing I'm on School holidays so I don't have to listen to him for 2 weeks.

Now that is bad. Good thing you seeked help. One of my friends almost took his life. Scary stuff

It's not that simple. The main time when he gives me a hard time is when she's around. So I feel like I'm in a tight spot whatever I do. If I stick up for her, everyone will know my feelings for her. If I ignore him I'll sound like a p**** and he will keep going at me. The only thing I can do is beat the crap out of him. Good thing I'm on School holidays so I don't have to listen to him for 2 weeks.

Why does this fella give you a hard time? Also, does she know your feelings towards her? If yes, and she accepts it wholeheartedly, I believe that everyone knowing would not be much of a problem...If no...and she has confirmed already, then no harm done right (if everyone knows)? Please correct me if I am misunderstanding your situation.

I got one more thing to say: Why is it when you like someone in class and people know about it, those esses start gossiping?? Personally I see NO reason I should gossip about anyone in a relationship...or attempting to get into one...unless it's obvious that one is two-timing another person and yada yada yada...I believe it's the fear that people will know and gossip that snuff out many promising relationships. Why can't people just shut the *4-letter explesive* up??

Originally posted by sny_pher
Why does this fella give you a hard time? Also, does she know your feelings towards her? If yes, and she accepts it wholeheartedly, I believe that everyone knowing would not be much of a problem...If no...and she has confirmed already, then no harm done right (if everyone knows)? Please correct me if I am misunderstanding your situation.

I got one more thing to say: Why is it when you like someone in class and people know about it, those esses start gossiping?? Personally I see NO reason I should gossip about anyone in a relationship...or attempting to get into one...unless it's obvious that one is two-timing another person and yada yada yada...I believe it's the fear that people will know and gossip that snuff out many promising relationships. Why can't people just shut the *4-letter explesive* up??

1) Now I'm getting :confused:. I think I know what you're getting at. She knows and has accepted it. She doesn't feel the same way about me though. I don't know why he hassles me. We've never held a grudge against eachother. I think it's probably jealousy(SP). I don't know if that clears it up, but I hope it helps atleast a little

2) I always thought of gossip as a type of gauntlet. If you can get through it, then the 2 are made for eachother. I wish that they would shut up too. In the end, all you can do is dig deep and fight through it. There's no other way about it.

1) Now I'm getting :confused:. I think I know what you're getting at. She knows and has accepted it. She doesn't feel the same way about me though. I don't know why he hassles me. We've never held a grudge against eachother. I think it's probably jealousy(SP). I don't know if that clears it up, but I hope it helps atleast a little

2) I always thought of gossip as a type of gauntlet. If you can get through it, then the 2 are made for eachother. I wish that they would shut up too. In the end, all you can do is dig deep and fight through it. There's no other way about it.

1) It's unlikely it'd be jealousy...because sadly :( she isn't your girl...I believe it would be more of a mocking type of hassling? If so, I believe that it's relatively harmless...like any other prankster, if you ignore him for some time (depends on the persistence of that jerk), he'd fade into obscurity...telling him to shut the *4 letter word* up will just goad him into annoying you...believe me, I've come across this sort of p****.

2) Excellent point 👍 However, I'm still afraid of it...I don't bear grudges against people, unless they choose to bear some against me...if I never wronged them, why the *expletive* do they still do it? Oh well, I don't think there's anything we can do about it though. :(

Originally posted by sny_pher
1) It's unlikely it'd be jealousy...because sadly :( she isn't your girl...I believe it would be more of a mocking type of hassling? If so, I believe that it's relatively harmless...like any other prankster, if you ignore him for some time (depends on the persistence of that jerk), he'd fade into obscurity...telling him to shut the *4 letter word* up will just goad him into annoying you...believe me, I've come across this sort of p****.

2) Excellent point 👍 However, I'm still afraid of it...I don't bear grudges against people, unless they choose to bear some against me...if I never wronged them, why the *expletive* do they still do it? Oh well, I don't think there's anything we can do about it though. :(

1)Thanx for feeling my pain. :cheers:

2)I think I'll just try to ignore him and see what happens

3)I've never held a grudge against anyone either. They just want something to do. Like I said. You have to dig deep and fight through it. ;)

I always have a terrible time dealing with winter depression. Well my brother came up with a killer idea for me to get some INSIDE plants. I have hundreds of outside plants and flowers but no inside plants at home or in my office at work. So far he was right, it really does boost the moral along with adding color and life to the office and home. So I am going to start with these for now and see how it goes. I will add more for sure. :)
2 Orchids (1 at home 1 at the office)
3 cactus (2 at home 1 at the office)

Hopefully this will help others that deal with winter depression or depression in general.
IMG_20140814_180125.jpg

Holy blast from the past, Batman!

Hi, my name's Shem and I'm a manic depressive. Never knew this thread existed and currenty I'm not going through an episode so I'll leave it at that. :)

Epic thread mining :D Dusted off after over a decade!

@CAMAROBOY69 glad the flowers will help you. It might seem like nothing but it's the small things like this that can stop the other small things seeming like big things.

I'm not currently any more depressed than usual :D, but the fatigue and anxiety is at quite a high level.

Epic thread mining :D Dusted off after over a decade!

@CAMAROBOY69 glad the flowers will help you. It might seem like nothing but it's the small things like this that can stop the other small things seeming like big things.

I'm not currently any more depressed than usual :D, but the fatigue and anxiety is at quite a high level.
Yup did some grave digging with this but its one of the first I found when I searched for "depression". The others seemed to be individual threads where this seemed to be a variety of random people with depression. :D

I have ignored it for many years but GTP has really helped me decide to face my problem with winter depression. Usually I simply never discuss anything and just keep it to myself. Lots of great support on this site. :gtpflag:

Plus if this suggestion can help others then that's even better. These inside flowers INSTANTLY helped me a LOT. Shocked how much the color and life in the office makes me feel so much better here at work. Other employees have also taken notice and I see this trend growing around the office for sure. Yes pun intended. :sly:

Last edited:
For anyone with even a mild depression getting outside and exercising is an amazing way to battle the darkness. I would recommend it to anyone.

For anyone with even a mild depression getting outside and exercising is an amazing way to battle the darkness. I would recommend it to anyone.
That's no problem at all during the summer. I keep myself insanely busy outside during the summer. :)

Its the brutal cold winter where it is the most difficult. Especially when it looks like this outside and is -30f out. Simply no way you are getting me out in that besides to go to work and to the store for food. haha

IMG_20140218_150148.jpg

This is looking out the lunchroom at work this year. There is a picnic table under that mess.

Back