Diablo II: Lord of Destruction

• Thread starter infallible
  • 29 comments
Wow, this game is amazingly addictive. Just wanted to know a couple things for the people that play this game a lot.....

1. What is your character's rating.....what's the highest rating you've seen?

2. Who is the best character?

I've got a lvl 42 Necromancer, he's cool.
But I haven't played Diablo for almost a year now, so I guess he's stuck at level 42...
I would reccommend Dungeon Siege for all of you has beat Diablo 2, or just is getting sick of it.
I think you can download a demo of it on the official site.

Originally posted by Noggin
BARBARIAN'S RULE

Only since 1.10 came out, Barbs are ok. And that's being nice.

They really, really........... Sucked before 1.10.

I took a level 40 Amazon without using pots and destroyed my buddy's 99 Barb. He had a Bvalor and ith maul, so it wasn't even close to similar, when considering weapons. I had a Goldstrike and owned him. Then, for kicks, I bought a crappy jav, and whomped him again with lightning.

All in all, Barbs sucked till now. Now they're ok, at best.

my highest character in 1.09 was a 98 zon. That time zon ruled i believe.

my highest character in 1.10 is a 70 necro. In pvp i think a necro rules with the enigma armor to teleport that is. Also the elemental druid rocks, along with hammer pally or foh pally.
I dunno the only fun part about this game to me is to duel. so i duel a lot.

but my overall favorite character is the wolf druid he just looks cool.

I've played Diablo 2: LOD for like 2 years. I was severly addicted to it until all those hacks came to the realms. Ith's, dupes, hexeds and loser players ruined my experience and I left Diablo 2 for like 6 months. Then patch 1.10 and I was addicted again. Almost made it on the ladder. Currently got a lvl 90 Sorc on USEast as my highest. Got about 5 other Ladder chars at 85+. Bored of that game again though. Playing for 2 years does that to you. Still probably my fave game of all time just for it's longevity. PvP sucks still though. It's to item dependant then skill dependant.

To bad that 1.10 with it's synergys ruined all my older 1.09 chars though.

Oh and Toyo I don't know about your friend but he wasn't either trying or sucks at that game. If anything Barbarians are worse now then before 1.10. I hate how all the synergys ruined skills like WW for the Barbarian. Also Barbarians are even more item dependant now. They've always been to item dependant but now it's worse, with the nerfing of Barbs in 1.10.

I'll duel your Zon with my Pvp barb from 1.09d ;)

Originally posted by Hyperglide
I've played Diablo 2: LOD for like 2 years. I was severly addicted to it until all those hacks came to the realms. Ith's, dupes, hexeds and loser players ruined my experience and I left Diablo 2 for like 6 months. Then patch 1.10 and I was addicted again. Almost made it on the ladder. Currently got a lvl 90 Sorc on USEast as my highest. Got about 5 other Ladder chars at 85+. Bored of that game again though. Playing for 2 years does that to you. Still probably my fave game of all time just for it's longevity. PvP sucks still though. It's to item dependant then skill dependant.

To bad that 1.10 with it's synergys ruined all my older 1.09 chars though.

Oh and Toyo I don't know about your friend but he wasn't either trying or sucks at that game. If anything Barbarians are worse now then before 1.10. I hate how all the synergys ruined skills like WW for the Barbarian. Also Barbarians are even more item dependant now. They've always been to item dependant but now it's worse, with the nerfing of Barbs in 1.10.

I'll duel your Zon with my Pvp barb from 1.09d ;)

:D, he doesn't suck. It's just that, I had tons of res. on me, and when you hit, it just doesn't compare to a shot of mine. Without elements, he did about 10k dam. With, he did about 30K. It's not that bad. :D

Lvl 40 Zon couldn't be beatin by a Barb that did 10k physical damage? You were also using ****ty Goldstrike Arch..

Something's missing here, lol..

First of all, the Goldstrike, though it has a lower hp value, it has the fastest overall speed for an elite unique bow. So, for the lesser value damage, it does more often, it equals out. Plus the stats on it are insane, the extra benefits are worth the price of lesser damage.

Plus, no matter how hard you think about it, I still beat his barb. Which, coincidentally :rolleyes:, makes it a FACT.

Only been playing the game a week but I love it already. I've managed to die about 4 times on Hardcore but I'm getting the hang of it now. :D Anyone fancy being generous with their "spare" items? :lol:

I know this is a re-awakening of a dead thread, but I'm curious so just hang with me for a second.

I just started getting back into D2:LOD this weekend with a buddy of mine. We already have gone through both Normal and ACT 1 of Nightmare. He's working on a Lightning Sorc, and I'm back at my fave' Bowazon. We're both level 38, after only a 24 hour session. All legit, no hacks.

