Do you want nostalgic content for Gran Turismo 7?

How hard should nostalgia hit Gran Turismo 7? Is it a crucial factor for you?

• Nostalgic contents are probably what I most want for GT7, so PD should really invest on that point.

Votes: 187 57.2%
  • It's not essential for me, but I would like to see a little bit of nostalgic stuff.

Votes: 124 37.9%
  • I really don't care about nostalgia. PD should always move forward and forget about the past.

Votes: 16 4.9%

• Total voters
You can keep the CarPG element of GT while evolving it. For instance;

Having all cars and tracks available for arcade mode and online.

Career mode has the same start on a budget and win and progress.

Events are a combination of spot races, championships with a variation in race format, qualifying format and points systems.

Sponsorships can be earned for cash or discounted parts, AI must be totally overhauled.

Events can be recategorised.

Cars can be brought across from your arcade/online collection if you pay a premium.

All of those changes can work under the familiar GT offline framework, and would actually demonstrate an evolution, not just slapping together the same events in a slightly different order.

It's not a proper GT game because it lacks some of the most important features from the past. The people want evolution, not revolution.

Where would the evolution have been though?

The events are just a copy paste job, with the only differentiating factor being tidier menus and a livery editor. If there was tuning and other removed features, it would've just been GT5 A-Spec mode.

As far as offline gameplay goes, that's PD treating it like an afterthought.

I don't want any changes in a GT Numbered game.

Why do you buy new ones then?

Last edited:
I would love to see some fictional race cars from the previous games such as Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R33 Touring Car, Mitsubishi GTO LM Edition, etc.

And fictional tracks like Special Stage Route 11, Grand Valley Speedway, etc.

I would love to see some fictional race cars from the previous games such as Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R33 Touring Car, Mitsubishi GTO LM Edition, etc.

And fictional tracks like Special Stage Route 11, Grand Valley Speedway, etc.
We get fictional race cars already, the Gr. cars like Honda NSX Gr. 3. I personally want the fictional race cars to be used as Racing Modifications though.

It would be nice if the GT5-styled racing modifications were added once again. Not like GT6, where you could buy the car separately, but being an actual racing modification of a road car performed on GT Auto. It could mean that all RMs and TCs would make a comeback, of course, along with all their road version counterparts... and I would love it, especially the R32 & R33 TC, they're my favorites because of their JGTC bodykits. Also, more road cars could receive brand-new RM versions, which would make it even better.

There are 28 cars in total if you add all RMs with all TCs, and frankly, I feel this is not impossible to happen at all.

I chose the balanced option. With all the history of the GT franchise, why wouldn't you continue to expand on the nostalgia? You know, there is a big fat reason why classic cars fetch millions IRL...

From the playstation blog:

Gran Turismo 7 from Polyphony Digital
From classic vehicles and tracks to the reintroduction of the legendary GT Simulation Mode – GT 7 brings together the best features from past installments of the series alongside the future. An even more realistic driving experience awaits thanks to haptic feedback, which brings to life what it’s like when the tires hit the road. PS5’s immersive 3D audio allows players to sense the position of other cars and drivers around them.

From the playstation blog:

Gran Turismo 7 from Polyphony Digital
From classic vehicles and tracks to the reintroduction of the legendary GT Simulation Mode – GT 7 brings together the best features from past installments of the series alongside the future. An even more realistic driving experience awaits thanks to haptic feedback, which brings to life what it’s like when the tires hit the road. PS5’s immersive 3D audio allows players to sense the position of other cars and drivers around them.

Since the day I first read this, I've always been wondering what exactly are the "best features from past installments" according to Polyphony.

Yeah, would be cool to hear it directly from them.

Anyway, I'd think Used Car Dealership, Tuner Village, Racing Modification are the best features.

The first time buying an AE86 or Evo in Gran Turismo, buying parts to make it more competitive. Finally getting the funds to do a Racing Modification and enter the Grand Valley 300km race. That stuff is gold.

Imagine if we have a 30 car grid, with competitive AI, using a racing modified AE86 to GT300 spec, in a Time of Day- weather changing, improved Grand Valley 300km event.

Since the day I first read this, I've always been wondering what exactly are the "best features from past installments" according to Polyphony.
I'd think up like this personally:
  • GT1= Special Stage Route 11 (unfortunately this is the only thing I can say other than this game being the one started it all)
  • GT2 = Racing modifications, obscure unique and memorable cars (ex: Espace F1), manufacturer events, race events divided into certain hp level.
  • GT3 = Fast menu navigations, AI, soundtrack, racing focus, impact for the series.
  • GT4 = Most elaborate GT Mode, most amount of same quality cars, most tuning options, Photo Mode, Driving Missions.
  • GT5 = NASCAR/Rally's car damage, GT Academy, most garage limit, Online Collectors dealership, Seasonal events.
  • GT6 = Most amount of cars, most amount of tracks, varied modification for cars (compared to other GTs), track editor, special events, dynamic weather & time.
  • GTS = FIA, online and Sport Mode stuff, livery editor, graphics, most realistic physics, car sounds.
Yeah, would be cool to hear it directly from them.

