Dirt Rally vs Dirt4 vs WRC7 vs SLRE - Which is your favourite? ;)

• Thread starter torque99
  • 169 comments
So is SLRE worthwhile to buy on the PC? It is on sale during the Steam summer sale.

Most definitely worth it on any platform at a sale price. Be warned though that many PC users have complained of optimization and peripheral compatibility.

‘Pro Tour’ update:

When the feature works and the waits are short it’s actually kind of fun.

Managed to run a couple events, so that should be about 5 or 6 down of the 25 needed to get the trophy. And damn, I’m determined to get the Platinum. Other than keeping records, wish there was a way the game kept track of the stat.

I sit here waiting and waiting for people to join Pro Tour...

1/8, 2/8 then 3/8 and then, then, then....

It hangs on 3/8. And hangs. And hangs.

2/8, 1/8, 2/8....

No, 1/8. I’m all alone.

But wait! 2/8, 3/8, waiting, waiting, waiting...

Doh! I’m all alone again.

Surely there’s got to be fourth person out there somewhere...

Really? :ouch:

I sit here waiting and waiting for people to join Pro Tour...

1/8, 2/8 then 3/8 and then, then, then....

It hangs on 3/8. And hangs. And hangs.

2/8, 1/8, 2/8....

No, 1/8. I’m all alone.

But wait! 2/8, 3/8, waiting, waiting, waiting...

Doh! I’m all alone again.

Surely there’s got to be fourth person out there somewhere...

Really? :ouch:

That fourth person might not even be in your tier so you will never see him. Good idea this Pro Tour, but not for a game that doesn't sell millions and was also a disappointment to many who were expecting something different.

DiRT 4:

Just learned today the offline career medals your receive have difficulty meters. I won a Rally championship using the ‘Brutal’ difficulty and the meter fills up entirely and gives you a star. Kind of cool I suppose.

Makes me wonder if you can unlock something when completing the entire offline campaign on Brutal, like a livery or something.

Anyone accomplish this?

So far so good. Right from the start I was really impressed with the handling.

The handling just feels right and gets better as you progress through the different classes. It gives you the confidence to push for faster stage times & then once you've played through all the rallys up the difficulty level. I'm playing from the beginning now on 'hard' and really enjoying it, it's very satisfying to win at this level.

Hallelujah. Only one (should be) easy trophy remaing for Platinum.

You know, this achievement wasn’t too bad after all. It was just the painful wait times that were tiresome. And I don’t think the achievement description is entirely accurate. It seemed more like 25 stages, not 25 *events* since it came quicker than I thought.

D841B010-37E3-4F3C-A22F-29AC857045CD.jpeg

My last rally game was Colin McRae rally on ps1.
I want to play again a rally game and now that I've got a g29 I think it's about time I buy one.
Both dr and wrc 7 are on sale at 10€, which one would you prefer?
I think I'll buy wrc 7 but not sure yet.

My last rally game was Colin McRae rally on ps1.
I want to play again a rally game and now that I've got a g29 I think it's about time I buy one.
Both dr and wrc 7 are on sale at 10€, which one would you prefer?
I think I'll buy wrc 7 but not sure yet.
DR is the better if you want older cars, and a no brainer if you have PSVR.

WRC has a greater number of locations, and the current generation of WRC cars, but nothing historic.

Physics wise both are fine, with DR having the edge, DR is also the better looking title.

I've both and would say you will not go wrong with either, if you have a shifter for your G29 I would advise mapping the handbrake to 4th gear, makes life easier.

DR is the better if you want older cars, and a no brainer if you have PSVR.

WRC has a greater number of locations, and the current generation of WRC cars, but nothing historic.

Physics wise both are fine, with DR having the edge, DR is also the better looking title.

I've both and would say you will not go wrong with either, if you have a shifter for your G29 I would advise mapping the handbrake to 4th gear, makes life easier.

When I entered gtplanet after a long time didn't expect to see a post from Scaff. Glad to have you back!

I terms of variation of stages , WRC7 and SLRE have the upperhand on Dirt Rally. Sound and Graphic -wise Dirt Rally is the better one but handling, I honestly must say that I prefer SLRE. The control of the car is very nicely done and while Dirt does a very good job on loose surface, on tarmac it is clearly behind SLRE and maybe even WRC7. With all 3 you can't go wrong though. As @Scaff said, no historics on WRC7.

My personal preferences:

Graphics
  1. Dirt
  2. WRC7
  3. SLRE
Sound
  1. Dirt
  2. WRC7
  3. SLRE
Stages
  • WRC7
  • SLRE
  • Dirt
Carlist
  • SLRE
  • Dirt
  • WRC7
Handling
  • SLRE
  • WRC7
  • Dirt
Career
  • SLRE
  • Dirt
  • WRC7
What I absolutely love in SLRE is the way the rally driver "Loeb" is build into the whole structure. It is a nice touch and differs from the others ones. Very dry to say at least. So...

Presentation
  1. SLRE
  2. WRC7
  3. Dirt

Dirt Rally is by far the most erratic of the three regarding handling. Feels superb with rwd cars on Walles and it feels like complete **** on tarmac. FFB is very good with rwd cars and is nonsense with 4wd or fwd cars specially on tarmac.

Dirt 4 added decent tarmac physics but messed up completely the loose surfaces, specially with rwd cars.

SLRE is solid everywhere, but lacks on rwd cars. They dont loose the rear, which is a bit worrying. Besides that, perfection.

And WRC7, just like Dirt Rally and 4, needs lot of tuning on the ffb. Once you get it, it's quite good everywhere.

If Milestone were not afraid of competing with Kylotonn and Codemasters on hardcore rally games and if they hadn't a "fastfood" type of developing, they could make something VERY serious. Now they have the graphics, the sound, the physics, the content, the resources, the staff... etc to make a monster of a rally game.

But let's make another 4 million different videogames for 2019. :rolleyes:

Back