Do you think the GT5 visuals will be better than FORZA 3's?

• Thread starter adam46
  • 49 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
Isle of Wight
AdamNeverKnows
I know the screenshots that are popping up look great, but they always gloss up screenshots. So it's a bit of an unknown quantity.

Yep, and dont forget both GT3 and 4 made new boundries in the PS2 graphics at the time.

*Click* that was the sound of this thread being locked

someone already has a GT5/Forza comparison thread which is also rubbish since they reduced the resolution of GT5 to match forza to 'make it a fair comparison' in the video. WTF!! let's see forza do 1080P at 60fps then do a comparisson.

To answer you question, GT5 is udoubtedly the better looking game. Compare any screenshot from the Tokyo track with any track from forza and you'll see. Better still, check this out...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3799082&postcount=388

someone already has a GT5/Forza comparison thread which is also rubbish since they reduced the resolution of GT5 to match forza to 'make it a fair comparison' in the video. WTF!! let's see forza do 1080P at 60fps then do a comparisson.

That probably says it all.............

GT5 will probably look better then Forza at least judging by how GT5:P looked. Forza still looks really good though and I don't really have any complaints. Something better is always nice but graphics are fairly unimportant in the grand scheme of things, as long as it looks decent enough for the system generation it's all good.

Forza 3 was in development for only 2 years. GT5 has been in development for 6-7 years? Yes GT5 will look much better than Forza 3. The GT series has always been about graphics. While Forza has always focused on gameplay, the community, then graphics last. I dont care how good it looks, I just hope it provides half the content and fun that Forza 3 has.

Last edited:
GT5 will probably look better then Forza at least judging by how GT5:P looked. Forza still looks really good though and I don't really have any complaints. Something better is always nice but graphics are fairly unimportant in the grand scheme of things, as long as it looks decent enough for the system generation it's all good.

This, and this:

Yes GT5 will look much better than Forza 3. The GT series has always been about graphics. While Forza has always focused on gameplay, the community, then graphics last. I dont care how good it looks, I just hope it provides half the content and fun that Forza 3 has.

I will add that I don't consider GT to be just about graphics, though it seems to be the only thing people care about.

I will add that I don't consider GT to be just about graphics, though it seems to be the only thing people care about.

No, it isn't only about graphics, just the main subject of this thread. :indiff:

Forza 3 was in development for only 2 years. GT5 has been in development for 6-7 years? Yes GT5 will look much better than Forza 3. The GT series has always been about graphics. While Forza has always focused on gameplay, the community, then graphics last. I dont care how good it looks, I just hope it provides half the content and fun that Forza 3 has.
Have you ever played a GT game?

Content is one of those things GT has more than any other racing game.

Last edited:
No, it isn't only about graphics, just the main subject of this thread. :indiff:

While I agree is the subject of this thread, there are a lot of members who instantly dismiss any other game that has inferior graphics to GT5. I believe they have misssed (and will miss) a lot of great games with that thinking.

Mhh for 100% sure... I´ve got FM3... My friend was here 3 days ago, he is not an racing enthusiast and he also does not know much about games... he mostly plays Pro evolution soccer... He got´s an PS3 and GT5P... I´ve showed him FM3 and his first words were "GT5P looks much better"

For all we know a more relevant comparison could well be GT5 vs Forza 4.

As it stands GT5 is vapourware until a definitive release date is given.

Forza 3 was in developement for two years because it was built on an already exisisting engine and used some of Forza 2's assets, while GT5 is being built from the ground - up since GT4.

GT5, will and does undoubtably look better than Forza 3.

GT has NOT always been about graphics. Did you ever see the first two GTs? Forza 3s main hype since its reveal were its graphics, thanks to Dan.

GT5 already has more than double the amount of content.

Forza 3 was in developement for two years because it was built on an already exisisting engine and used some of Forza 2's assets, while GT5 is being built from the ground - up since GT4.

GT5, will and does undoubtably look better than Forza 3.

GT has NOT always been about graphics. Did you ever see the first two GTs? Forza 3s main hype since its reveal were its graphics, thanks to Dan.

The development time on GT5 is still ridiculously long when compared to other games. Even building a new engine from the ground up and then a game shouldn't take that long if other games are anything to go by.

You've obviously seen the final build of GT5, care to fill us in on what all these wonderful features are?

But since I doubt you have actually seen it maybe you should stop comparing a released game to piece of vapourware.

Last edited:
A flame war waiting to happen.

Who cares which one looks better, does that automatically make GT better?

I am still surprised no one posted Pictures of Prologue VS FM3 .. Also FM3 looks DECENT, but really bad during game play compared to GT5 Prologue.

Basically yeah, five years of development.

GT has NOT always been about graphics. Did you ever see the first two GTs?

I have. And I remember reading somewhere that those graphics pushed the limits of the PS1, showing what it could do. You don't go to a PS1 expecting the graphics of a PS2, the same way you don't go to a PSP expecting the graphics of a PS3, hence why GTPSP is said to have "good graphics" (of course having in mind that it is a PSP game).

Which is awesome, but to me that's equal to having no content at all. Nobody can play it, so what's the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back