Do you want nostalgic content for Gran Turismo 7?

How hard should nostalgia hit Gran Turismo 7? Is it a crucial factor for you?

• Nostalgic contents are probably what I most want for GT7, so PD should really invest on that point.

Votes: 187 57.2%
  • It's not essential for me, but I would like to see a little bit of nostalgic stuff.

Votes: 124 37.9%
  • I really don't care about nostalgia. PD should always move forward and forget about the past.

Votes: 16 4.9%

• Total voters
No, but that's not nostalgic, because you still have it in GT and every other competitor right now. You cant be nostalgic for things you still have.

Theres a difference between cars and tracks of historic importance being included in a game, and including self-referential content like menu music solely because it appeared in other GT games.

Its why I dont think nostalgia is a good justification for describing what people want here. If you think there should be content from past games included, there should be a good rational reason for it to be included in 2020. Personally I dont think 'It reminds me of Gran Turismo 3' is a good reason.

Reading this forum over the last week it's alarming how many people seem to just want the exact same old games, but with a fresh lick of graphical paint and not much else.

I cited the Nürburgring as old material that is always returning.
I think this is basic. Good things from the past must always be present.

But it's not though is it, it's current material. You're playing it right now. Nostalgic stuff is things that don't currently exist any more, and you want them back.

Last edited:
Do people think GT revolutionalised console racing by recycling content from games 20 years prior?

GT7 should focus on content that makes people nostalgic for GT7 in 20 years time, not recycling the same content over and over for the sake of it. Otherwise you get a stale game.

It needs to evolve.
It can evolve and pander to nostalgia, look at FF7 remake. Obviousely you aren't bringing back the exact same content that was in previous games, you are evolving it to the modern standards. It's not lacking evolution to include older tracks or cars from previous games. However they do need to work on keeping it fresh at the same time. The whole game shouldn't be one big nostalgia blast, but if they blend the new with old effectively it can work really really well.

You have to remember the purpose of gaming is escapist fun, so what people find most fun should be what they do. You can go too far the other way and change things just because you want it to be new or unexpected, but that can backfire massively if the new content isn't as fun as the old. I find Grand Valley a much more fun track layout that St Croix for example. So you need to try and find the right balance.

No, but that's not nostalgic, because you still have it in GT and every other competitor right now. You cant be nostalgic for things you still have.

Theres a difference between cars and tracks of historic importance being included in a game, and including self-referential content like menu music solely because it appeared in other GT games.

Its why I dont think nostalgia is a good justification for describing what people want here. If you think there should be content from past games included, there should be a good rational reason for it to be included in 2020. Personally I dont think 'It reminds me of Gran Turismo 3' is a good reason.
Agree, I will always think of rational reasons other than being similar to previous games to add up a past content, and others should think like this too. Like for example, want to bring tuning back not because GT1-GT6 have it, but because GT is a simulator and therefore they have to carry an educational factor.

But it's not though is it, it's current material. You're playing it right now. Nostalgic stuff is things that don't currently exist any more, and you want them back.
I'm not talking about nostalgic material in this post. I was answering @ShiftingGears the question that bringing old material doesn’t mean it’s outdated

I would like to see nostalgic content (cars, tracks etc) but I certainly don't want the game itself to be entirely nostalgic.

Gran Turismo as a game hasn't evolved much over its generations. It's still the same formula with a lot of similar gameplay elements.

Every release seems to focus on adding many 'things', but not so much making differences to the actual game and game progression.

I guess you could argue that's what makes it GT but I would love to see them radically switch things up.

Last edited:
I want a more competitive car list like FM7. Not robotic concepts like VGTs.
Amen. GT needs all of the classics, we want to experience those cars. Their behavior on the road. We want to tune them and customize them.

Whenever I see a VGT I think of generic, boring, fake, futuristic Ridge Racer cars on rails. Really tired of them.
tenor.gif

The whole game could be VGTs. The point is, how can PD utilise the content better, than it has in the past?

Looking at Sunday Cup from GT3-GTS, it's the exact same thing. However, we had, at least, qualifying in the earlier games. PD can bring back qualifying, but how else to make it different, better?

GTS have racing etiquette videos. That's something new. In the past(GT4), a GT-R Pace Car would lead players around a circuit. What is something new PD can bring to the GT7 experience? That follow the pace car can be brought back. How can PD improve that? How can players new to the series, use that as a guide to learning circuits?

