DFP/g25 questions

• Thread starter picklesam
  • 15 comments
hi all, got this game last year, played it for a few days and decided to put the game away until i've got the DFP cos the physics is just amazing, be wasteful if i played thru the game with a pad....finally have enough $$$ to buy wheel, want to ask is 900 degree mode the only mode? ie can i use 200 or 270 degrees instead?

I believe you can change the degree of rotation, but I have no clue on how to do it. :confused: The way to do it is not in the game itself, rather, it's the hardware.

OK I've got a question with the DFP and new G25 wheels with EPR.

I currently use the DS2, and have noticed that the game limits the amount of deflection in the front tires dependant on speed or if you're countersteering. IE at low speeds you push the stick all the way to the left and you get full left lock, but at a higher speed, say 70mph (120ish Km/h) you push the stick all the way, and get a slight tire deflection.

I think the idea is to try to minimise the amount of under steer you get with the DS2 to make it easier (when counter steering you are given full movement).

I've got a cheapy wheel for Game, and I think EPR just sees it as a DS2, as I can't access the steering wheel options, and I get the same issues with limited deflection.

So does the DFP have these limits as well, or do you get full range of motion regardless of speed?

Thanks for any help you can give. :)

I believe you can change the degree of rotation, but I have no clue on how to do it. :confused: The way to do it is not in the game itself, rather, it's the hardware.

You can press Select + R3 + R1 (up shift paddle) to go to the 200 degrees mode
and you can press Select + R3 + L1 (down shift paddle) to lessen or increase the amount of resistance.

I can well imagine. I tried using my cheapo wheel to play, but found that I coudn't give a little flick to start a feint drift without going lock to lock....made it kind of infuriating...

Anyway off to check prices on both wheels. See where I can get the biggest discount ;)

Interesting thing this is, I bought my G25 for $270 off of eBay weeks before the realease. I believe it is $300 for a new one, anyway, eBay is the best choice for cheap wheels.

I've seen new DFPs go for ~$200, and used ones on eBay for as low as $60.

DFP's can be had at buy.com for $95 shipped (USD). G25 looks to be about $270 after shipping from most reliable places I froogled ($250 for wheel, $20 shipping).

Since the only thing I'm playing regularly these days is RBR (curse the Pro season times!), I'm still holding off on the G25 for a while yet. The DFP sequential shifter does just fine as a handbrake... 👍

Back