Dfp?

• Thread starter sicbeing
  • 21 comments
Cribanox
You guys think the DFP will be able to be used in GT5? I would honestly love if they went the extra mile we want to see, H-Shift 6 gears and a clutch, plus all the good stuff from the DFP.

I don't think you're going to get a clutch - too difficult to simulate, maybe not. But a double H shifter would be sweet. The problem would be that some cars have 4 gears, some have up to 7. I guess there could be some kind of plastic cover to snap on around the housing to make different shift patterns and such. That'd be sweet. And not all cars have 1st gear top-left. It would be really cool if they were able to emulate all the different patterns.

well the gears thing would be difficult, but a clutch ( would be possible now with all buttons being analog) would be eas and great .... and for the gears, a up and down would be fine for me, since you could simulate for example shifting down two gears at once by holding the clutch button and then two times down the gearjoystick and that's it.... I think it is realistic to hope for something like that....

I dont exactly enjoy having to hit down twice to go from 4th to 2nd, or even 5th or 2nd, going thru a turn, etc.

Neither are too hard to make, some of the PC Sims already have clutch in the game, it isnt that hard to emulate, unless you wanna count the extra effort for the different clutch kits you can buy in game.

As for the H-Shift, they would have to make it have 4 on top and 4 on bottom, in case the car has 7 gears there can still be a "reverse" gear.

One thing I prolly wouldnt care about having is a simulated hand brake, buttons work just find for that imo.

sicbeing
One thing I prolly wouldnt care about having is a simulated hand brake, buttons work just find for that imo.

Are you crazy ?...

The handbrake needs a serious adjustment.. Finding that bloody button while trying to countersteer is next to impossible....

And don't get your hopes up on the clutch...

Flerbizky
Are you crazy ?...

The handbrake needs a serious adjustment.. Finding that bloody button while trying to countersteer is next to impossible....

And don't get your hopes up on the clutch...

Eh, I know better than to get my hopes up with anything from PD :indiff: I can fidn the button just fine... 👍

The perfect perhipheral support for gt5 would be the DFP, force feedback shifter, and force feedback pedals. It would be cool to jump from one car to another and feel the heavy clutch of say, a viper compared to the light clutch of some economy car. Plus i love all the footwork required when you have a game that supports a clutch pedal.

Its fun dancin around on the pedals going from healtoeing to left foot breaking.

There's no doubt the DFP will be supported in gt5. Hopefully with better force feedback software. and lock that changes like on the PC....

i hope they simulate the handbreak better also. THe handbreak has allways been unrealistic in the gt series. basicly useless in my opinion

maybe the clutch will be added like the choose or choose not option.lik you could set it from options and it would be default off.for the real enthusiast the clutch would be a dream on dfp and gt5

Each car having different cluctch settings would be nice, like stiffness and all that. When you would get a better clutch, it would be harder to drive smoothly, but shift alot faster.

I’m almost sure the DFP is going to work in the PS3 because of the 4 USB ports in the front of the console and they release a adpter for PS/PS2 controlers.

The “DFP2” should have a clutch pedal, a 7 position shifter, plates to customize the shifter, the games that are compatible with the “DFP2” should have the option to configure the shifter to be a sequential shifter, just like the original one and to complete a analog hand brake lever.

LOL

DFP2

Leather Steering wheel squared off at the bottom a little bit, With all the buttons, and the sequential shifter paddles found on teh gallardo (nice metallic pieces) for those who like sequential.

The 8 slot box that doesnt need plates. Instead it uses a mechanism to block off the unused channels, each channel is shown by a digital HEX counter to tell which gear is which slot like this:

1 3 r
| _ | _ | _ |
| | | |
2 4

1 3 5
| _ | _ | _ |
| | | |
2 4 r

1 3 5 r
| _ | _ | _ |
| | | |
2 4 6

r 1 3 5
| _ | _ | _ |
| | | |
2 4 6

1 3 5 7
| _ | _ | _ |
| | | |
2 4 6 r

you get the idea.

some serious adjustments to the pedalbox, make it ALOT stronger, and force feedback if a clutch is included, so you can feel when to realease the clutch nicely.

Of course clutch wouldnt be compulsary, you could have auto clutch feature.

kayman
LOL

DFP2

Leather Steering wheel squared off at the bottom a little bit, With all the buttons, and the sequential shifter paddles found on teh gallardo (nice metallic pieces) for those who like sequential.

The 8 slot box that doesnt need plates. Instead it uses a mechanism to block off the unused channels, each channel is shown by a digital HEX counter to tell which gear is which slot like this:

1 3 r
| _ | _ | _ |
| | | |
2 4

1 3 5
| _ | _ | _ |
| | | |
2 4 r

1 3 5 r
| _ | _ | _ |
| | | |
2 4 6

r 1 3 5
| _ | _ | _ |
| | | |
2 4 6

1 3 5 7
| _ | _ | _ |
| | | |
2 4 6 r

you get the idea.

some serious adjustments to the pedalbox, make it ALOT stronger, and force feedback if a clutch is included, so you can feel when to realease the clutch nicely.

Of course clutch wouldnt be compulsary, you could have auto clutch feature.

Hmmmm, I'm thinking there is something wrong with this concept, except that I can't come up with it. Are there any shift patterns that can not be emulated in the H pattern? The S2000's reverse is straight out the right side and there are a few cars that use a more 'race' inspired pattern where 1 is bottom right with nothing above it, but even those two patterns would fit into an H.

attachment.php

Attachments

• shift-pattern.gif
    shift-pattern.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 168
Doing a H shift box, whil sounds great would be very difficult, for example, your all going on about make it with the capacity for 8 gears, 7 forward and the reverse, GT4 already has a car with 8 forward, and everytime you add one forward to the H your adding 2 more possible gears. What if GT5 expands futher in the range of vehicles, like say, racing trucks, they can hve 9,10 or more gears. The H would be huge, while it's a great idea, I don't see the practical side to it.

if they make a dfp2, i will go insane.... unless they give us a clutch pedal addon for a cheap price for the old DFP.

The base for the pedals would have also to be wider to include a clutch. If you try to use the current DFP pedals with only your right foot, you'll often hit both the throttle and brake. So, the new one would need the pedals a bit more apart.

Back