Data. PD have all the data. Car sales, fastest laps, fuel comsumption on every car, player behavior. What can PD do with that data to make a totally new experience, while still using nostalgic content?

I don't mind another start at Sunday Cup, but what's going to make it fresh and replayable for the life of GT7?

I would like to see nostalgic content (cars, tracks etc) but I certainly don't want the game itself to be entirely nostalgic.

Gran Turismo as a game hasn't evolved much over its generations. It's still the same formula with a lot of similar gameplay elements.

Every release seems to focus on adding many 'things', but not so much making differences to the actual game and game progression.

I guess you could argue that's what makes it GT but I would love to see them radically switch things up.

Yeah, the nostalgic part I really want with no questions are, obviously nostalgic content, bring back all/most of them as much as you can. And the one I think there are no bad things to involve nostalgic content, that those who ask GT to stop living in the past also have to ask which past one that are actually good, without any drawbacks, no problems at all with more contents, especially if those are the good ones from the past.

Amen. GT needs all of the classics, we want to experience those cars. Their behavior on the road. We want to tune them and customize them.

Whenever I see a VGT I think of generic, boring, fake, futuristic Ridge Racer cars on rails. Really tired of them.
tenor.gif

Do you think that Classics are different from "competitive" car list?

The whole game could be VGTs. The point is, how can PD utilise the content better, than it has in the past?

Looking at Sunday Cup from GT3-GTS, it's the exact same thing. However, we had, at least, qualifying in the earlier games. PD can bring back qualifying, but how else to make it different, better?

GTS have racing etiquette videos. That's something new. In the past(GT4), a GT-R Pace Car would lead players around a circuit. What is something new PD can bring to the GT7 experience? That follow the pace car can be brought back. How can PD improve that? How can players new to the series, use that as a guide to learning circuits?

Data. PD have all the data. Car sales, fastest laps, fuel comsumption on every car, player behavior. What can PD do with that data to make a totally new experience, while still using nostalgic content?

I don't mind another start at Sunday Cup, but what's going to make it fresh and replayable for the life of GT7?

GT-R pace car is a testament of how GT4 has so many Licenses (time trial is divided into Pace Car and standalone one). I don't know if people are okay with having that many Licenses, Licenses got some unfair hate. But pace car should really be utilized; GTS featured multiple damn Safety Car. Though now I'm confused what separates Circuit Experience from Licenses now (Licenses are part of that because you drive on a section of a track).

For Sunday Cup, it's just that any game has a starting event/mission? GT just names it Sunday Cup. It's more like, "How do you make a game's beginning different?".

It's gotta be the perfect fusion of past present and future, with regards to the cars, tracks and features. And I do agree that it should have a much larger and more diverse car list, somewhere around the lines of over 650 or 750 cars at launch.
Well yeah, you need to have as much cars as that for UCD to work. Other than GT1, GT games with UCD has huge amount of cars.

Yeah, the nostalgic part I really want with no questions are, obviously nostalgic content, bring back all/most of them as much as you can. And the one I think there are no bad things to involve nostalgic content, that those who ask GT to stop living in the past also have to ask which past one that are actually good, without any drawbacks, no problems at all with more contents, especially if those are the good ones from the past.

Do you think that Classics are different from "competitive" car list?

GT-R pace car is a testament of how GT4 has so many Licenses (time trial is divided into Pace Car and standalone one). I don't know if people are okay with having that many Licenses, Licenses got some unfair hate. But pace car should really be utilized; GTS featured multiple damn Safety Car. Though now I'm confused what separates Circuit Experience from Licenses now (Licenses are part of that because you drive on a section of a track).

For Sunday Cup, it's just that any game has a starting event/mission? GT just names it Sunday Cup. It's more like, "How do you make a game's beginning different?".
Easy. Sunday Cup can remain. Every time a player completes those three-whatever races, when they go back to it, the tracks and conditions change.

Sunday Cup put a limit on power and the type of car. It doesn't have to be so. Somew players Pre-order or maybe import their garage, plus the initial gift car when starting. Whatever car they choose, the computer can select the race to be multi-class or One Make or same brand cars. If a player custromises their car and enters Sunday Cup, AI cars match the user car performance. It's easy to do.

Not for nothing, I forget the Forza game, maybe it was F2 or F3( I think it used Jeremy Clarkson's voice), once I finished a tier, I would go back to it from the beginning and all the races would change. That's how I enjoyed that game. It always started with the slow hatches and finished with race cars, but just changing the circuits made it fun to me.