Anyway, I'd think Used Car Dealership, Tuner Village, Racing Modification are the best features.

The first time buying an AE86 or Evo in Gran Turismo, buying parts to make it more competitive. Finally getting the funds to do a Racing Modification and enter the Grand Valley 300km race. That stuff is gold.

Imagine if we have a 30 car grid, with competitive AI, using a racing modified AE86 to GT300 spec, in a Time of Day- weather changing, improved Grand Valley 300km event.
Just be noted that Racing Modifications don't set up your car's performance into certain spec. It just enhanced the current car's performance a bit (320 HP Supra with RM would still be 320 HP Supra, but with racing perks), though for GT5 it's more shown with an altered hp and weight. But yeah, with the game nowadays with livery editor, Racing Modifications are the way to get the "aftermarket bodykit" (albeit there are aero kits on GT Auto) by applying a car with it and strip the vinyls, although it's very expensive.

BTW, how's Tuner Village is one of the best features?

I'd think up like this personally:
  • GT1= Special Stage Route 11 (unfortunately this is the only thing I can say other than this game being the one started it all)
  • GT2 = Racing modifications, obscure unique and memorable cars (ex: Espace F1), manufacturer events, race events divided into certain hp level.
  • GT3 = Fast menu navigations, AI, soundtrack, racing focus, impact for the series.
  • GT4 = Most elaborate GT Mode, most amount of same quality cars, most tuning options, Photo Mode, Driving Missions.
  • GT5 = NASCAR/Rally's car damage, GT Academy, most garage limit, Online Collectors dealership, Seasonal events.
  • GT6 = Most amount of cars, most amount of tracks, varied modification for cars (compared to other GTs), track editor, special events, dynamic weather & time.
  • GTS = FIA, online and Sport Mode stuff, livery editor, graphics, most realistic physics, car sounds.

Just be noted that Racing Modifications don't set up your car's performance into certain spec. It just enhanced the current car's performance a bit (320 HP Supra with RM would still be 320 HP Supra, but with racing perks), though for GT5 it's more shown with an altered hp and weight. But yeah, with the game nowadays with livery editor, Racing Modifications are the way to get the "aftermarket bodykit" (albeit there are aero kits on GT Auto) by applying a car with it and strip the vinyls, although it's very expensive.

BTW, how's Tuner Village is one of the best features?
This gave us the real tuned cars. HPA TT, Spoon Sports(remember the EK9 12000 RPM redline!), Opera Performance, etc. We could buy parts direct from Tuner Village. A cool way to pretend buying parts from the tuner, as opposed from the dealership.

A "secret" tune for the Skyline, was to buy a displacement upgrade from NISMO. If I remember right, that upgrade could not be purchased from the Nissan dealership.

A "secret" tune for the Skyline, was to buy a displacement upgrade from NISMO. If I remember right, that upgrade could not be purchased from the Nissan dealership.
NISMO was the tune shop in the Nissan dealership. NISMO is Nissans in house performance and motorsport division.

NISMO was the tune shop in the Nissan dealership. NISMO is Nissans in house performance and motorsport division.
I know what NISMO are. Which GT? I'm saying the displacement tune. There were parts that could be bought from Nissan and parts from NISMO. Only the displacement upgrade could be bought from NISMO.
Same with going to Honda. I believe MUGEN were in Honda as well. I don't have the games to check(so daggone long ago. I need to revisit the old games). Was NISMO in both GT1 & GT2? Or just one game?

With Tuner Village, we had the tuners I mentioned in my previous post. I don't think we got NISMO in GT3. I do remember, in GT4, it was HKS or Blitz we could by aftermarket Nissan parts.

I know what NISMO are. Which GT? I'm saying the displacement tune. There were parts that could be bought from Nissan and parts from NISMO. Only the displacement upgrade could be bought from NISMO.
Same with going to Honda. I believe MUGEN were in Honda as well. I don't have the games to check(so daggone long ago. I need to revisit the old games). Was NISMO in both GT1 & GT2? Or just one game?

With Tuner Village, we had the tuners I mentioned in my previous post. I don't think we got NISMO in GT3. I do remember, in GT4, it was HKS or Blitz we could by aftermarket Nissan parts.
You said the upgrade couldn't be purchased from the Nissan dealership but that's where NISMO was located and where you purchased the displacement increase.

