DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
Many of you probably already know this, but for those who don't, it appears to be the 1997 Subaru Impreza WRC. I wouldn't count on any additional content beyond that, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Definitely the old legacy

Definitely the old legacy
I would actually prefer the Legacy, so I'd like you to be right.

But in the top view, the #3 is faintly visible, which was Colin McRae's number in 1997 and 1998, and we know the DiRT franchise has a long-standing affinity with McRae. The only time he drove a blue Legacy was in 1993, but never with the #3 (Alister McRae did drive a #3 car, however).

image.png.739a9ea8f4e83cc35acc1e011d1d73b2.png

Also I think the headlight shape & configuration looks more like the '97-'98 Impreza.

Anyway, it looks like it'll be announced tomorrow. Ideally I'd like both cars. There have also been some cryptic hints possibly referencing the McRae Forest Stages Rally held in Perth & Kinross, Scotland.

I would actually prefer the Legacy, so I'd like you to be right.

But in the top view, the #3 is faintly visible, which was Colin McRae's number in 1997 and 1998, and we know the DiRT franchise has a long-standing affinity with McRae. The only time he drove a blue Legacy was in 1993, but never with the #3 (Alister McRae did drive a #3 car, however).

image.png.739a9ea8f4e83cc35acc1e011d1d73b2.png

Also I think the headlight shape & configuration looks more like the '97-'98 Impreza.

Anyway, it looks like it'll be announced tomorrow. Ideally I'd like both cars. There have also been some cryptic hints possibly referencing the McRae Forest Stages Rally held in Perth & Kinross, Scotland.
Yeah, I just slowed down the video at the end, its definitely the 22b, my bad.

No, this is the last major content release for the game.
Until Dirt Rally 3, right? Right?? :sly:

Gotta say, whether or not there is a third game, DR 2.0 has been fantastic with all the content added and it's my personal favorite rally game by far. Still such a pleasure to rip through Wales in my 95 Impreza with the light shining through the trees. I will be playing it for a long while. 👍

About to get back to this game after more than a few months. Anything i should know....

Always loved the dirt series just haven't had the time for the last while. The McRae dlc sounds pretty sweet.

Hey guys, despite owning DR2 for some time I've only just started playing it. So far just one championship, Historic with the Opel Kadett. I have a question about the tires, despite the general recommendation of 'Medium' I chose 'Soft' as there was only two low k stages in-between service parks. I got on fine with this ie didn't wear them out at all. I have seen comments about this before, do tires really matter in this game or should I generally just choose softs ? Also how does hardcore damage work ? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey guys, despite owning DR2 for some time I've only just started playing it. So far just one championship, Historic with the Opel Kadett. I have a question about the tires, despite the general recommendation of 'Medium' I chose 'Soft' as there was only two low k stages in-between service parks. I got on fine with this ie didn't wear them out at all. I have seen comments about this before, do tires really matter in this game or should I generally just choose softs ? Also how does hardcore damage work ? Thanks.
Medium and Hard tires are really only useful if you're creating custom events with longer intervals between service areas. In any event the game generates for you, Softs are sufficient. The longest leg between service areas that you'll see is either two long stages, or one long and two short, and the soft tires are good enough for these distances, although there will be some noticeable degradation by the end. On tarmac, choose Wet weather tires if there are *any* wet stages at all in the current leg, otherwise choose Softs.

Hardcore damage is basically just how it sounds, it increases the amount of damage you take from collisions and increases the probability of getting punctures. It's still arguably more forgiving than real life.

The tires do make a difference, along with the surface type and degradation. Still, you really need to run a lot of distance to wear out softs. Like (for me) around 30kms on dirt before they show ‘worn’. If you slide and burn out a lot then they’ll probably last a little less.

Use softs if you’re doing the online CM generated events unless you find them too grippy compared to meds. Hards are pointless unless you’re running more than 60kms without changing tires.

@flatdarkmars @cjr3559 thanks guys for the helpful information, noted.
I've just completed the Historic H1 championship with the Fulvia. I must say I think this game is great, between this and WRC8 us really fans are completely sorted.

The 2019 World RX season has been added, along with almost all of the cars and drivers from the championship.

I prefer Rally like most people but the RX is fun and a change of pace so im fine with all the RX stuff, I just wish it was complete. With no Hyundai we are missing two big names in Timurzyanov and Gronholm. No SPA is a shame too.

Back