Disney+ MCU

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 451 comments
You're right; he's used to wielding money and power from the looks of things. Perhaps he sees superhumans as a threat to his privilege and dominance.
I think he remains true to his belief that they are a threat to all mankind & should all be destroyed alongside any person who can recreate more of them.
I don't believe he has any actual power or dominance left, just wealth? He did say his country was cannibalized & absorbed by the neighboring countries before the rubble was cleared, erased from the world. It'll be interesting to see what he does, because the last time he thought he had accomplished "eradicating" all the super soldiers, he tried to kill himself.

I think he remains true to his belief that they are a threat to all mankind & should all be destroyed alongside any person who can recreate more of them.
I don't believe he has any actual power or dominance left, just wealth? He did say his country was cannibalized & absorbed by the neighboring countries before the rubble was cleared, erased from the world. It'll be interesting to see what he does, because the last time he thought he had accomplished "eradicating" all the super soldiers, he tried to kill himself.
Wealth, indeed, is still power(Hey, he was able go to Mandipoor and be heard). Still has some clout, even though he was imprisoned for single-handidly splitting The Avengers.

As you say, it WILL be interesting what he does next. I mean, according to the timeline, T'Challa should still be alive. He probably gave the order to bring Zemo to Wakanda. They have the tech to find him, but if he gives the dora milaje the slip by the final episode, might be what Black Panther 2 covers, among other things(new King or Queen of Wakanda, etc.).

Before he threw it all away by murdering a world leader Zemo absolutely was privileged. He was a count who flies around in his own private jet. That sounds pretty 1% to me. (Tree'd)

Last edited:
Before he threw it all away by murdering a world leader Zemo absolutely was privileged. He was a count who flies around in his own private jet. That sounds pretty 1% to me. (Tree'd)
I don't deny he's privileged or had dominance. But, I don't think he was under any threat from super soldiers because he wasn't a villain. TMU, he was just royalty who served in his country's military, why would he fear them beforehand?

I also don't think he really threw all of it away, either? I mean, the events in Age of Ultron did not only wipe out his country, but also killed his entire family. That's what I meant by saying I don't believe he has any power or dominance left since his country & ruling power are gone. Now, he's just a wealthy dude with nothing to live for but making super soldiers pay for inadvertently taking away everything he had. I don't think he cared about his remaining wealth he still had if he intended to kill himself immediately following the Avengers' inner downfall. Having re-watched Civil War, I also don't think he had to really exercise any of his power or wealth he had left to accomplish his goal, he was just that determined and cunning to string everyone along with Bucky until he positioned himself to reveal he did everything.

I do see where you're coming from, though, as I've read theories that part of the reason he killed the remaining 5 super soldiers was so they couldn't be turned against him. Chalk it up to poor interpretation on my part.

Last edited:
Short post credit scene, at the end of Episode 5.
Those hammering metal noises were a nice callback.

Seinfeld lady really hammed it up this week, full on Disney villain mode. I understand her character Val was supposed to have been introduced in Black Widow.

Sharon calling in Batroc The Leaper for Karli... the plot thickens.

Last edited:
Man, next week is gonna be packed to wrap this up.

New suit, Power Broker reveal, maybe a big fight between not just Bucky, Sam, & the Flagsmashers, but also Walker & the Power Broker coming for Karli? Bucky finally providing closure for Yori?

Wonder if the reason Disney/Marvel hasn't made any comment about a Season 2 because at the end credits, the Falcon & the Winter Soldier tears away to Captain America & the White Wolf? :D

Last edited:
Man, next week is gonna be packed to wrap this up.

New suit, Power Broker reveal, maybe a big fight between not just Bucky, Sam, & the Flagsmashers, but also Walker & the Power Broker coming for Karli? Bucky finally providing closure for Yori?

Wonder if the reason Disney/Marvel hasn't made any comment about a Season 2 because at the end credits, the Falcon & the Winter Soldier tears away to Captain America & the White Wolf? :D

That'd be nice but

Ayo told Bucky to make himself scarce in Wakanda for a while after he jailbroke the guy who murdered their king. Can't see him taking up a Wakandan codename up soon.

Last edited:
Thought Val was setting up a meet with General Ross, for Walker as a Thunderbolts recruit.

I like the little A-Team moment, with trying to fix the boat that ended with them putting the tools down. :lol:

Guess we'll find out what happens to Zemo in BP2. Don't know if the raft will hold him.

Man, Batroc was not having it with Kari's agenda. I'm expecting backup for un-Falcon and the Snowman- I seriously doubt Isaiah Bradley is coming to the rescue. Sam has upped his skills, but he has no purple herb and no SSS. I'm thinking the other sound of the "hammer"... War Machine.;)

Can't wait.👍

That'd be nice but

Ayo told Bucky to make himself scarce in Wakanda for a while after he jailbroke the guy who murdered their king. Can't see him taking up a Wakandan codename up soon.
Ayo still calls him that in the last episode and this one (as I've read the name represents his freedom from the Winter Soldier) though, & she even accepts his request for a favor for Sam. I'm sure the warning is that the people of Wakanda will not be as understanding of Bucky's reason to free Zemo like she might.

Ayo still calls him that in the last episode and this one (as I've read the name represents his freedom from the Winter Soldier) though, & she even accepts his request for a favor for Sam. I'm sure the warning is that the people of Wakanda will not be as understanding of Bucky's reason to free Zemo like she might.
Fair enough. Maybe becoming the White Wolf is how he wins back the Wakandans' trust.

