DIRT 5: General Discussion

Partial DiRT 5 soundtrack revealed. More songs and artists will be announced leading up to launch, including some exclusive tracks.

6yn1ttl4frg51.jpg

Soundtrack so far:

American Authors - Microphone (Habitat Remix)
Arkells - Years In The Making
Barns Courtney - Fun Never Ends
Car Seat Headrest - Hollywood
Chaka Khan - Like Sugar
Child of the Parish - Thread The Needles Eye
Dinosaur Pile-Up - Back Foot
EOB: Ed O'Brien - Shangri-La - Spike Stent Edit
Floating Points - LesAlpx
Foals - In Degrees
Hero The Band - Shout
Hockey Dad - I Missed Out
Inhaler - We Have To Move On
Jamie N Commons - Let’s Do It Till We Get It Right
John J Presley - Left
Mason - Dance, Shake, Move
New Found Glory - Hit or Miss
Noisy - Oi ATM
Oh The Larceny - Check It Out
Pearl Jam - Who Ever Said
Sports Team - The Races
Starcrawler - Home Alone
Stormzy - Pop Boy (ft. Aitch)
Tesla - Tied To The Tracks
The Academic - SUPERLIKE
The Amazons - Mother
The Bloody Beetroots + Jet - My Name Is Thunder
The Chemical Brothers - Bango
The Hara - Friends
The Heavy - A Whole Lot of Love
The Killers - Caution
The Mysterines - Gasoline
The Prodigy - Timebomb Zone
The Sherlocks - Magic Man
The Shoes - Time to Dance (Sebastian Remix)
Twin Atlantic - Volcano
Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown - Drive Me Mad
Weshly Arms - Never Be The Same
Wolfmother - Chase The Feeling (feat. Chris Cester)
YUNGBLUD - Tin Pan Boy

Music options include the ability to having the soundtrack change dynamically (i.e. different music/quality as you drive past speakers or points-of-interest, probably similar to how the audio changes when you drive through the Festival Site in Forza Horizon), or to play the music all the time.

Reddit Post

Spotify Playlist

Personally, not a lot there that I'm familiar with, which'll hopefully mean an excellent opportunity to find some good new music! :D Pearl Jam is a surprise for me. Not a band you really see in video games, much less a racing game.

Music options include the ability to having the soundtrack change dynamically (i.e. different music/quality as you drive past speakers or points-of-interest, probably similar to how the audio changes when you drive through the Festival Site in Forza Horizon), or to play the music all the time.

I really like this option, will be using 3D audio mode for sure! :D

Partial DiRT 5 soundtrack revealed. More songs and artists will be announced leading up to launch, including some exclusive tracks.

6yn1ttl4frg51.jpg

Soundtrack so far:

American Authors - Microphone (Habitat Remix)
Arkells - Years In The Making
Barns Courtney - Fun Never Ends
Car Seat Headrest - Hollywood
Chaka Khan - Like Sugar
Child of the Parish - Thread The Needles Eye
Dinosaur Pile-Up - Back Foot
EOB: Ed O'Brien - Shangri-La - Spike Stent Edit
Floating Points - LesAlpx
Foals - In Degrees
Hero The Band - Shout
Hockey Dad - I Missed Out
Inhaler - We Have To Move On
Jamie N Commons - Let’s Do It Till We Get It Right
John J Presley - Left
Mason - Dance, Shake, Move
New Found Glory - Hit or Miss
Noisy - Oi ATM
Oh The Larceny - Check It Out
Pearl Jam - Who Ever Said
Sports Team - The Races
Starcrawler - Home Alone
Stormzy - Pop Boy (ft. Aitch)
Tesla - Tied To The Tracks
The Academic - SUPERLIKE
The Amazons - Mother
The Bloody Beetroots + Jet - My Name Is Thunder
The Chemical Brothers - Bango
The Hara - Friends
The Heavy - A Whole Lot of Love
The Killers - Caution
The Mysterines - Gasoline
The Prodigy - Timebomb Zone
The Sherlocks - Magic Man
The Shoes - Time to Dance (Sebastian Remix)
Twin Atlantic - Volcano
Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown - Drive Me Mad
Weshly Arms - Never Be The Same
Wolfmother - Chase The Feeling (feat. Chris Cester)
YUNGBLUD - Tin Pan Boy

Reddit Post

Spotify Playlist

Personally, not a lot there that I'm familiar with, which'll hopefully mean an excellent opportunity to find some good new music! :D Pearl Jam is a surprise for me. Not a band you really see in video games, much less a racing game.

