Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
Not looking forward to having to get all new guns, the nerf to black hammer.
Eh I'm not sure I care anymore since its damage is capped at 365 anyway so while we wait for that need to drop we can still use it at max damage and enjoy the good ol' times.

Not looking forward to having to get all new guns, the nerf to black hammer.
But you are getting new guns. Screw black hammer.

I made it 47 seconds into the video before I damn near rolled my eyes into my spinal column.

That counts for something right?
Gosh dude, you really have some negative chi towards the game. I just can't see where all of it came from! You used to like this game, and it only got better than it was. What happened?

So, at the risk of being an a-hole, you were doing something that bungie though was abusing the game, and they stopped you from doing that?

No I outright exploited the game after the fact of being told otherwise legitimate strategies weren't what they intended, and to be even more honest, it cut down on so many otherwise outright tedious encounters. It all really dates back to when the game was still new - I had problems with the game then but was far more willing to tolerate the changes, good and bad alike.

@Clark (sorry, buddy) dropped the game long before I did for many of the same reasons, the start of which is the grinding.

Chiefly, it came from being told how I should play the game and that my idea of having fun wasn't in-line with theirs.

Blame @Blitz24 for me even being here. :P
First time I get blamed for something.

I'm considering getting the expansion, partially because it could cost me only $30.

First time I get blamed for something.

I'm considering getting the expansion, partially because it could cost me only $30.
How could you get it for $30?

No I outright exploited the game after the fact of being told otherwise legitimate strategies weren't what they intended, and to be even more honest, it cut down on so many otherwise outright tedious encounters. It all really dates back to when the game was still new - I had problems with the game then but was far more willing to tolerate the changes, good and bad alike.

@Clark (sorry, buddy) dropped the game long before I did for many of the same reasons, the start of which is the grinding.
Example?

$20 coupon to Game stop + $10 from trading in my current copy of Destiny.
If you trade in your current copy of destiny, you can't play the expansion, and your getting completely ripped off for $10. What?!?!

How am I getting ripped off?

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/...n-MdUa-1c-16LwIJ-3rX8S&cid=eml_10002132&fq=16

True I can't get the Collectors Edition for that price but..
Okay, now i am even more confused. You said you would sell your current copy, for $10. $10 for an 80 game? And secondly, why can't i preorder the normal version of the taken king? I can only preorder the legendary edition, and screw that. Not that i want to pre-order it because i don't believe in that, but i want to know how much the ordinary copy costs in Australia, and it says nowhere. :grumpy:

Of what, my problems with the game even when I couldn't put it down? The only thing I can even be bothered to remember is this:

- It took them several months to fix near game-breaking bugs in the Vault of Glass, yet strategies such as forcing the Templar off the the platform and use the Hobgoblin sniping perches to your advantage were fixed almost as soon as they discovered. This was the beginning of noticing this particular trend of fixing what speeds up an encounter for whatever reason as opposed to fixing legitimate problems.

Should I recall anything else I'll make note of it.

Of what, my problems with the game even when I couldn't put it down? The only thing I can even be bothered to remember is this:

- It took them several months to fix near game-breaking bugs in the Vault of Glass, yet strategies such as forcing the Templar off the the platform and use the Hobgoblin sniping perches to your advantage were fixed almost as soon as they discovered. This was the beginning of noticing this particular trend of fixing what speeds up an encounter for whatever reason as opposed to fixing legitimate problems.

I actually never really experienced these, so please do. I only started actually playing the end game content like the raids and things towards the release of HoW, so i honestly didn't really experience very much of the early bugs and stuff.

How about all of the Atheon bugs?

How about all of the Atheon bugs?

This is a great one and brings to mind something else as well, the relic would just... not work sometimes. The shield would go down and you'd be screwed seven different ways, and then even when the shield did work you'd have to worry about his stupid Torch Hammer killing you from splash damage as the blast would hit the pillar directly to the left of the center platform (the one in front of Atheon).

There was the issue of the Praetorians regaining health, the oracles not going down, spawning all at once, the relic not relieving the effects of going through and exiting the portals, a weird bug with Vex that would cause it to fire like a normal fusion rifle, which still hasn't been fixed as far as I'm aware.

What am I forgetting? Help me out here. :lol:

The oracles going down out of order but you still succumbing to them. The bubble coming up on players who were teleported, the bubble not coming up on players who stayed with Atheon. Oh and supplicants either joke spawning on you and killing you, or (this is more unexplainable) managing to kill themselves by FALLING OFF THE LEVEL. Apparently something that can fly can fall off the level.

The weirdest glitch I experienced was we were in a full fire team of six, on the Templar fight, and we noticed that occasionally in the feed it said that some random with a blue name tag generated some orbs or died. Then after a short while we got marked by the oracles we had just killed, and then we all died, no matter what we did. We kind of figured the game had half loaded our fire-team into someones world who was trying to solo it, and he kept failing, but the game thought we were failing. It was very odd.

Xur might not have big enough pockets for this week.

Edit: you know what is really funny, it's getting nerfed in a month :lol:

Last edited:
@Terronium-12, looks like you were wrong. :P

Xur has aclyophage, light beyond nemesis, insurmountable skull fort, and Gjallarhorn

Wrong about what, refresh my memory.

And it's being sold weeks before the nerf, which regardless of how intense it is now, makes it even more of a waste of time. You've now negated the reason for the "gating" in the first place, a problem caused by you (Bungie) and now it might be for naught because you're banking on Sleeper Stimulant being better?

Oh it's probably the inventory thing I was "wrong" about. Just like Thunderlord, look at when it's being sold. :P

Wrong about what, refresh my memory.

And it's being sold weeks before the nerf, which regardless of how intense it is now, makes it even more of a waste of time. You've now negated the reason for the "gating" in the first place, a problem caused by you (Bungie) and now it might be for naught because you're banking on Sleeper Stimulant being better?

Oh it's probably the inventory thing I was "wrong" about. Just like Thunderlord, look at when it's being sold. :P
No, i meant about it being sold a few weeks ago. I am pretty sure you were the one who was saying that to me...

No, i meant about it being sold a few weeks ago. I am pretty sure you were the one who was saying that to me...

Oh yeah! :lol:

This doesn't really prove that it wasn't, it doesn't prove that it was either. It's just what I read when there was no weapon; apparently people caught it right when Xur popped up and were kicked back to orbit.

This doesn't really prove that it wasn't, it doesn't prove that it was either. It's just what I read when there was no weapon; apparently people caught it right when Xur popped up and were kicked back to orbit.
Wow, all of the helmets have great rolls. 56 SC will be used.

Fair enough I suppose, although I suspect those people were making it up. I sincerely doubt bungie would do that, just to let it happen now.

Also, now that were on the subject of destiny, and since we know that you always have something to gripe about in this game, what about the taken king, apart from the weapon balancing, do you dislike, eh? Just want something to discuss, and you seem to have a completely different outlook on things to me. :mischievous:

Back