Sunday Cup can increase AI difficulty as the player increases experience. Add a slider for AI, good competitive AI and replayability goes up.

The year is 2074. Most of civilization have been wiped out, but PD still remain. Their latest game, GT34, still features the Sunday Cup.

Seriously folks, why do you want the exact same game over and over? Throw it all in the trash, start fresh and build upon the ideas from Sport, but applied to a single player campaign that isn't just the same old thing...again.

All I want are proper Custom Race options, competitive AI to race against and a larger replay save system. Sunday Cup can disappear or be revamped. I'm not losing sleep over it.

The year is 2074. Most of civilization have been wiped out, but PD still remain. Their latest game, GT34, still features the Sunday Cup.

Seriously folks, why do you want the exact same game over and over? Throw it all in the trash, start fresh and build upon the ideas from Sport, but applied to a single player campaign that isn't just the same old thing...again.
This kind of argument is irrelevant in this thread.

Sem título.png

Last edited:

Well it ts up to PD in 54 years time if they have Sunday Cup or not, and I like the Sunday Cup so just leave it in the game.

You can't just keep the past in the past and forget all about it... Change is needed but some things should never be changed.

I seriously don't get why there are so much people saying stuff like: "it's time to move on" or "not this again" or "enough of recycling content". I mean, of course I respect all of your opinions, but if something is good, remarkable and enjoyable, isn't it supposed to keep being part of the next installments? Having classic tracks and the traditional Sunday Cup as mentioned here will not disable PD for creating new features and improvements, that's kinda logical, you know...

Some of you are missing the human side of nostalgia. It's not just tracks and cars, it's the experience. The people. The moments. The time. There is nothing wrong with bringing some of that back, along with the new and improved, which even the "old farts" want. I guarantee that some of the people dismissing nostalgia are nostalgic about something (or will be soon).

Eventually, it all goes away.

Nostalgic Content but in a mix of new ideas.

Fun to play and earn / unlock, not boring race 5-10 laps again and again...like GT League.

I want see the return of tracks that haven't been seen since GT2, like Grindelwald and Red Rock Valley, as well as many of the other fantasy tracks we haven't seen in GT for a long time. I want to see the return of license tests and I want them to be as hard as they were in the PS1/PS2 days. And I want body modifications to make a return. I also want the offline game to focus on the zero-to-hero progression that made the older games so much fun. The later games in the series it seems like it was way too easy to gain obscene amounts credits early and easily. If the online time trials events make a return, and I'm sure they will, I hope they don't break the progression like they did in GT6. They were one of my favorite things to do but it would be cool if the rewards were exclusive unlocks or something other than a crap ton of currency.

Easy. Sunday Cup can remain. Every time a player completes those three-whatever races, when they go back to it, the tracks and conditions change.

Sunday Cup put a limit on power and the type of car. It doesn't have to be so. Somew players Pre-order or maybe import their garage, plus the initial gift car when starting. Whatever car they choose, the computer can select the race to be multi-class or One Make or same brand cars. If a player custromises their car and enters Sunday Cup, AI cars match the user car performance. It's easy to do.

Not for nothing, I forget the Forza game, maybe it was F2 or F3( I think it used Jeremy Clarkson's voice), once I finished a tier, I would go back to it from the beginning and all the races would change. That's how I enjoyed that game. It always started with the slow hatches and finished with race cars, but just changing the circuits made it fun to me.

Sunday Cup can increase AI difficulty as the player increases experience. Add a slider for AI, good competitive AI and replayability goes up.
Like GT2's Random Courses for Manufacturer events? (Does going back to completed events reset your stats?)

So basically remove GT's zero-to-hero progression? Sunday Cup is just the name of the entry level event. If you want to change it, make GT like, instantly start with the top cars (or grueling event) at the beginning?

I seriously don't get why there are so much people saying stuff like: "it's time to move on" or "not this again" or "enough of recycling content". I mean, of course I respect all of your opinions, but if something is good, remarkable and enjoyable, isn't it supposed to keep being part of the next installments? Having classic tracks and the traditional Sunday Cup as mentioned here will not disable PD for creating new features and improvements, that's kinda logical, you know...
People think those that are "good, remarkable, enjoyable" in the past are only that because of the nostalgia goggles, where in reality those are bad and outdated now and only good in their time, and won't accept the alternatives like those that think they are genuinely good without being biased to nostalgia with strong reasons (I always try to give reasons other than nostalgia to include them, like those that think "GT car list are outdated"... bruh GT includes obscure cars, some of the past cars, even if they're in most GT games, are not present in many other games, let GT have the perks of including them even if you see them over and over). Probably people (including me) got fed up with those that truly are that blindly nostalgic (double standard where "Any film/song/videogame/etc. made after a certain year is bad. Anything made beforehand is good. Regardless of actual quality."), but the counteract to it is be blind as well where they think "any past stuff is bad and only good because of nostalgia filters". where I wonder if people are also crying of bringing back the tuning because it's all a past content and prefer GTS' arcadey upgrade just because "it's new".