That's a very strong looking list so far, continuing the varied genres that made the soundtracks to the previous mainline titles so good. Pearl Jam is a pleasant surprise on that list, and seeing the likes of The Heavy, The Killers, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, and Wolfmother especially, to name a few I recognise, is a good sign 👍.

The more I see of DiRT 5, the more exciting it looks. Makes me think about buying it upon release the more I look at, which considering the price of games nowadays, is not something I do too often.

I`m not sure how people play car games with music on, that`s the first thing i do is make sure it`s set off for gameplay/replays/menus etc....:):)

When I play racing games, the atmosphere plays a core role in how much I enjoy it so I leave the music on in most cases.

With races, I can understand some prefer to listen to the engine and other sounds associated with racing. However with the menus, having some kind of music playing is pretty much a necessity because I personally find it too sterile browsing in silence. ;)

Been looking at all the gameplay vids. I must say I don't like how wide the tracks are. You can practically fit 10 wide cars and still have some space left over :ill: I mean I get this isn't Dirt Rally, but Dirt 2/3 tracks had decent width for overtaking action, and still narrow enough to offer a challenge.

Dirt 5 do have more opponent per race compared to the last 2 games, 12 cars per race instead of 8 like in Dirt 2 and 3. It might depends on game modes and tracks, the Stampede track on Brazil looks like a nice fit for 12 cars racing but the Arizona track shown recently does look a lot wider than that:

The current preview build car list:

The Porsche Macan T1 rally raid seems to be Amazon exclusive. New RGT Exige and Abarth 124 looks awesome.

Can I pre order the amplified version on Amazon so I can get all the bonus stuff plus the macan, or am I just screwed out of either one or the other?

Can I pre order the amplified version on Amazon so I can get all the bonus stuff plus the macan, or am I just screwed out of either one or the other?

pre-order it on Amazon then buy the season pass separately will most likely gets you everything but I think is best to wait and see. The Macan seems to be a retail pre-order exclusive, Australian shops pre-orders is giving out the Macan and F150.

I guess this is a timed exclusive DLC for retails, should be available for purchase in a few months after release.

I guess this is a timed exclusive DLC for retails, should be available for purchase in a few months after release.
That's normally the way these things go.

For DiRT Rally 2.0 the retailer cars were available for everyone, but ordering it from a retailer meant it was immediately unlocked in-game. I don't know DIRT 5's plans though.

That's normally the way these things go.

For DiRT Rally 2.0 the retailer cars were available for everyone, but ordering it from a retailer meant it was immediately unlocked in-game. I don't know DIRT 5's plans though.

I don't mind if it is just early unlock like DR2.0 but so far the Macan looks like exclusive car for retail stores. As long it is sold as a DLC at a later date, I'll be fine by it.

New ice racing gameplay on New York with Group B Ford and Peugeot:

The description confirms Dirt 5 will be launch title for next gen Xbox as well:
Codemasters is also thrilled to confirm that DIRT 5 will be a LAUNCH TITLE for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, coming November 10! Using Xbox's Smart Delivery option, all DIRT 5 players on the current-gen console version, launching November 6, are entitled to a FREE upgrade to the optimised next-gen version from November 10.

The environmental lighting looks great at night, but considering they went with a bumper cam for this footage, I can't help but notice the lack of illumination from the vehicle headlights.

EDIT: Confirmed to be resolved in Discord server

Last edited:
Oh dear. That didn't do a good job of showing off the new console, imo. Nothing caught my eye at all.

Series S is very weak for a next gen console. It has a significantly better CPU than the One X, as well as much faster storage, but a weaker GPU and less RAM. In a closed-course racing game it’s not going to give much better results.

Back