DIRT 5 Complete Car List Revealed, Post-Launch Vehicle DLC Confirmed

The Audi S1 Quattro is the same one from Grid in Super Hatches? Use the Audi S1 in Grid, qualify first. Shift into second and your gone and won. Superb.

The Audi S1 Quattro is the same one from Grid in Super Hatches? Use the Audi S1 in Grid, qualify first. Shift into second and your gone and won. Superb.

Different Audi S1, Dirt 5 is using the rallycross version which is the same one as Dirt Rally 2.0.

"There’s also a livery editor, revealed in a features trailer back in July but we haven’t yet seen in action."

The livery editor was briefly shown in a stream beforehand. Have to say I'm rather disappointed, as its not a full editor, but a limited number of preset layers that can be colored, a layer for a single decal on the roof and sides, and some sponsors that are locked into preset spots. Very much in line with what we'd see from an early 2000's game like NFS Underground 2, opposed to the full editors we have now. Even so, its better than what the Dirt series has seen thus far.

Judge for yourselves.

"Full editors" like those seen in Forza/GT present a significant challenge: Moderation

Give people total freedom and the first thing they'll do is post vulgar, hateful or racist things unfortunately, and moderating all of that requires significant resources. Upping the age rating to 18+ is out of the question too.

Microsoft and Sony have vast resources and even their titles don't get this delicate issue right. That's why most third party racing titles use presets moreso than a blank canvas approach.

I must say, nothing irks me more than companies announcing DLC even before the game is launched. But this is Codemasters so it's just business as usual.

"There’s also a livery editor, revealed in a features trailer back in July but we haven’t yet seen in action."

The livery editor was briefly shown in a stream beforehand. Have to say I'm rather disappointed, as its not a full editor, but a limited number of preset layers that can be colored, a layer for a single decal on the roof and sides, and some sponsors that are locked into preset spots. Very much in line with what we'd see from an early 2000's game like NFS Underground 2, opposed to the full editors we have now. Even so, its better than what the Dirt series has seen thus far.

Judge for yourselves.

It's been like that since Race Driver GRID. At least this one allows you to choose sponsors and decal placement. In GRID 2019 you can't even do that.

"Full editors" like those seen in Forza/GT present a significant challenge: Moderation

Give people total freedom and the first thing they'll do is post vulgar, hateful or racist things unfortunately, and moderating all of that requires significant resources. Upping the age rating to 18+ is out of the question too.

Microsoft and Sony have vast resources and even their titles don't get this delicate issue right. That's why most third party racing titles use presets moreso than a blank canvas approach.

Depends on your target demographic IMO. I check the GT liveries section weekly and I have never seen questionable liveries. In NFS, I've seen maybe 1 or 2 ****hub liveries, usually on Lamborghini cars (no surprise). In Assetto Corsa and other PC sims where you can literally paint anything you want, I've never seen offensive liveries either. Maybe it's just because I don't look for it, but I believe the community will moderate itself and the number of people making offensive liveries are very very small in the grand scheme of things. The advantages of a totally free livery editor more than outweighs it.

I'm pretty sure a company the size of Codies can spare one guy to go through the moderation backlog each day as well. It's not like you need to do it for F1/GRID, and the player numbers for DIRT are also not going to be as high as GT/FM.

I wish they could just copy and paste the liveries from grid 2 and grid (new). I know a lot of people would sit there and yell lazy, but those liveries are really good. Even though its not a complete free livery editor, there's just so many theres a good chance you won't see the same combinations multiple times. A lot of those liveries also show off a lot of modern race car designs so to speak (i know a lot are pretty "unrealistic" as most liveries are pretty simple but my point stats). The addition of editing the i guess texture? Or design within the design is pretty cool though.

Sure seems like an excuse to not hire more moderators, AKA the way to stamp this out. Plus, as was stated above, anecdotally, the vast, *vast* majority of games that have full livery editor suites more often then not don't have this problem, at least, out in the open, and really only crops up if you're searching for it, which by that point people should be reporting it anyway.

Like, I'm going to be real. I'm reminded of the same excuses EA Canada pulled when people were creating the most heinous names and characters to created players in the NHL series, and it took articles written by people to point out how heinously racist these players often were, and how EA basically did nothing but the bare minimum, even with reports sent out.

So is the Macan going to be exclusive to amazon forever? The fact its not in the season pass is a slap in the face.
I got that info yesterday as well, pffff come on Codemasters. It should have been a unique livery or a free cash unlock for Amazon commercial purposes, but never a completely new car.

Back