do u prefer the hadling in gt1 to the handling in gt2

• Thread starter GTMatt
  • 4 comments
I bought gran turismo 1 today for £2.99 from my favourite games shop. i have done 52.2% of GT2 and have decided to invest in my future after gt2. lol anyway i nticed how it is much easier to get oversteer and regain control o corners on gt1 and although its fun im not sure wether i prefer it to the handling on gt2. Also is their any way that you can check the game competion percentage in gt1?
post ur opinions below.

well, GT2 was basicly the diametric oposite of GT1 in terms of its physics engine. GT2 made it hard to get the rear end out at all, even on mid engined cars. It wasen't of the terminal understeer variety, but moreover all the cars seemed to have a near even balance. and being on the breaks or the gas didnt change it at all. For example, it's almost impossible to skid off the track nose first, or drift in GT2. GT1 however, was kind of arcade-ish because you could swing the tail out WAY wide without loosing any speed. In fact, I found it hard to turn In GT1 without wagging the arse. you simply couldnt keep the rear end planted in even the long arcing turns. I'd have to say I prefered the physics in GT2 better, because it emulated what is considered the best balance for a racing vehicle.

i agree with you. i do enjoy the fun drive in gt1 from how you can drift and gain control again so easily but i need my gt2 to balance it out and make up for the more realistic handling that gt1 lacks. I think i a mix of the two would be perfect. Maybe gt2 but with a little more slide in the cars handling would make it more fun however maybe not any more realistic. i'll have to wait a year to start driving lessons to find out what ultimate realism is, lol.

In fact i've changed my mind. I think if you forget the oversteer factor in gt1 it is much more realistic than gt2. When you think about it, to drive like a proper race driver without drifting every corner, it is actually a lot like the handling in gt3. you have to brake a lot more on corners than you do in gt2 but a bit less than in gt3. I read somewhere on here that someone said its great how you dont loose speed from drifting when in fact you do however it is not always entirely noticable.

anyone agree or oppose?

i like to read these kinda threads so please post your opinions.

peace out!

inferno
well, GT2 was basicly the diametric oposite of GT1 in terms of its physics engine. GT2 made it hard to get the rear end out at all, even on mid engined cars. It wasen't of the terminal understeer variety, but moreover all the cars seemed to have a near even balance. and being on the breaks or the gas didnt change it at all. For example, it's almost impossible to skid off the track nose first, or drift in GT2. GT1 however, was kind of arcade-ish because you could swing the tail out WAY wide without loosing any speed. In fact, I found it hard to turn In GT1 without wagging the arse. you simply couldnt keep the rear end planted in even the long arcing turns. I'd have to say I prefered the physics in GT2 better, because it emulated what is considered the best balance for a racing vehicle.
So that's why I don't get the same buzz from GT2 as from GT.

Back