Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
If the expansion pack digitally + the exclusive for year one owners was $40 + the perks I doubt anyone will complain. The fact that it's $80 and requires re-purchasing the game + first 2 DLCs is a sticking point.

I don't think there's anything wrong with charging $80 for the Collectors' Edition. Its standard practice to make players pay more for exclusives.

However they should have given us the option to buy the Emotes and Shaders as a DLC. Or give year one veterans a rebate on The Taken King as $40 is pretty ridiculous regardless of the amount of content included.

I don't think there's anything wrong with charging $80 for the Collectors' Edition. Its standard practice to make players pay more for exclusives.

However they should have given us the option to buy the Emotes and Shaders as a DLC. Or give year one veterans a rebate on The Taken King as $40 is pretty ridiculous regardless of the amount of content included.
Bolded key part. I have no problem with the $40 DLC. I have a problem with $80 for it and to have the prior versions bundled. Offer the DLC for year one players as an expansion digitally. It shouldn't work unless you bought the full game.

Well, they acknowledge their f-ups and seem to be working on a solution. Ok Bungie, you avoid the angry mob, for now.

How many of you guys have a primary with a burn from the 35?

I'm still waiting! :(

I literally just got one an hour ago. It was a six dreg pride II with arc burn. It would have been great if it had been void burn, because fatebringer.

Me and a friend both also got a queen breakers bow. He tried it in PvP and simply can't use it. I tried it in PvP and got a 6.0 k/d. :lol:

My new favourite toy :D

I literally just got one an hour ago. It was a six dreg pride II with arc burn. It would have been great if it had been void burn, because fatebringer.

Me and a friend both also got a queen breakers bow. He tried it in PvP and simply can't use it. I tried it in PvP and got a 6.0 k/d. :lol:

Question is: how many kills did you get?

Still waiting to do my first poe 35. It's crota's end all over again. I'm debating if it's worth it to get the expansion. It's sad that it's at best $40 (without the emotes). Then again, I don't really go on when everyone else does due to work so I kind of play on my own 95% of the time.

Still waiting to do my first poe 35. It's crota's end all over again. I'm debating if it's worth it to get the expansion. It's sad that it's at best $40 (without the emotes). Then again, I don't really go on when everyone else does due to work so I kind of play on my own 95% of the time.

Doesn't help that PoE is 3 players!

Sure there are other guys here from the US?

Word of Crota?

I want the hand cannon with solar, a guy on my PSN got the scout with void with is pretty cool considering VoC and a upgraded Fang would give you the set.

QB is cool but I'm pretty into lord of wolves at the mo, full beast!

Question is: how many kills did you get?
18. It was skirmish, by the way.
well, what time zone you in? Maybe my Australian time would allow us to be on at similar times? I am +10 gmt :)

I was too intimidated to even try 35 until just this past week. It is quite difficult to figure out, but definately doable. My buds and I spent 3 evenings in a row trying to beat Skolas, and finally downed him the third attempt. You will need to put effort into not allowing yourself to get frustrated. Arc shotguns are very helpful to deal with the masses of captains that teleport right into any of the shelter areas you hide in. A hunter with max invisabity perks is also very helpful for reviving and to deal with the inevitable mine disabling. Also, don't try to rush it. Take your time and make each shot count. Consentrate on clearing the majority of his reinforcements before attacking him, we tried to stay out of Skolas's sight for most of the round, only came out of cover to unload our rocket launchers on him. IMO, the satisfaction you get from downing Skolas the first time is well worth the effort.

I was too intimidated to even try 35 until just this past week. It is quite difficult to figure out, but definately doable. My buds and I spent 3 evenings in a row trying to beat Skolas, and finally downed him the third attempt. You will need to put effort into not allowing yourself to get frustrated. Arc shotguns are very helpful to deal with the masses of captains that teleport right into any of the shelter areas you hide in. A hunter with max invisabity perks is also very helpful for reviving and to deal with the inevitable mine disabling. Also, don't try to rush it. Take your time and make each shot count. Consentrate on clearing the majority of his reinforcements before attacking him, we tried to stay out of Skolas's sight for most of the round, only came out of cover to unload our rocket launchers on him. IMO, the satisfaction you get from downing Skolas the first time is well worth the effort.
Agreed on almost all of that.

But can I just say that, maybe i am just lucky, but i have killed skoals 3 times now, and every time on my first try :odd:. Maybe we just accidentally found a really god setup without even noticing? :confused:

Reminds me of exactly what Bungie went through with the brutal backlash with ODST. It was supposed to be a $40.00 game since ODST was just a 2-3 hour campaign basically an expansion to hold the community over until Reach. After much backlash they decided to add the mp dlc packs from H3 (many had already purchased these) then they increased the price to $60.00. Basically trying to get everyone to pay for the DLC twice. It was one of the largest mistakes Bungie ever made.

This expansion for Destiny is sounding very similar. Luckily it looks like they are taking steps to resolve the issue.

Reminds me of exactly what Bungie went through with the brutal backlash with ODST. It was supposed to be a $40.00 game since ODST was just a 2-3 hour campaign basically an expansion to hold the community over until Reach. After much backlash they decided to add the mp dlc packs from H3 (many had already purchased these) then they increased the price to $60.00. Basically trying to get everyone to pay for the DLC twice. It was one of the largest mistakes Bungie ever made.

This expansion for Destiny is sounding very similar. Luckily it looks like they are taking steps to resolve the issue.
While they are taking a step, its not a big one. $20 is what we pay for an expansion, with new content. This upgrade is also $20 for 3 new gestures, 3 new colors, and 3 class specific items. Seems a bit of a stretch to charge that. Watch me end up getting it anyways.

While they are taking a step, its not a big one. $20 is what we pay for an expansion, with new content. This upgrade is also $20 for 3 new gestures, 3 new colors, and 3 class specific items. Seems a bit of a stretch to charge that. Watch me end up getting it anyways.
I agree seems a bit steep. Bungie is known for doing this but I thought that practice would not make a return with Destiny.

I guess its one of those things, if people keep supporting this, it will keep happening. Hopefully they drop the price or add a lot more content.

I agree seems a bit steep. Activision is known for doing this but I thought that practice would not make a return with Destiny.

I guess its one of those things, if people keep supporting this, it will keep happening. Hopefully they drop the price or add a lot more content.

I would love if they would let you make your own Shaders, that would be great and allow for a lot more uniqueness between Guardians.

@Chameleon9000 He just explained an instance showing that Bungie has done this before, so I doubt the correction was needed.

Doesn't help that PoE is 3 players!

Sure there are other guys here from the US?

Word of Crota?

I want the hand cannon with solar, a guy on my PSN got the scout with void with is pretty cool considering VoC and a upgraded Fang would give you the set.

QB is cool but I'm pretty into lord of wolves at the mo, full beast!
Not many. Had to delete a few because I wasn't good enough and the others I more or less need to "book an appointment" for.

I would love if they would let you make your own Shaders, that would be great and allow for a lot more uniqueness between Guardians.

@Chameleon9000 He just explained an instance showing that Bungie has done this before, so I doubt the correction was needed.
Of course, but Activision is in charge of the prices of everything.

Back