"DJ" March, 4, 2007 "Saturday Night Drift, Or should I say Sunday Morning?"

• Thread starter Red_Line
  • 0 comments
Red_Line-
Well here is the new thread, good idea Suzuki đź‘Ť

I'll start this off with the first entry:

March, 4, 2007 "Saturday Night Drift, Or should I say Sunday Morning?"- Everyone was on kai at about 9:00PM, and just sort of hung around and chatted until 10:00PM. At that time Bee Dizzle, Max, Amaxx, Gonerasm, Darkest Hour, and myself started out the night with a warm-up run. We chose the usual stock cars on road tires, although Dark had no favourites, so he drifted a supra JGTC lol :dopey: . Soon after Dark had to leave and we rebooted.

Articzap, and sony show up and we start another session with them. We got a good amount of tandems and nice replays, particularly one run where Bee Dizzle and Sony tandemed for the entire 3 laps on midfield, which he recorded :) (dunno if he will post a vid though :crazy: ). Bee chose midfield 3 times that bitch :crazy: , and me and Max were pissed :ouch: , we ended skipping some replays to piss Bee off, and Bee got back by choosing mid-field AGAIN with a D1 car :ouch: . While the random grip racers seemingly showed up in our room seeing what we were doing(drifters heavily out-weigh grippers on kai, and always have no one to play with lol) Anyways this lasted until 12:00am where things were only starting to heat up.

We chose to take a break, and sony and ArcticZap left leaving only Bee Dizzle, Max, Amaxx, Gonerasm, and me left. This idea popped up:idea: to have a drift comp which we never have done before . We all chose S15's on roads, and picked Trial Mountain. The idea was to drift the last S-turn of Trial Mountain in pairs of two. They would switch from Follow and lead position, and best out of 3 runs would win. The other 3 people would post themselves along the turn and judge.

First Heat- was Bee and Max, Bee ended up winning after they had a close first run.

Second Heat- Amaxx and me, again a close first run, I won by a clean run, Ammax had spun.

Third Heat- Bee Dizzle and me, Beedizzle won enough said.

Fourth Heat- Bee Dizzle and Gonerasm, Goner was chosen as the wildcard so he faced him, Bee kept clean lines both runs, while Goner struggled to maintain. Bee won trying to hide his joy, by laughing.

In the end Bee had won the first drift comp we had ever done on Xlink.
I was thinking of doing the same thing but capturing the runs, and posting them on the competition drift board. Then people would vote for who advances. HMMM this is to be suggested on the board later, maybe Drift Dojo can help organize something like this.

Anyways by the time we finished our mini-comp it was about 1:30am Then decided to try another new concept out.
Idea was to drift together as a group. We try and do this normally, but this time we would chose a turn and keep doing it, trying to tandem. We did a turn on mid-field, and got a pretty decent tandem, doing it a second time I wasn't so well. Next run was last turn on deep forest. Max, Amaxx, and I hit a nice tandem. Bee's brakes started sticking so his run was messed. By the time this was over it was about 3:17am.
Stuff like this can really help improve peoples skills for tandeming. :)

The night was over, and I told Bee about the idea to randomly make this journal, he seemed anxious to see what I would write, at about 3:30am Articzap shows up on teamspeak (our means of communication through headsets) and doesn't care that he missed all the action, just remarks about how he is going to play single-player and make a drift vid.
Bee starts snoring on teampseak so I mute him.
Well thats about it I think I will get Bee to hopefully type some Journals up, just cause he plays on weekdays more then me . I hope to make what happens in the sessions more indepth. As well I think people are getting the feeling to make an Xlink Online Vid, I hope an Xlink Comp will creep into the Competition drift boards soon. đź‘Ť

PS: Goner get a mic

Link to Drift Journal Index : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/editpost.php?do=updatepost&p=2591788

Back