I was curious if anyone else wanted to play 1.09d D2:LOD. I hate 1.10, due to it's complete removal of all the strengths that both Sorceress' and Amazon's had. So, we're playing via TCP/IP.

Heh I was about to install Diablo2/LOD yesterday but didn't get around to it. I bought the Diablo battlechest nearly 3 years ago & barely played it! Enjoyed demo which is why I got it, will hopefully have some fun with it over xmas :)

1.1o made it really hard for a solo assasin starting out with nothing. However the shadowmaster has been pumped up and is just as deadly as u are, but SM isnt till lvl 24 i think, its been a while. I onlly play with assassins . bu ti havent played in a year :) all my charactors and 100's of items arte gone.

The install was a pain with LoD, not looking forward to after HL2's install.

CAMAROBOY69
ooooo this game looks really fun. Is it like Gauntlet or Baulders Gate?

Yes, it is TONS OF FUN!!!! It resembles the games you speak of, quite nicely. I find D2:LOD much more addicting, though. I mean, take a look at how long I've been playing it, and it's still not getting old to me. I started probably 6 years ago, and played my guts out for about 3 years. Then the game kind of faded into an every other month play for about a year and a half. Now, 1 1/2 years later, I'm back into it. I played it for 28 hours this past weekend (just saturday and sunday). That's an addiction, my friend.

Forewarning: 1.10 might look nice with all the new skills and cool updates for items, but be warned, it's a TON harder to play now. Especially since you can't get help from much level higher characters.

i got over this game a year ago just toooooo repetitive i had a lvl 73 barbarian he was alrite untill i got so bored i just threw my items to this random guy.

toyomatt84
Yes, it is TONS OF FUN!!!! It resembles the games you speak of, quite nicely. I find D2:LOD much more addicting, though. I mean, take a look at how long I've been playing it, and it's still not getting old to me. I started probably 6 years ago, and played my guts out for about 3 years. Then the game kind of faded into an every other month play for about a year and a half. Now, 1 1/2 years later, I'm back into it. I played it for 28 hours this past weekend (just saturday and sunday). That's an addiction, my friend.

Forewarning: 1.10 might look nice with all the new skills and cool updates for items, but be warned, it's a TON harder to play now. Especially since you can't get help from much level higher characters.
Sounds great. Gauntlet is very old for PS2 and I still pull that out once in a while with family or friends to get 4 people going against the computer. Soo much fun. Not as fun on single player but still fun. I will try DIablo 2 out some time hopefully after the new year.

I had a lvl 60 something paladin, which I think is the best class. He was so awesome. Unfortunately I had problems with my old hardrive and everything I ever did was lost, so, there you have it. I still play it if I'm stuck at home with nothing to do, it's a very addictive game.

Yeah, I just started getting back into D2 about 2 weeks ago, and I'm already a lvl 50. I remember this game being quite difficult, but now, I already know where to put my skill/level points. :D

are you playing 1.10? the highest level charactor i had was a 97 babrbarian and a 92 PvP assassin that owned most no bugged zons and phyisically reduced sorcs. it was fun beating up sorcs, for a long time they wre the second hardest to beat with barbs being first, well at least those ith barbs. I sure dont miss all the hacked items.

I don't even play open Bnet anymore because of all the hacked people. (Did the new 1.10 get rid of the hacks?). That and the fact that it resets your single player map when you go online, so I just play closed.

[sarcasm]Awww... you don't like ITH balrog skins? :D[/sarcasm]

Anywho, I'll never choose to play 1.10 again. They completely tossed all that was good for my characters, as in skills. My 99 zon used to be able to walk into Diablo's lair and just slay him without too much hesitation in Hell, but afterwards... yeah right. :( My guided arrow went from doing 12,000 - 42,000 to 2,000 - 8,000. I was completely pissed. I also have been playing D2 since 1.07, so I've been on quite a while.

Now, I'm using 1.09D, the last GOOD patch update. I just use TCP/IP games with my good friends and we have a blast.

I just started playing the game about a month ago, I suck though. only level 6 Barbarian. I can't seem to stay as focused on it as Warcraft III. I can play that game for days straight without losing interest. and I also have a level 2 assassin.

No offense, bud. But, you chose probably the 2 WORST chars for D2:LOD. Atleast, in ver. 1.09D they sucked more than a vacuum. 1.10 is just stupid, so I don't give the game credit past 1.09D.

Sorcs and Zons are teh best in 1.09D. At my peak, my 99 zon would do 28,000 - 49,000 damage on a normal arrow. Put on level 25 guided arrow, and you couldn't survive a single hit, no matter what your character had. I was almost immune to every element, and my defense was in the 5,000 range. You could swing all day and never hit me.

Latest Posts

Back