Difficult Challenge Race

• Thread starter Lightsped
  • 3 comments
What is the secret to getting the 03 Yamaha TZ250? The Challenge Race is a two lap race at Tsukuba. You start in 3rd place and must catch the first guy before two laps is over.

I haven't had any major problems with any of the Challenges until this one....

Lightsped
What is the secret to getting the 03 Yamaha TZ250? The Challenge Race is a two lap race at Tsukuba. You start in 3rd place and must catch the first guy before two laps is over.

I haven't had any major problems with any of the Challenges until this one....

Evryone has problems with this one.. dont feel bad.

Run that TZ250 deep into corners and keep the speed high.

The secret is perfect, deliberate, precice braking.

This one was pretty tough. Most of the challenges in TT aren't that bad at all by GT Standards, but this one is a pretty tough race, for sure.

The way I beat this one was by doing what Ducatisti said: Carry as much speed as you can into the corners, then brake hard, get yourself pointed in the direction you want to go, and then nail the throttle big-time. You'll have a few crashes, most likely, until you get the balance right, but once you do, you should be able to win this challenge a few times. Once I nailed it, it took me about 10 more races or so to get the other bike colours I wanted (red and orange), in addition to the blue one that I won first. I decided not to try for the silver one. This race is tough, but it's not impossible. If you had three laps to do the race, it'd be easy. You want to make sure that you pass the first rider by the time you get to the last hairpin (not the big sweeping turn coming to the start/finish line), and if you can manage to pass him before the chicane (just after the Dunlop arch) that's even better.

A lot of these challenges are nowhere near as bad as the missions in GT4, and although it might make for a shorter game, I find it a lot less frustrating than GT, personally.

Good luck with it.

Back