Do you want nostalgic content for Gran Turismo 7?

How hard should nostalgia hit Gran Turismo 7? Is it a crucial factor for you?

• Nostalgic contents are probably what I most want for GT7, so PD should really invest on that point.

Votes: 187 57.2%
  • It's not essential for me, but I would like to see a little bit of nostalgic stuff.

Votes: 124 37.9%
  • I really don't care about nostalgia. PD should always move forward and forget about the past.

Votes: 16 4.9%

• Total voters
I would like to see certain things back, race mods would be amazing but I think perhaps too much to expect since it effectively doubles the car count. Body kits would alleviate that to some extent.

A bigger and better structured career mode. Perhaps having different classes able to take part in events, so the FF Cup would have a class for low powered cars and classes for mid and high powered cars.

A large range of events, have different classes where applicable to keep the events relevant for cars of differnt power and performance levels.

Bring some of the classic cars from older GT games back but its also important to keep introducing newer cars too.

Update some of the older tracks to fit in with the newer hardware a game direction.

Bring back the uded car dealers and car wash.

I think they should bring back the Touring cars from GT2 (Ford Mondeo, Audi A4, Peugeot 406 Alfa Romeo 155, Nissan Primera, Volvo S80 Renault Laguna and Vauxhall Vectra)
That would be a hoot, as I've never experience super tourers in a video game...

I think a mix would be good. Some things could be evolved, like having the RM system return as a way to obtain the Gr.3, Gr.B, and Gr.4 cars. But I also like the idea of new features/events, too. I certainly don't mind the mix of old and new events in GTS' GT League, for example.

Last edited:
I think for GT7 bringing back some fan favourite cars and some of the legacy tracks would be great, but I don't want a game that is only nostalgia content because then it does two things for me; One it prohibits me from having new experiences to make future nostalgia with. Two, it ties the game down a bit and makes it feel like a cash job. And I'd rather not have another cash job like GT6. I'd rather a GT game with soul and effort put into it.

One thing I do wish they would bring back from nostalgia, as you will, is the menus having different themes. I want the dealership to play classy jazz and bossa nova like GT5 did. And the garage to play it's own playlist, same from Mileage Exchange, livery editor, etc.

I'd love some nostalgia in GT7. I for one have grown attached to the original compositions in GT games like East City theme from GT2 and West City from the same game.. East City was remastered and placed in GT4. I'd love for the nostalgic ost to be brought back. I miss cars like the Copperhead LM and Cerbera LM so having those would be wonderful as well. I'd also love there to be more classic cars again. Having a first gen RX-7 like there was in GT2 would be nice. I'd like to see the Polyphony Digital cup return as well in addition to events like 80's sports car cup.

Off topic but 'new' things I'd love to have in GT7 are NSU(now.. well for a long time defunct) vehicles whom were the first car manufacturer to produce a Wankel rotary powered car. For the first time in the series having SCCA/IMSA race cars would be amazing like the legendary record breaking class wins GTU RX-7's and GTO RX-7's etc.

Last edited:
For a full pleasure I need only two things - every track and car from previous installments and course generator or editor that will not be shutdowned after release of GT8 like it was with GT6.

But most of all finally seeing new incarnation of the Toyota Esso Ultraflo burning rubber longwise Special Stage Route 11 are my biggest wish.

With Porsche available to all games, I call the return of these

We had the F1, CLK, GT-One, Panoz, etc. Bring them back in the proper class.
Viper GTS can return and we have the 993 RS CS and 996. The race cars would be easy to add.

One of the biggest missed opportunities in my opinion was the lack of a GT1 event in Gran Turismo 4. They had pretty much all the cars needed for such competition, but they never did it for whatever reason. Now with the Porsche licence, they can (hopefully) do it properly for GT7.

The ultimate version would be, take every feature, function, track and car from every version, keep the better version of identical items and put them altogether in a nice clean ui. I'd gladly pay a premium price for that.

