Disney+ MCU

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 439 comments
Wondering about the final scene. Is there any reason it can't be a woman?
For sure. Could be.
Thing that got me was, the cathedral scene. "Did you see who did it?"

That figure made me think it's you know who.

Another thing that's got my gears spinning, I haven't read or watched any speculations or reviews or anything about Loki. I'm just basing this from Phase4&5 news and predictions. Not what anyone has said, but my own thinking.
This Loki didn't know about his fate. I think the one running around saw his demise and is making sure it doesn't happen by not allowing time to reset. That's obvious. Only things are Season 2 and Dr Strange Multi-verse of madness.

If Kang the Conqueror is the next "villain", I wonder if he'll come into play.

I agree about JKgo's spoiler. Looking to be an awesome ride.

For sure. Could be.

Another thing that's got my gears spinning, I haven't read or watched any speculations or reviews or anything about Loki. I'm just basing this from Phase4&5 news and predictions. Not what anyone has said, but my own thinking.

I agree about JKgo's spoiler. Looking to be an awesome ride.
I believe the director has already confirmed the devil in the stained glass window isn't Mephisto, unless he's hiding a twist, I think the girl saw Loki with his armour and horns and that's why she points to the devil with horns in the window.

I also think by the end of the TVA either or both of the following will happen, Loki will die, again and the TVA will be destroyed/in dissarray leading to multiple timelines popping up all over.[/quote]

For sure. Could be.

I was thinking specifically of this woman:

lady_loki_black_bg.png

I was thinking specifically of this woman:

View attachment 1016700
Understood.

I believe the director has already confirmed the devil in the stained glass window isn't Mephisto, unless he's hiding a twist, I think the girl saw Loki with his armour and horns and that's why she points to the devil with horns in the window.

I also think by the end of the TVA either or both of the following will happen, Loki will die, again and the TVA will be destroyed/in dissarray leading to multiple timelines popping up all over.
I was thinking another time traveller, in Kang the Conqueror, but that character isn't due until the next Ant-Man & Wasp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Understood.

I was thinking another time traveller, in Kang the Conqueror, but that character isn't due until the next Ant-Man & Wasp.
It does look like they might be setting him up though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. What a cliffhanger. Can't wait for the next episode to see where they will take the show next.

Last edited:
I thought they were really jumping into the plot quick with this episode, but I just found out there's only 6 episodes altogether, so makes sense. I enjoyed it though. I'm more invested in it now than I was after episode 2 of F&WS, so this will probably end up my favorite Marvel series so far.

So, the third episode...

Oddly enough, I wasn't all that keen on it. I think it must've been the most expensive episode by far among all the MCU TV shows, what with all the special effects, costumes and set designs. But I wasn't as invested in it as the second or even the first episode. I thought the character moments during the...

...train ride sequence on the dying planet were just a bit baggy. And the chemistry between the two Lokis - oops, sorry, Silvie and Loki - wasn't as fun as it could've been.

It's also a bit on the short side as well, clocking in at just over forty minutes including the end credits.

Yeah, I'm not sold on that Loki. Seems a bit fishy. I mean, Laufie(Lofi? Lowfy?) is Loki's father. How the other Loki responds during their dialogue, I wasn't feeling it.

And then... the fourth episode.

Again, a bit baggy here and there, but overall, a better episode than the third one.

A few shocking turn of events that caught me totally off guard:

THEY KILLED MOBIUS?!?!?! Motherf🤬 😭 Nooo, I'm not getting my "Wow" now?! I was waiting for that! 😭

And then, they killed Hiddleston's Loki, too?! Okay, so he's not really dead, but still.

And the trio of Timekeepers were... as half of the internet had predicted, fakes. Psyche!

Edit: Ok, so...

Wait a bloody moment here, ones that get pruned aren't really dead, after all? They are sent to some weird-ass pocket dimension that acts as a garbage dump of sorts? Meaning, Mobius could be alive? Wow.

Last edited:
And then... the fourth episode.

Again, a bit baggy here and there, but overall, a better episode than the third one.

A few shocking turn of events that caught me totally off guard:

THEY KILLED MOBIUS?!?!?! Motherf🤬 😭 Nooo, I'm not getting my "Wow" now?! I was waiting for that! 😭

And then, they killed Hiddleston's Loki, too?! Okay, so he's not really dead, but still.

And the trio of Timekeepers were... as half of the internet had predicted, fakes. Psyche!

Edit: Ok, so...

Wait a bloody moment here, ones that get pruned aren't really dead, after all? They are sent to some weird-ass pocket dimension that acts as a garbage dump of sorts? Meaning, Mobius could be alive? Wow.
By the end of the episode I said wow myself.

I think we will see Mobius again, IIRC there were scenes with him in the trailers that we haven't seen yet much like scenes featuring Hiddleston that we haven't seen yet so I knew we hadn't seen the last of them, albeit there is no guarentee the scenes in the tralers havn't been cut/aren't different variants.

Overall a decent episode, a bit predictable in places though.

Last edited:
So, the fifth and the penultimate episode...

What a relief, Mobius is still alive. Still crossing my fingers for a 'Wow!' Anytime now.

In any case, I can't get a reading on Renslayer. Is it good acting or bad one? I can't tell at all. At this point I'm leaning 35/65 good/bad with her.

Also, I was sort of meh on the giant space cloud Galactus or from that Green Lantern movie, or whatever it was called.

Another 'meh' point was Old Loki and Kid Loki saying they'll stay because that ******** was their home. Nonsense, if you ask me. Not very Loki-like at all.

And finally, how easy was it for Silvie and Mobius to accidentally find the trio of Lokis? I was like, seriously? That easy? How small is that junk planet, then?! I know the show creators couldn't drag it out for too long due to time constraints, but still. Way too convenient.

