Do you want nostalgic content for Gran Turismo 7?

How hard should nostalgia hit Gran Turismo 7? Is it a crucial factor for you?

• Nostalgic contents are probably what I most want for GT7, so PD should really invest on that point.

Votes: 187 57.2%
  • It's not essential for me, but I would like to see a little bit of nostalgic stuff.

Votes: 124 37.9%
  • I really don't care about nostalgia. PD should always move forward and forget about the past.

Votes: 16 4.9%

• Total voters
Brazil
Brazil
wagnerFAM98
Does nostalgia affect you? As my signature says down here, I'm "fueled by nostalgia", so I consider this a very (if not the most) important point for the success of Gran Turismo 7.

But I would like to hear you guys about that, so please take the poll!

grand-valley-speedway-800x450.jpg

Yes, but with a modern twist.

For career mode, stuff like FR challenge, GT-R Cup, etc. are good ideas but they're confined to being easy, unbalanced, chase the rabbit, ridiculous AI rubberbanded snoozefests in GTS. Here are some fixes:
  • Let us have the option to chose how fast and aggressive we want the AI to be and let there be some kind of incentive to race at a higher level so people don't just fly through career mode without any effort.
  • Tune up or down all of the A.I. cars to the same performance point level so there isn't a 500hp R35 going against a 300hp R32 for example (I also think the PP system should return).
  • Bring back qualifying from GT3 so if someone doesn't mind starting in last, that's on them.
  • Get rid of the annoying rubberbanding that makes the racing feel so scripted and let the A.I. win or lose on its own terms.
If licenses make a comeback, they should be hard enough for one to feel accomplished by golding them but of course they shouldn't be GT3 gold or LH Time Trial Diamond difficult.

I have no objections to classic original tracks coming back. Deep Forest and Trial Mountain with PS5 GT graphics yes pls. Imagine the rays of light through the trees :drool:

Last edited:
I'm "nostalgic" for Shuiffle mode, I wouldn't mind if they brought that back.

I'm also "nostalgic" for an FFB system that doesn't have a vibration effect when cars understeer, just like in all previous games going back to GT3.

Yeah I would say GT nostalgia plays a big part in what I would like to see in the next game. I'm not going to be upset if none of it turns up and the game is something completely different though, in a good way of course.

I would love nothing more than to see all previous tracks turn up and certain cars, especially the JGTC cars from GT2, but I don't expect any of it.

I think Kazunori-san knows we all want our new Gran Turismo served up with a good dollop of nostalgia but he will do his own thing. He always does.

I'd love to see some nostalgia factor in the game, but obviously with a modern twist.
Old GT games felt like walking into a museum, and GTS only went and expanded on that with Brand Central and the "yearly facts" on the main screen. I'm sure they can keep pulling this off. Fingers crossed for seeing more oddball cars like in GT6, like the Dome Zero, the Cizeta, and the Autounion Type C (I know it's not that odd, but still very unusual to see) with the new system
Obviously everybody wants to see the classic tracks (myself included), as a small blast to the past

The stuff that warranted inclusion back in the old days probably still warrants inclusion now... but it's important that GT continues to create new nostalgia too, for the players of the future.

For example, I'd like those 90's JGTC cars because I like 90's JGTC cars, not because of nostalgia for the first game. Same goes for some of the Super Cars and some of the GT cars of the era... But, if resources are limited, and the choice is just getting the same cars each game or evolving the car list each time, I'd probably go for the latter.

I believe that the fan who will buy Gran Turismo 7 on the day-one will be looking for a high dose of nostalgia. Reliving Good Memories is one of the things our brain likes to do the most. So I would like to have the same magical feeling with the Next Game compared to the ones I experience when I visit the places and songs of my childhood... I think it's human nature... :embarrassed:

The stuff that warranted inclusion back in the old days probably still warrants inclusion now... but it's important that GT continues to create new nostalgia too, for the players of the future.

For example, I'd like those 90's JGTC cars because I like 90's JGTC cars, not because of nostalgia for the first game. Same goes for some of the Super Cars and some of the GT cars of the era... But, if resources are limited, and the choice is just getting the same cars each game or evolving the car list each time, I'd probably go for the latter.

I'm of this opinion as well. As much as I would love to see those cars update in stunning HD glory, if they don't make it into the game I'm in the privileged position I can go and play with them in the game they were in. And that being the case, as long as the car list expands with new to the series vehicles I will be happy.

I'd prefer more latest cars than older ones, but I sure appreciate older cars too. It's about balance, I wouldn't want only the modern or only classic, but a mix of them. But surely I'd love more cars from 2020 and beyond than some 50s car.

I think nostalgia is a crucial factor for Gran Turismo... it’s the reason why GT SPORT is considered the worst GT by some.

