DF Wheel with GT Prologue

• Thread starter RUI
  • 9 comments

RUI

Portugal
Vila Real
RuiGT
Has anybody else used the Logitech DF wheel with GT Prologue?

I just can’t believe how unrealistic it is with this game; here are some of the things I’ve noticed this far (I’ve only been playing since Friday, but did little else during the weekend):

When you are stopped before the start of a race the wheel turns without any force feedback and although you begin to get a feel of the car once you’re moving it’s still nothing like in GT3 or Concept;
It always feels too light, like you have very little control of the car, which is actually true;
Also, when you have to turn quickly left/right (or vice-versa, for that matter) the wheel instantly locks, even at moderate speeds, making you go straight ahead which makes it absolutely useless in a track like Assisi, or with any relatively powerful FR car. It also locks when you accelerate too much out of a corner, instead of spinning, or when you touch the grass.

Now, I’ve noticed this game is a lot more unforgiving that the previous ones, that, for example, when you touch the grass you’re in big trouble, but with the DS2 you still can manage to get control back in any of the situations I mentioned; with the wheel it’s hopeless…

So here I am, loving almost everything about this game, having spent a lot of money to be playing it – the actual game, the shipping, the swap disc, the flip-top cover (and its shipping - yeah, I live in a god forsaken place) and now I can’t really fully enjoy the GT experience because my wheel sucks!!!

Will they fix it in GT4, or could this be a strategy to make us buy the new one?
I’m saying this because Prologue was probably released more than anything else to please Logitech - who had the new wheel ready for months - and so, when you use another wheel, maybe you get the default settings for the new one (you can’t configure the DF)…

Do these things also happen with the new GT Force Pro? Am I gonna have to spend even more money to appease my soul???

Not to worry RUI, the DF Pro has none of the problems you mentioned with Prologue. It works beautifully. There are some bugged versions of Prologue that cause some locking issues with the new wheel for some people, but not for me yet (after 3 months). But again, that is a problem with the game only and not the wheel. I would highly recommend the new wheel over the old one, though.

You know why the wheel doesn't have any resistance when turned standstill? It's because of simulated intelligent powersteering from new cars that adjusts the resistance(feedback in the case of wheel controller) depending on your speed so you would have more feeling about how fast the car is going and how much (or little) you can turn at that speed without losing the control or start understeering after turning the wheel too much :rolleyes: though I'd like it better if there were cars with different types of powersteering and some without it.. :D

Also the reason why the wheel opposite locks itself when sliding around is your car's front tires. You really should try "drifting" with a real car on different surfaces, on concrete and soft sand or even snow for example, and notice how fast the turning wheel starts countersteering on its own.
more grip = faster countering :lol:

The only real bug about the force feedback in the game is that when you're sliding on the grass countersteering some or lots of there is too much resistance when you're trying to straighten
out :(

------------------------
Edit: or did I misunderstand something what you were talking about now? :confused: :embarrassed:

*extremly loud cough*demo*end of load cough*

a demo is almost like a beta maybe its like 60% of what the game is gonna be dont expect demos to be perfect jus tto show off or to show you whats happening to the game im pretty sure they will fix the wheel problem soon or they probably did but be patient and stick to the DS2 till this bad boy comes out as the final product

Originally posted by 8400RPM
Not to worry RUI, the DF Pro has none of the problems you mentioned with Prologue. It works beautifully. There are some bugged versions of Prologue that cause some locking issues with the new wheel for some people, but not for me yet (after 3 months). But again, that is a problem with the game only and not the wheel. I would highly recommend the new wheel over the old one, though.

What version do you have?

oh sorry, you were talking about the older DF wheel which has only standard 180 degree turning..
Yesterday I tried playing prologue with DF pro set to 180 degree mode and god damn it was impossible to play and behaved just like you said... I guess the new wheel is the only usable one with GT4 (prologue) :irked:

oh sorry, you were talking about the older DF wheel which has only standard 180 degree turning..

I'm glad you said that Speed Drifter, I was going to tell you had no idea of what I was talking about, there was no way this could be intentional :)

Back