Disney+ MCU

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 435 comments
Finally caught up with the latest episode. Gotta say, I was surprised by how dark it was. Didn't expect that at all.

That doesn't mean I didn't like it, though. As a matter of fact, I quite enjoyed it and was happy about Disney willing to take a shot with such a dark storyline. I always assumed that the House of Mouse wouldn't do anything to... ahem, affect their toy sales by killing off such influential characters like that. But now I stand corrected.

Next week is supposed to be a Dr. Strange origin story, but a darker, more twisted version. Can't wait for that one now.

Finished watching the 4th episode earlier today. Another dark one. Me likey.

Thought I recognised a few of the "monsters" during the... you-know-what. It's a great episode, I'd say one of the strongest of the four shown so far.

On a side note, I keep fast-forwarding the credits to see if there's any mid- or post-credit scenes. How disappointing that there hasn't been one yet.

Last edited:
:lol: I tell my wife to do the same(she controls the remote, of course).

Yeah, I had to remember the main monster was from the distance past.

Anyway, hope we get to see some battles like that in Dr Strange 2: Witches Electric Boogaloo.

Just make it through to the end of the Zombie episode..... oh....
Yup, "oh..." indeed. :boggled: What a downer of an ending.

I know that most of What If comic books conclude in what you'd call downer endings, and it seems that the TV shows are following suit, too.

I liked the episode, but kind of felt like there was a lack of emotion to all of the deaths. I mean I guess they've seen a lot of it at that point, but it seemed off to me still.

I liked the episode, but kind of felt like there was a lack of emotion to all of the deaths. I mean I guess they've seen a lot of it at that point, but it seemed off to me still.
Yup, "oh..." indeed. :boggled: What a downer of an ending.

I know that most of What If comic books conclude in what you'd call downer endings, and it seems that the TV shows are following suit, too.
Definitely. I think recent deaths in movies are about no hope. When we watched Transformers and G.I.Joe, there was always hope. Then, The Transformers and G.I.Joe movies came out and Autobots getting dropped left and right. No return for Cobra Commander.
Jump to a movie like Amazing Spider-Man. Nope. Gwen is gone.

I think the MCU are trying to be more in line with, not all the heroes are making it out alive. They can be touched. The one liner still sticks with "You didn't see that coming?".

Just finished watching the latest episode and...

For some reason, I didn't feel it. It's been directed well, had a good pacing, and a solid episode overall (as usual) but something oddly felt... cold. Not sure how I can describe it, but that's what I felt.

Maybe I wasn't in the right mood or something. Who knows.

Last edited:
Just finished the third-to-last episode (apparently, one of the episodes had to be pushed back to season 2 due to the pandemic.)

It was okay, I get it's supposed to be lighthearted romp and all. Still, I've already forgotten most of it already other than the last scene stinger.

From what I hear, the last two episodes will be a two-parter involving the Guardians of Multiverse, assembled by the Watcher. Very curious to see how the dynamics of this... multiverse Avengers team will play out.

Finally saw the episode 8 last night. Trying to watch something when suffering from a fairly nasty bout of eye infection is definitely not fun but I managed somehow...

Other than the glaring continuity error from the last week's episode, it was another solid offering. The Infinity Stones-powered up Ultron sure was OP.

Finale next week, then a bit of break before Hawkeye series begins. Can't wait to see that one.

What was the continuity error? Was it that Uatu already saw Ultron last week but didn't mention it this week?

He was already overpowered if he could slice Thanos in half with a mind stone laser beam.

What was the continuity error? Was it that Uatu already saw Ultron last week but didn't mention it this week?

He was already overpowered if he could slice Thanos in half with a mind stone laser beam.
?

I assume you saw both episodes?

Then the continuity error should've been obvious?

?

I assume you saw both episodes?

Then the continuity error should've been obvious?
If it were obvious I wouldn't be asking. I already suggested the only continuity error I spotted.

Please stop beating about the bush.

Last edited:
If it were obvious I wouldn't be asking.

Please stop beating about the bush.
...At least you were polite about it.

At the end of the last episode, the Watcher watched in surprise as Ultron and its robot army invaded Party Thor's reality. Which implied that Ultron travelling to different realities was news to him.

But in this episode, the Watcher literally watched that version of Ultron alter the timeline of its reality and learn how to break through the walls separating realities to enter the Watcher's space. Meaning, the Watcher at the end of the last episode should not have been surprised by Ultron showing up in Party Thor's reality.

If that's not a continuity error, then not sure what else can qualify as one.

Maybe the Infinity Stones still being functional even in other realities? Even though as per the rules set out in Loki, that shouldn't be possible. I heard the explanation on this inconsistency so that's understandable, but the error from one episode to another that were supposed to be connected is a bit... sloppy.

Last edited:
That sounds like what I already said, but thanks. Maybe "Wait, what?" was rhetorical.

Last edited:
Some of the continuity was due to the series being made before Loki. Animated features take longer than live action.

I have to keep reminding myself cartoons are half an hour of solving the mystery: G.I.Joe, Transformers, Super Friends.

I need to see that Iron-Man & Gamora story. Like…right now!

Just binge watched all 8 episodes today.. Really good 👍 The last episode with Ultron was the best so far for me, can't wait for the next one :cheers:

Finally caught the last episode yesterday. Gave myself a bit of time to organise my thoughts, and...

Out of the four MCU shows so far, I feel that this was the weakest of the lot. Initially, I figured I would be put off by the animation but as it turns out, that's what I liked the best about the series. The painterly quality, smoothness of animation and character designs were definitely highlights in my book.

What's not so good were up-and-down qualities of each episodes. It's a series of vignettes so that's to be expected, I guess, but some episodes were rather forgettable, and the replaced voice actors, while doing their best no doubt, just stuck out to me like a bunch of sore thumbs.

I hope that the showrunners will take the lessons learned and put them to good use in the upcoming season 2.

For YouTube speculators, there's possibility of new characters being introduced, from the current crop of movies. So, hopefully, those actors will be able to voice their characters through Season 2.

Last edited:
So much coming. Hawkeye, She Hulk, Moon Knight, Loki S2, Ms Marvel, I Am Groot, What if…? S2, new episodes of X-Men ‘97, Spider-Man Freshman year, Armor Wars.

Let the first two episodes of Hawkeye play out. The Rogers musical was hilarious. Rewind scenes were cool. Other than that, don’t know what Disney are doing with this series. Hope… well, not really hope… but it needs to get better. Barely watched the second one.

Watched the first episode earlier tonight. I'm thinking of catching the second episode sometime later during the weekend.

As for my thoughts... I thought the first episode was intriguing if a bit... draggy? Is that even the right word I'm thinking about? Maybe "flat" is the better choice.

I genuinely enjoyed the opening flashback of the young Kate but after that... Not sure why, but there were pockets where I caught myself tuning out a bit. I've been feeling overworked lately, so that might be it... :boggled:

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed both episodes, to the point of the first episode finishing and me exclaiming to my son 'wow, that went quickly'.

Agreed that the Rogers musical was hilarious!

And Clint's laid back attitude and dry humour is going to make this an easy to watch and enjoyable series.

Looking forward to next weeks episode.

Let the first two episodes of Hawkeye play out. The Rogers musical was hilarious. Rewind scenes were cool. Other than that, don’t know what Disney are doing with this series. Hope… well, not really hope… but it needs to get better. Barely watched the second one.
I'm not sure what they're going for either, tonaly it seems a bit all over the place. The first episode was ok, the second was poor, there were a lot of scenes and threads that could have been left out entirely and didn't serve the story at all. So far I'm unsure, hopefully it'll get better.

Latest Posts

Back