Did a little searching...FR drift

• Thread starter articzap
  • 16 comments
artic_zap
I did a little research and read the faqs. My problem is that I'll be drifting a corner, those medium to long ones, and I'll drift towards the inside until I'm on the grass. If I try to correct this with steering, it'll whip out of the drift. I'm pretty sure my corner entry speeds are good, but could probably be a little faster. I'm sure part of this has to do with brakes well drifting... I was wondering if someone can enlighten me on brake control well drifting and maybe steering too. Any help is appericated.

There are some possibilities:
  • You have too grippy tyres
  • You have too much angle
  • You aren't countersteering enough
You could try to overcome the grip problem by going in even faster so the centrifugal force would throw your car more to the outside of the corner and the two other points are more or less linked to each other. Try slippier tyres or drift with lower angle. 👍

- R -

I did a little research and read the faqs. My problem is that I'll be drifting a corner, those medium to long ones, and I'll drift towards the inside until I'm on the grass. If I try to correct this with steering, it'll whip out of the drift. I'm pretty sure my corner entry speeds are good, but could probably be a little faster. I'm sure part of this has to do with brakes well drifting... I was wondering if someone can enlighten me on brake control well drifting and maybe steering too. Any help is appericated.

your probably understeering so its probably you lsd and suspension

I do experienced something like what you had described. For my case, i would feel that the car is not acting in oversteer, instead in a straight line SLIDING(Not drifting) momentum. It normallys slide until speed is as low as 20km/h, and i will lose control over my steering. During my first days in drifting, this was often a problem.. Until i realise something called "Catching the drift".

Yes, indeed for medium and long size corners, throttle is importantly needed for the car to maintain its sideway motion and yet following the curves of the corner. I was mostly sliding straight onto the grass at first, until i got my luck to catch one of a drifts, and i can feel the what is needed to push the car throughout the corner. Your angle needs to be adequate, putting in mind not to slow down your speed. Normally, i only let go of throttle during the initial feint, after that throttle is normally at about 3/5 or 3/4 of full.

I hope what i stated aboveare correct. Afterall, I'm still a beginner at drifts. Seniors out there, please do correct me if I'm wrong. I just want to help if i can. :nervous: :guilty: I hope it does help you pal.

I know how to drift. I have entered WDS's and such. Its just that on long corners I find myself drifting slowly towards the inside of the corner and lifting off the gas doesn't help anymore. I also try to correct with some steering inputs but if I move it just a little to try and kill some oversteer it kills the whole drift...

There are some possibilities:
  • You have too grippy tyres
  • You have too much angle
  • You aren't countersteering enough
You could try to overcome the grip problem by going in even faster so the centrifugal force would throw your car more to the outside of the corner and the two other points are more or less linked to each other. Try slippier tyres or drift with lower angle. 👍

- R -

I think its about tires,angle and countersteer as Greycap said.

Also try practicing more you'll get it eventually:)

FR? and still steering in? If all said above is not the answer, then i think you should go a bit more faster in those corners

Try applying LESS throttle. If you floor a car that's only just able to spin it's tires you'll just end up going the way your nose is pointing.

Feathering the throttle just around where the tires are slipping should make it easier to control your line and speed.

If you are sliding in, countersteer more, and gas it more, to create more speed to the outside.

If you are sliding out, countersteer less and/or gas less.

also, if you feel like you are not hving enough over steer, adjust the camber/antiroll bars.

Back