I’d like GT7 to have nostalgic bits from all previous GTs. The most important bits of course being original tracks (the list is huge), many typical GT cars (most importantly JDM cars), typical GT music (my favorites are from GT2 and GT5, though the genres vary), detailed tuning (with proprietary tuning brands like Mazdaspeed and Muge, anyone) and race modifications... there’s so much pontential in nostalgia :)

I wanna say, I feel like PD is aware of how much power nostalgia has on GT players, GT5 is full of this, as well as GT6.

I think nostalgia is a crucial factor for Gran Turismo... it’s the reason why GT SPORT is considered the worst GT by some.

I’d like GT7 to have nostalgic bits from all previous GTs. The most important bits of course being original tracks (the list is huge), many typical GT cars (most importantly JDM cars), typical GT music (my favorites are from GT2 and GT5, though the genres vary), detailed tuning (with proprietary tuning brands like Mazdaspeed and Muge, anyone) and race modifications... there’s so much pontential in nostalgia :)

I wanna say, I feel like PD is aware of how much power nostalgia has on GT players, GT5 is full of this, as well as GT6.

For me, I think the biggest issue with the historical GT tracks is that they come across abit arcadey with big curbs and the like . Now that's fine if that's the route that they want to go down but I feel with the new crop of tracks seen in GTS is that they're attempting to create believable real like variations such ask Lake Maggiore.

Now, I know Kaz has commented previously on the older tracks not working at a higher quality render because the proportions are not quite right, so that may be the crux of it, but I would like to see some of the classics evolve into something a little more 'believable'. (Just not Tilke-dromes)

When I'm thinking about nostalgia, I'm remembering back to 2014. At the evenings when I didn't play online with my friends, I was just lurking around the custom race modes menu, playing mostly night races. So I want back the option to have night time on all tracks.
I'm also waiting for the comeback of the PP system (because there are some really OP cars in GTS, like the XBOW, Miata Touring Car, Toyota Concept). I wish we can get back also the licenses, because feeling the journey and receiving skills by winning in different categories is just numero uno for me. Not mentioning that huge emotional bomb at the end of the GT6 career, aka the credits. Listening to the iconic "We Are One" song is just breathtaking after all the races and effort I've done to reach this ending video.
When I'm thinking about nostalgia, I mean emotions, that gives a soul to every part of the Gran Turismo series. I have high hopes for GT7 now. Thanks for the thread.

For me, I think the biggest issue with the historical GT tracks is that they come across abit arcadey with big curbs and the like . Now that's fine if that's the route that they want to go down but I feel with the new crop of tracks seen in GTS is that they're attempting to create believable real like variations such ask Lake Maggiore.

Now, I know Kaz has commented previously on the older tracks not working at a higher quality render because the proportions are not quite right, so that may be the crux of it, but I would like to see some of the classics evolve into something a little more 'believable'. (Just not Tilke-dromes)
Yeah, but say, Dragon Trail’s chicane of death with its terrible and unrealisticaly placed curbs are totally fine :D

they could just change the curbs...

Let's put it this way:

I would be perfectly satisfied if PD only releases nostalgic content, everything that they ever have released since 1997, but in full 4K Quality...

For those who have never play the old content, this would be just as good as brand new content...

Win win situation...

Old content remastered to PS5 standard is the same thing as new content.

Edit: I am happy to see that most of us have voted for nostalgic content.

Nostalgia sells... See the Nintendo Minis, see FF7 re-released... Why PD wouldn't want to take advantage of that?

I believe that the fan who will buy Gran Turismo 7 on the day-one will be looking for a high dose of nostalgia. Reliving Good Memories is one of the things our brain likes to do the most. So I would like to have the same magical feeling with the Next Game compared to the ones I experience when I visit the places and songs of my childhood... I think it's human nature... :embarrassed:

I will be a day-one buyer as I have always been (with the exception for GTS /PS4) IF GT7 has a large portion of nostalgia.

If there is little nostalgia, it will depend on what type of content GT7 has, before I decide to be a day-one....

If it is more or less the same as GTS... I will just hold out

Last edited:
Nostalgia sells... See the Nintendo Minis, see FF7 re-released... Why PD wouldn't want to take advantage of that?

That's right, I can give more examples: Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Mafia 1-2, Wreckfest (that is nostalgia for FlatOut lovers...), CoD remasters etc etc. PD should focus on all players as they say. And this includes old school fans also, not just the new players who loves multiplayer more. I would be glad if we get the next game like GTS (every feature) + GT5/6 (every feature except the standard cars) as a mix.

I want nostalgic content, I want the washing machine back, I want body kits back, I want classic tracks back (Seattle Circuit, Im'a lookin at you!) and El Capitan and the likes. I want the GT2-4 style map layout, I want more smooth jazz, I want dynamic day/night /rain intensity transitions.

Basically every cool thing from GT1-6 . Thats what is GT Nostalgia to me.

Oh, and the ability to remove songs from race playlists, because Sport's setup is annoying.

Back