I really do think that the main matter for PD is EXPERIENCE in developing games for 22 years. Experience means learning from past mistakes (GT Sport developement strategy contains many) and improving what was most successful. I know they are working in that direction for GT7, and the way Trial Mountains looks like in the trailer is a good proof of it and it is not a coïncidence if they decided to tease us with this emblematic track reworked that way because it is looking more like à réal world mountain race track ( I first believed for a few seconds it was the circuit of Charade in France) than an d'arcade feeling circuit.
I mean we will find a lot of Old stuffs reworked in GT7... But we will also find out that it has grown up

... but actually the Old stuffs I’d like more to find back in gt7 is a track editor à bit more advanced than in gt5,a livery editor, my Garage from gt5, 6 and Sport, and my liveries from gt Sport . For the rest I completly trust PD, expect for one thing : I'd really love to get à drivable world mode where you can cross friends in streets or roads like à suburban area in Japan, USA or Europe depending on where you decided to attach your home section

I also thought of the return of à crossed experience like in gt5 and gt6 between career mode, driving School and opening levels for Sport mode to balance the abilities of players to race properly and in almost the same level of skills to make Sport mode the "crowning" top of the Game.... Making the whole experience in GT7 feeling like à racing career.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but with a modern twist.

For career mode, stuff like FR challenge, GT-R Cup, etc. are good ideas but they're confined to being easy, unbalanced, chase the rabbit, ridiculous AI rubberbanded snoozefests in GTS. Here are some fixes:
  • Let us have the option to chose how fast and aggressive we want the AI to be and let there be some kind of incentive to race at a higher level so people don't just fly through career mode without any effort.
  • Tune up or down all of the A.I. cars to the same performance point level so there isn't a 500hp R35 going against a 300hp R32 for example (I also think the PP system should return).
  • Bring back qualifying from GT3 so if someone doesn't mind starting in last, that's on them.
  • Get rid of the annoying rubberbanding that makes the racing feel so scripted and let the A.I. win or lose on its own terms.
If licenses make a comeback, they should be hard enough for one to feel accomplished by golding them but of course they shouldn't be GT3 gold or LH Time Trial Diamond difficult.

I have no objections to classic original tracks coming back. Deep Forest and Trial Mountain with PS5 GT graphics yes pls. Imagine the rays of light through the trees :drool:

They should have diamond licenses as extra for the A+ crowd.

I like nostalgic stuff myself. GT5 was my first GT though so I don’t think it’s that big of a deal for me!

Heard Kaz said this would be the past, present and future of GT so I would want every good thing from the past in GT7. I'm so hyped that I'm worried. I skipped GT6 and GT Sport so I hope this is good.

Do people think GT revolutionalised console racing by recycling content from games 20 years prior?

GT7 should focus on content that makes people nostalgic for GT7 in 20 years time, not recycling the same content over and over for the sake of it. Otherwise you get a stale game.

It needs to evolve.

Do people think GT revolutionalised console racing by recycling content from games 20 years prior?

GT7 should focus on content that makes people nostalgic for GT7 in 20 years time, not recycling the same content over and over for the sake of it. Otherwise you get a stale game.

It needs to evolve.
Can you imagine the GT7 without Nürburgring...?

Can you imagine the GT7 without Nürburgring...?

No, but that's not nostalgic, because you still have it in GT and every other competitor right now. You cant be nostalgic for things you still have.

Theres a difference between cars and tracks of historic importance being included in a game, and including self-referential content like menu music solely because it appeared in other GT games.

Its why I dont think nostalgia is a good justification for describing what people want here. If you think there should be content from past games included, there should be a good rational reason for it to be included in 2020. Personally I dont think 'It reminds me of Gran Turismo 3' is a good reason.

Last edited:
No, but that's not nostalgic, because you still have it in GT and every other competitor right now. You cant be nostalgic for things you still have.

Theres a difference between cars and tracks of historic importance being included in a game, and including self-referential content like menu music solely because it appeared in other GT games.

Its why nostalgia really isnt a good word for describing what people want here. If you think there should be content from past games included, there should be a good reason for it.
I cited the Nürburgring as old material that is always returning.
I think this is basic. Good things from the past must always be present.

Back