I want see the return of tracks that haven't been seen since GT2, like Grindelwald and Red Rock Valley, as well as many of the other fantasy tracks we haven't seen in GT for a long time. I want to see the return of license tests and I want them to be as hard as they were in the PS1/PS2 days. And I want body modifications to make a return. I also want the offline game to focus on the zero-to-hero progression that made the older games so much fun. The later games in the series it seems like it was way too easy to gain obscene amounts credits early and easily. If the online time trials events make a return, and I'm sure they will, I hope they don't break the progression like they did in GT6. They were one of my favorite things to do but it would be cool if the rewards were exclusive unlocks or something other than a crap ton of currency.
But this is the part where nostalgia blinds you.... there ARE licenses in GTS, they're named Driving Schools instead (and if you see in GT7's map menu as well, there are "Schools"). Though probably for GTS, they may not count because GT League doesn't involve them, but don't worry, you've seen GT7 events include them again ("National A")... though they removed the License logos this time. I think I also want to implement License requirement for Online as well, to prevent bad drivers for certain races and classify those who properly trained. Just because the names are changed doesn't mean they aren't different (as well for those hating nostalgia, "zero-to-hero" progression inevitably has to provide entry level events like Sunday Cup; just because the name is changed from Sunday Cup doesn't mean it's different if you're craving "zero-to-hero" progression, but if you really want something different from Sunday Cup other than just name, then remove "zero-to-hero" progression of GT then?)

You can't just keep the past in the past and forget all about it... Change is needed but some things should never be changed.

Strongly disagree. Given a good reason, everything can be changed.

No it's not just Sunday Cup, my point is that people seem to want the exact same thing over and over. They want the same license tests because we can't change those, they're Gran Turismo. They want the same events that you choose from a list, they want the same progression, because they're Gran Turismo. They want the same used car dealers, because they're Gran Turismo, can't change those either. People want pointless car wash back because, you get it.

Gran Turismo can change. Gran Turismo DID change with GT Sport. I want to see more change. I don't want to see GT1-6 with a fresh lick of paint.

Obviously I'm not saying throw everything out and turn it into NFS or something, but pretty much all areas of GT can see evolution over the same old formula.

So basically remove GT's zero-to-hero progression?

Not remove, but improve. I'm not a zero any more, I've plenty of racing experience. I don't need to do basic straight line license tests where they teach me what the brakes are, nor do I need to do entry level races to be able to do higher tier stuff again. Don't treat everyone as beginners.

Imagine in the real world if every 5 years Lewis Hamilton went back to karts to begin a new zero-to-hero career? No.

"Hey Lewis just a refresher, the brake pedal is there. Press it to slow down. Let's try it on this 0-1000m stopping test"

Last edited:
Oil changes and car washes were the best, it's a little fun. Games don't have to take themselves so seriously.

Strongly disagree. Given a good reason, everything can be changed.

No it's not just Sunday Cup, my point is that people seem to want the exact same thing over and over. They want the same license tests because we can't change those, they're Gran Turismo. They want the same events that you choose from a list, they want the same progression, because they're Gran Turismo. They want the same used car dealers, because they're Gran Turismo, can't change those either. People want pointless car wash back because, you get it.

Gran Turismo can change. Gran Turismo DID change with GT Sport. I want to see more change. I don't want to see GT1-6 with a fresh lick of paint.

Obviously I'm not saying throw everything out and turn it into NFS or something, but pretty much all areas of GT can see evolution over the same old formula.

Not remove, but improve. I'm not a zero any more, I've plenty of racing experience. I don't need to do basic straight line license tests where they teach me what the brakes are, nor do I need to do entry level races to be able to do higher tier stuff again. So don't make us do it, give us the freedom.

Imagine in the real world if every 5 years Lewis Hamilton went back to carts to begin a new zero-to-hero career? No.
I don't want any changes in a GT Numbered game.

Back