Finally caught episode 5 last night. I have to say, it was my favourite of the series so far - kind of felt like one of those "calm before the storm" type episodes.

Having said that, I'm liking this series less overall than WandaVision. My impression was solidified over the episode 4, which felt a bit disjointed to me, as if the editor(s) skipped over a couple of scenes that would've helped with the flow of the plot gel more.

Still, I'm thoroughly enjoying what MCU TV has been offering so far. If the first two shows are this strong, then I can't even imagine how good the upcoming Loki series will be.

Last edited:
Finally caught episode 5 last night. I have to say, it was my favourite of the series so far - kind of felt like one of those "calm before the storm" type episodes.

Having said that, I'm liking this series less overall than WandaVision. My impression was solidified over the episode 4, which felt a bit disjointed to me, as if the editor(s) skipped over a couple of scenes that would've helped with the flow of the plot gel more.

Still, I'm thoroughly enjoying what MCU TV has been offering so far. If the first two shows are this strong, then I can't even imagine how good the upcoming Loki series will be.
I think there was supposed to be a whole sub-plot involving a virus that's been cut, which explains why the flagsmashers were stealing medicine earlier in the series.

The latest trailer for the Loki series looks great.

Last edited:
I think there was supposed to be a whole sub-plot involving a virus that's been cut, which explains why the flagsmashers were stealing medicine earlier in the series.

The latest trailer for the Loki series looks great.

If true, then that's darkly ironic, isn't it - a storyline about a virus cancelled by an actual viral pandemic, probably.

Also, it was brought to my attention that...

That Contessa or whatever her full name was, is actually Madam Hydra in the comics. Not a big Marvel Comics fan, so I didn't know. So, uh, another iteration of Hydra coming soon? What are the odds of Powerbroker being a Hydra agent?

i think she was actually more to do with Leviathan so I wonder whether they're doing Leviathan again. If so it'll be the first major break with the previous TV series since Leviathan was a major part of the initial seasons of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Even more confusingly writer Brian M. Bendis decided to introduce a Leviathan organisation during his recent stint on the Superman comics which has also been brought to the small screen in recent episodes of Supergirl. A trademark lawyer's dream come true.

Last edited:
i think she was actually more to do with Leviathan so I wonder whether they're doing Leviathan again. If so it'll be the first major break with the previous TV series since Leviathan was a major part of the initial seasons of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Even more confusingly writer Brian M. Bendis decided to introduce a Leviathan organisation during his recent stint on the Superman comics which has also been brought to the small screen in recent episodes of Supergirl. A trademark lawyer's dream come true.

:confused:

Okay, whose Leviathan? I'm assuming it's yet another not-so-nice organisation? Also, Hydra and Leviathan? What's next, Kraken?

If we're dispensing with the spoiler tags then Megalodon sounds like a suitable candidate. Do the Japanese have any underwater kaijus?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
My wife tapped me and rolled her eyes, when the chair took out the shield.
She then says,"The thing cuts down trees and a stool takes out the shield! That's what I'll do. I'll take my desk chair with me to a fight.":lol:
Worse first 30 minutes ever.

Last edited:
Definitely want another season, I can't imagine Marvel/Disney won't green light with so much potential.

Is this the end for Batroc? I read previously on the Wiki he is affiliated with the Thunderbolts & that is something fans have speculated as incoming. I like St-Pierre as the character as well, his MMA background with the fight choreography has been praised in MCU.

Last edited:
Definitely need another season. Last 15 minutes require it. I'm sure we saw it coming, but wow, what a turn of character.

Once they introduced John Walker, Thunderbolts was expected. Pretty much confirmed with US Agent. How Dreyfus' character ties in with Gen. Ross, hope we get to see that unfold.

I enjoyed the whole season, except those first 30 minutes of Ep.6(too rushed and corny). So cringeworthy to me.
Now, onto Loki. :)

Definitely want another season, I can't imagine Marvel/Disney won't green light with so much potential.

Is this the end for Batroc? I read previously on the Wiki he is affiliated with the Thunderbolts & that is something fans have speculated as incoming. I like St-Pierre as the character as well, his MMA background with the fight choreography has been praised in MCU.

There has been rumoured that Movie #4 is in development.

A great way to end this series, the last twenty minutes or so of the episode 6. Other than what I think was the waste of a character reveal, things clicked pretty well. Not much else to add, other than I'm rubbing my hands in anticipation for Loki now.

Yeah, it was pretty solid stuff even if the random crowds whooping and cheering for Sam as if he were TV's Kid Flash were a little cheesy.

Don't know why, but this reminds me of the "You can do it!" guy from all those Adam Sandler movies. :lol:
I'm afraid I am unfamiliar with that genre of entertainment. :nervous:

TFatWS wrapped up a bit too quickly and neatly in its last episode, but was solid overall.

Sam makes a good Cap. His shield improv made me giddy. Movie with Bucky now, please. I enjoyed their chemistry.

Zemo stole the show.

I wouldn't mind a new series with young Isaiah.

Bring on Loki!

A young Isaiah show might be a tough sell without a Chris Evans cameo, especially with the built in downer ending.

The movie is on the way though.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...soldier-showrunner-malcolm-spellman-exclusive

If it turns out to be an Isaiah movie my jaw will drop to the floor. I would expect them to cover his story in a Young Avengers show though if the franchise ever gets that far and they further age up Tommy and Billy to match Eli, Kate, Cassie and America. If so they might throw Kamala Khan into the line up too.

Last edited:
Back