DFP brake always on problem

• Thread starter Little Wog
  • 7 comments
I've searched the forums and couldn't find a thread mentioning this problem, maybe I am getting blind or searching with the wrong words :indiff:

I've got GT4: Prologue (PAL) and when using my Drive Force Pro, the brakes usually come on automatically. I have attached an image I made in MS Paint :crazy: to show how much brake power is on, when this problem occurs.

I use bumper cam, so I have to pause the game and press Select to turn on the accelerator/brake indicator. Then when it occurs I have to pause the game and un-plug the DFP usb cable and then plug it back in.. it's very time wasting. :(

I don't seem to have a problem with any other racing games I own.. this just happens on GT4: Prologue.

any help would be appreciated. :)

~Çiao

Attachments

• DFP.JPG
    DFP.JPG
    3.3 KB · Views: 24
Are you sure its not because you have really big feet and are touching both pedals :lol:

Am joking, it sounds like a hardware fault (bad quality control), depending on how long you have had it, I'd try send it back and get yourself a new one.

If thats not an option and you are feeling brave, then Werner Winkels seems to be the guru on taking apart DFPro's and other units.

Pedal Conversion

It may be the spring is weak at pushing up the pedal, or the brake potentiometer is dirty. You may like to PM him and see if he can talk you through opening up the pedal unit.

:lol:

Tacet Blue, I bought my DFP in May 04, so it should be still under a warranty.. :)
I don't want to try and fix it myself, as I think I'd make the problem worse :scared:

I thought it may have been a GT4: Prologue bug... so I guess it's not..

thanks for the replies :)👍

~Çiao

Arwin has posted a topic on fixing you problem yourself if you feel confiedent enough. you can find it at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43686&highlight=Driving+Force+Pro

I've tried it myself sucessfully. My DFP had the same trouble as yours, so I spent a night repairing it myself. Taking it apart is easy enough, but putting it all back together is tricky unless you remember where all the parts go. I had to experiment with spring positions until I got them right. I now no longer have the problems which you're currently having with your wheel.

If you feel confident enough, try it, but it may void any warranty on the wheel. You have been warned.

I gave logitech Australia a call today.. and they told me to ring Sony.. I thought it was weird to ring up a company that did not make the DFP :irked: .. it's like ringing up Microsoft because your having problems with your Nintendo Game Cube :crazy:

anyway.. I rang Sony, I told them my problem and that I bought it back in May 04. They told me the DFP has a 2 year warranty.. and to take it back to where I purchased it and they will swap it for a new one..

I went to the store where I bought it (Harvey Norman) and they didn't have any in stock.. so they have put one on order, once they get it in.. I'll take my faulty DFP back and get a brand spanking new DFP :sly:

so I wont be getting a spare DFP like a few people in the USA.. :(

thanks for all your help people :)👍

~Çiao

Back