Do I need a Gameshark to use a SharkPort?

• Thread starter rjensen11
  • 12 comments
If I do, then I'd think it'd only be worth the GameShark, seeing that you can type all of the codes you need via any USB keyboard, not necessarily THEIR SharkBoard... But I can definatley see using your computer as a gigantic Memory card where you can dump all of your stuff on it when you need to clear out room for a new game, or want to have multiple games for GT3 with 1 card.

Originally posted by Simon Tibbett
You do need a sharkport to run gameshark. If you want to download off the world wide web.

Don't get him confused.

A Shark Port will allow you to save your memory card onto your PC. and like Simon just said, you can also download codes off the web.

But you don't need to have both.

A Game Shark will not allow you to save anything to your PC. However, you can still put in codes into your game, you will just have to do it manually. You can get codes off the web from www.gameshark.com but you will have to copy them down by hand or print them out and then plug them into the Game Shark.

The Shark Port is the most versatile choice.

I use Sharkport...a note to mention that in case you damage or lose your SP transfer disk, you can use the latest ver. of the GS2 disk in it's place to xfr. codes to your mem. card via USB.

Thanks gt3mikeylikesit, but I'm trying to decide betwix the two. From the looks of it, the SharkPort looks more practical. Since I already have 2 memory cards, and they cost anywhere between $25-35, that would pay for itself the next time I needed to get a new memory card. Plus, I could also backup my games in case my brother accidentally saves over them.

Well, I guess I'll just have to wait for a while. I just got TonyHawk3 for $16 and I got a second DualShock2 for $25. Before I only had one DS2, and I had two regular PS controllers. Oh well, maybe later, maybe Christmas, who knows.

Back