Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
So rude. :P

---

So I solo'd Crotes McGotes in a little over an hour or two (first time I've ever bothered to actually try) and I still haven't lucked out with the Crux drop. Still, that was legitimately fun.

Crux huh? You know what Crota never gave me? A Crux.

Do you know what Crota gave me instead?

Gjallarhorn.

I got a Crux from Crota before I even had the Husk of the Pit.

Also I'm looking forward to the expansion. I'm not looking forward to the return of G-horn.

Did it again on my Hunter. Still no Crux. :irked:

Attempt no. 4,567,321?

Said attempt, this time with a Warlock. Nope.

a0namdubjspfaok0ra74.gif

So Ballerhorn. Haterhorn. Gjally. It goes by many names but my question is why are people so opposed to it returning?

Is it for the reasoning Luke Smith acknowledges?

"When Gjallarhorn is the only answer it unbalances the game. It also goes against our philosophy for exotics - they should be situational and if there is something that you want to use and never change it goes against our desire for a game with horizontal opportunities for progression.

My problem with this flawed reasoning is twofold. One, if a situation presents itself where a very specific weapon loadout is optimal - of course i'm going to use that because not only does it net the best possible result, but leaves room for little error; of having to sit there finding what works best and can get the job done as efficiently as possible. Two, exotics are overly situational now to the point where my vault is full of exotics I don't touch very often because they have no static utility.

Furthermore, as I've said to someone on the Destiny Reddit, I really don't understand the variety argument to begin with - even when it finally dropped for me and the honeymoon period ended, I still varied my loadouts. Luckily, Luke recognized one of the problems behind this: bullet sponges.

Moving forward, are you opposed to it returning for an entirely different reason, perhaps because of the LFG posts stating one must have Gjallarhorn (typically a sign of a weak team from the get-go), or something else altogether?

So Ballerhorn. Haterhorn. Gjally. It goes by many names but my question is why are people so opposed to it returning?

Is it for the reasoning Luke Smith acknowledges?

My problem with this flawed reasoning is twofold. One, if a situation presents itself where a very specific weapon loadout is optimal - of course i'm going to use that because not only does it net the best possible result, but leaves room for little error; of having to sit there finding what works best and can get the job done as efficiently as possible. Two, exotics are overly situational now to the point where my vault is full of exotics I don't touch very often because they have no static utility.

Or are you opposed to it returning for an entirely different reason, perhaps because of the LFG posts stating one must have Gjallarhorn (typically a sign of a weak team from the get-go) or something else altogether?
As you stated in the final sentence, it's mainly due to LFG. I only have a couple friends who really play Destiny (mainly during Iron Banner), so I LFG most of the time. It was bad enough seeing "Must have Black Spindle" and I really don't want to see "Must have G-horn" again seeing as I dealt with that during Y1. You shouldn't be excluded out of a raid group or POE run through just because you don't have a certain weapon.

The only positive I see with G-horn returning is that it is a quest reward. Meaning that everyone who puts at least an hour (maybe more) can have it, making it somewhat less special.

I've always found that popular, half decent weapons (especially exotics) are hated on or dubbed 'scrub weapons'. It's like a weird hipster complex.

In 3 weeks they will release the Y2 tasks to get the special treasures. I have seen a glimpse of the required tasks. At least 3 of them require playing through King's Fall (fragments, KF and KF Hard).

In 3 weeks they will release the Y2 tasks to get the special treasures. I have seen a glimpse of the required tasks. At least 3 of them require playing through King's Fall (fragments, KF and KF Hard).
Uh what? What are these special treasures you speak of?

Uh what? What are these special treasures you speak of?
I believe a shader and an emblem.

Just played and beat Oryx in challenge mode, although only had to play the last part. Anyone want to run through the rest so I can get Touch of Malice and the calcified fragments?

Not happy. Ice Breaker used to charge up ammo for other nice special weapons. Now it doesn't. :ouch:
That was addressed a long time ago (I think it was before TTK came out).

Also in an unrelated note, I just need one more calcified fragment for my Y2 Moments of Triumph to be complete.

I don't suppose anybody would be willing to help me out completing a few things for my Moments of Triumph? Since I have no friends, I haven't done King's Fall or Challenge of the Elders yet. PS4, by the way.

I don't suppose anybody would be willing to help me out completing a few things for my Moments of Triumph? Since I have no friends, I haven't done King's Fall or Challenge of the Elders yet. PS4, by the way.
I can if you want. Challenge shouldn't be difficult at all, so i'm down for that. Kings all is a little harder, but it shouldn't be too bad.

I'll be on some time tomorrow, now is a bit too late for me to start getting into anything. I will warn you though, I always seem to play terrible around others. :lol:

That new Mars PvP map sounds almost good enough to make up for the fact they're bringing out more Fallen-based DLC and still ignoring the Vex and Cabal.

I just want more Mars things. :(

Blimey. 10th of August for the last post!

I loaded this game again to have a quick patrol, pretty much the only thing I have time for, to find the game is downloading a 32 GB file. I stand the machine down and go back a bit later and it's now downloading an 8GB file.

Later still it now is playable again. Except it's now rubbish. My light level is 305 - nothing special but okay for patrolling. I used to only find blue drops with the occasional purple. These would range between 290-310. This allowed me to gain a light level now and again.

Now I find loads of green drops worth 195-200 and blue drops in the 240 range. it's now pretty much impossible to level up light patrolling at all now. 👎

Blimey. 10th of August for the last post!

I loaded this game again to have a quick patrol, pretty much the only thing I have time for, to find the game is downloading a 32 GB file. I stand the machine down and go back a bit later and it's now downloading an 8GB file.

Later still it now is playable again. Except it's now rubbish. My light level is 305 - nothing special but okay for patrolling. I used to only find blue drops with the occasional purple. These would range between 290-310. This allowed me to gain a light level now and again.

Now I find loads of green drops worth 195-200 and blue drops in the 240 range. it's now pretty much impossible to level up light patrolling at all now. 👎
Pa... pa... patrolling? WHAT ARE YOU DOING PATROLLING!?! patrolling becomes obsolete at like level 10 :lol:

The reason it is dropping greens is because they just updated to Rise Of Iron, which comes out in a few days. They just let everyone download the patch early either to test bugs or because they realise how long it takes some people to download that amount of information. But, the game is thinking that you are far lower than then new light cap, so its dropping you garbage.
Also, as far as I'm aware of, blues could only drop at 270-300.

I would recommend doing strikes man, they are at least somewhat challenging compared to patrolling, and your almost guaranteed something at the end of each one.

Pa... pa... patrolling? WHAT ARE YOU DOING PATROLLING!?! patrolling becomes obsolete at like level 10 :lol:

The reason it is dropping greens is because they just updated to Rise Of Iron, which comes out in a few days. They just let everyone download the patch early either to test bugs or because they realise how long it takes some people to download that amount of information. But, the game is thinking that you are far lower than then new light cap, so its dropping you garbage.
I still need to finish MoT.

I still need to finish MoT.
I still have to get one calcified fragment (which I just realised is basically sitting out in the open. I seriously thought I had all of them but it turns out there's one I got on my titan and not my hunter.) and complete the April update stuff. I have done them, just on a separate account.

Back