Differences in regional versions?

• Thread starter mushi
  • 13 comments
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I searched the forums and couldn't find the specific information I was looking for, so I apologize if this has been beaten to death.

I know that there is the PAL version, and three different versions of the NTSC game. I understand that the PAL version is the latest release of Prologue, and contains one more bonus car than the NTSC versions.

However, what are the differences between the different NTSC versions? I've read various posts that the Korean version is the latest (besides the PAL version), and most bug-free, but the other versions suffer from some issues with the Logitech Driving Force Pro. What issues are they referring to, and how else do these versions differ?

Basically, the question I'm trying to answer: is the Korean/Japanese version worth twice the going price of the Asia/Chinese version?

The Korean version is bug free and I the logitech driving force pro works in 900 degree mode for it. I assume it works in 900 for the Pal too, don't know about the chinese version.

I believe the issues are that you don't get full 100% throttle with the Driveing Force Pro. The Korean one was the first to sort that out.

Arwin would be the person to speak to about this.

Yes, Sven is correct, however, there also have been reports of the wheel periodically going batty in Chinese and Japanese version. I have the Chinese version and have had no problems other than the 99.6% throttle, which is a minor problem unless you want to compete for best times. 900 degree mode works for all versions.

With the release of GT4 approaching, I would just save your money but if you have to the Chinese version is worth the discount.

Its probably in this forum somewhere.......but, how do you break out of the track in chinese prologue in fuji??......is it possible to do it without anything or was it only the Japanese one tha could do this.....

.......reason.....getting bored of Prologue!

I have occasionally had small issues with the wheel's feedback acting up in my Chinese version, but I've managed to avoid it for the past month or so. I think it had to do with how I was restarting races...I don't know if it does the same thing in the Korean version though.

Besides the obvious language factor, are there any differences between the Korean and UK(PAL) versions?

I have both, and prefer playing the PAL for language ease of use. But I think the Korean one looks better (due to PAL/NTSC video differences)

Were there also differences in Gold, Silver laptimes in each regional version?

Thanks,

~CYD

The PAL version has an M5, and the Asian ones don't.

The NTSC-J versions have 10 more fps than the PAL versions, but the PAL versions have a slightly higher resolution.

There are some test time differences between all versions (even asian ones differ slightly), but I don't think they make anything more difficult.

I have recently noticed an important difference between the NTSC/J and Pal releases in that the wheels have been improved in the latter. Although polyphony has not opted for truly 3d rims, there is a vast improvement in the appearance of most wheels. A useful example of the improvement can be seen in comparing Nissan R-34 GTRs in the respective editions. Comparing GT3 or Concept with Pal Prologue will yield the same result.

Warm regards,

Sam

I've noticed that many of the horsepower figures that they quote from the NTSC version in db.granturismo.de are 2-3 more than in the PAL version.

Very small difference, but thats my excuse as to why I can't get the top times :lol:

Tacet_Blue
I've noticed that many of the horsepower figures that they quote from the NTSC version in db.granturismo.de are 2-3 more than in the PAL version.
They're probably quoting the PS figures instead of BHP. PS gives you a slightly higher number, but the cars have the same power.

mushi
Basically, the question I'm trying to answer: is the Korean/Japanese version worth twice the going price of the Asia/Chinese version?

The short answer is: if you have a wheel, yes, you must get the Korean version. Otherwise, there are no important differences. The Japanese lady has a more sexy voice, the Chinese version has the car names in English. The Korean version has all car names both in Korean and in English, so that's good too.

Back