Make no mistake, though. I did like the episode. I even chuckled politely in some of the moments, too.

Finale next week. Who will be the last boss behind TVA? My bet's on another Loki variant. I'm not sure Marvel would want to introduce a major antagonist this late into a TV show. Not enough screen time to build a repertoire with the viewers at home, I think.

Last edited:
That was huge. First, the title Marvel intro. This is going to be big for the next phase.

Next, nice reveal.

Endless stories by Disney/Marvel.

And then, season one's final episode...

I have thoughts.

So, Marvel did it again with the rug pull. I did NOT see the Kang the Conqueror reveal coming. It was always a possibility, sure, but I did not imagine they (Feige and Co.) would commit to the HUGE villain reveal to a small screen production. But there you go.

But the last sting of the 'altered' TVA? Now that's even sweeter. Oh boy. I can't wait for the season 2 now. I'm pretty sure it'll be at least one and a half, maybe two years away before we get the season 2, which will no doubt try to build up to the inevitable Fantastic Four movie sometime around 2023. What an agonising wait that will be.

Overall, I thought this series was the strongest of the three MCU shows so far. WandaVision is a very close second place and Falcon and the Winter Soldier a distant third. If only WandaVision's second half was as strong as the first, then it'd been the first in my ranking, but alas.

"What If" is up next. I used to enjoy anime and animations in general but haven't seen any in the past, what, six or seven years? Maybe even longer? I wonder if I'll enjoy "What If" as much as the first three.

So at a minimum, there are 1190 Lokis.

That's a lot of mischief.

Yes, I was busy and am just watching it now...

Also, I was sort of meh on the giant space cloud Galactus or from that Green Lantern movie, or whatever it was called.
Atleast this time the cloud in the movie represents an actual cloud in the comics, so it's an accurate representation. :D

Anyways, the series was great, very enjoyable. I really was hoping the main villain wasn't just another Loki, that would be boring af, and would raise questions on how a single Loki would master enough power to, well, do all that. Now, they introduced a new "Thanos level" villain, or multiple variants of him (?), that will be more than just a one-off villain.

This series finale explains the title of the next Doctor Strange movie. Before I started watching Loki, I thought it would just be based on the consequences of WandaVision, but turns out it might be a lot bigger than that. Also, given all the branched realities, Jane Foster as Thor in Thor: Love and Thunder, could be a variant from a different timeline and not this universe's Jane Foster.

These series are pretty much a must watch before the next movies.

Watching What if..? right now.

Edit: I was entertained the full 30 minutes. My wife loved the animation and said she enjoyed it as well.

Last edited:
I finished the first episode of "What If..?" and gotta say it went as well as I expected it to.

Which was... not well.

The best description I can think of is that it felt like watching a 30 minute-long 'highlight reel' of a two hour movie.

The pacing of it was relentless. Too relentless, in fact. No breathing room, no time to build characters, not enough time to set up stakes and whatnots. Everything felt rushed.

I guess the showrunners thought there's no need for any of that since we the audience are probably familiar with the characters and tropes already. But even so, I wish the show was at least an hour long to stretch some scenes and flesh out what I thought were important character moments.

As for the animation, I did like the painterly quality of it. I think the animators and the character designers wanted to keep everything as realistic as possible, with a few notable exceptions, but overall, the CG animation looked good.

If the rest of the series will stay with this rush-through-everything-to-fit-in-30 minutes-or-less template, then uh... I might as well not watch them.

Last edited:
I loved it myself and filled in the gaps from the original movie it was based on. I don't think most of us want to see the bits which are largely the same played out at length in animated form.

Anyway, I thought it was a better Wonder Woman than Wonder Woman. Looking forward to seeing what they'll do with the character in future instalments or even live action movies like Doctor Strange II if the rumours pan out.

Last edited:
I actually really enjoyed it. I watched it with my friend who hasn’t seen all the movies so it took some explaining, so I get it for those who aren’t up to date.

I enjoyed all the talk and foretelling of someone’s arm.

Last edited:
I actually really enjoyed it. I watched it with my friend who hasn’t seen all the movies so it took some explaining, so I get it for those who aren’t up to date.

I enjoyed all the talk and foretelling of someone’s arm.
If you're watching on Disney Plus they have a clip compilation show called Legends that may help people get up to date. Peggy is episode 10. Next week is a cross between Black Panther and Guardians Of The Galaxy so it may require a bit more explanation for the uninitiated.

Fitting send off for the late great Chad Boseman in What If...? this week although he might be back to cameo in one of the crossover episodes.

Karen Gillan was probably chomping at the bit to play against type in her supporting role as femme fatale.

This week's episode had a more coherent storyline and seemed less like a highlights reel IMO.

Last edited:
This week's episode had a more coherent storyline and seemed less like a highlights reel IMO.
This was what I came here to say. Beat me to it! :lol:

Glad I decided to see the second episode. It's a big improvement compared to the first one. Didn't see that twist coming, though. You know, the one with...

Thanos turning over a new leaf and all.

Last edited:
Yeah, Chadwick Bosemon recorded four episodes. Had me and my wife dying with the lordship of it all. :lol:

Oddly, Nebula's voice in the MCU, is more suited to her look in What if...? :lol:

Well, that episode was very Scooby Dooish. :lol:
Nat=Velma (clue cracking computer nerd)
Hulk=Scooby
Thor=Shaggy
Steve=Fred
Vers=Daphne
Fury=The local sheriff
Loki=The evil witch doctor

Although maybe Coulson was Daphne because he was crushing on Fred pretty hard. :lol:

Last edited:
Back