In GT3, GT5 and GT6 there was a central tune shop for all cars which it looks like could be the case in GT7 so NISMO as a tune shop didn't exist in those games. However in the other numbered GT games (including GT4) NISMO was the tune shop in the Nissan dealership.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but if that wasn't your point I'm clearly missing it :).

You said the upgrade couldn't be purchased from the Nissan dealership but that's where NISMO was located and where you purchased the displacement increase.

In GT3, GT5 and GT6 there was a central tune shop for all cars which it looks like could be the case in GT7 so NISMO as a tune shop didn't exist in those games. However in the other numbered GT games (including GT4) NISMO was the tune shop in the Nissan dealership.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but if that wasn't your point I'm clearly missing it :).

@05XR8 @Dave A GT3 has it.
Okay. Is NISMO the only place to buy Nissan parts? When going to the Nissan dealership, is there a separate Nissan parts and NISMO parts? I remember them being separate. If it is just Tuner Village that was the only GT that had them separate, then I've got my wires crossed.

That's cool NISMO is in GT3. I didn't recall that.

If anything, GTPedia will most likely have that info of tuner parts, through the franchise.

Okay. Is NISMO the only place to buy Nissan parts? When going to the Nissan dealership, is there a separate Nissan parts and NISMO parts? I remember them being separate. If it is just Tuner Village that was the only GT that had them separate, then I've got my wires crossed.

That's cool NISMO is in GT3. I didn't recall that.

If anything, GTPedia will most likely have that info of tuner parts, through the franchise.
In the Nissan dealership in GT1, GT2 and GT4 there was only NISMO as the tune shop. The other places to tune your Nissan were in the Tuner Village in GT4.

@o000o well remembered, I didn't remember that.

Bring back ALL GT tracks. Tahiti, Seattle, Red Rock, Rome, ALL OF THEM. I want 200+ tracks. I know I'm being a bit unrealistic, but after crushing GT1 and GT2, 100% GT3, Loving GT4, dealing with the GT5 prologue and the GT5 delay after delay after delay, GT6 and their falling short on promise after promise and all the software upgrades, not getting a proper GT when it came to GT:Sport, I feel we are due the King of all GT games with GT7. Is that too much to ask for?

If there's something real old that I do want, it'd be some of the Japanese cars designed by Italians seen in Gran Turismo 4. I recall both Isuzu models were like this - or maybe it was just one, with it being designed by Giugiaro. (Whatever - I want all the Isuzus back, even that concept that was in GT5.) Then there was the original Nissan Skyline BLRA-3, which was also designed by an Italian. I'd love to see it return, as well as some older, perhaps lesser-known Japanese sports cars of the 60s, like the Nissan Fairlady 2000, before they started adding a Z to that car. Heck, you could have an event meant for Japanese classics, including the Honda S800, Toyota Sports 800, and the Nissan Fairlady 2000.

I don't care that certain cars are missing, but I hugely missed some great classic tracks, Gran Valley (best GT track ever!), El Capitan, Deep Forrest, Apricot Hill, Midfield....

Costa di Amalfi or Eiger are interesting tracks, but in terms of online racing is useless so I don't want PD to waste time on that type of tracks. But all those proper racing tracks, we defenitely need them back

Last edited:
I was a bit uncertain with voting beetween the first and second sentence, I mean... I like the past, but I also like to see something new... A balance beetween present, future and past is what GT7 will be IMHO, considering it was stated by the same Kazumori.

I mean, if we got all modes and types of events and career system as older games I will be super happy with everything new and fresh, and many old cars and tracks but also many new ones. We can't forget the old legacy but we also can't ignore to even think about the future as well. So they should invest on both creating a good balance

Simulation Mode looks to be returning. We may see the return of 300km, 9 hour, 24 hour racing. Who knows? We may even see a proper Bathurst 12H and Bathurst 1000.

The Nostalgic 300km races with GT race cars and the ones with Super GT, could return. I'm sure many would embrace those again. Competitive AI similar to what are in GT3. Plus, the higher number of cars on track, for maybe multi-class racing, create an updated version of the past events.

everything new and fresh

Which would be what? Just the cars and tracks? Still seems like many people would be happy for GT Mode to be essentially identical to GT1-6, personally I really hope that isn't the case and the "future" part is a complete overhaul of the single player experience.

Which would be what? Just the cars and tracks? Still seems like many people would be happy for GT Mode to be essentially identical to GT1-6, personally I really hope that isn't the case and the "future" part is a complete overhaul of the single player experience.

I mean by old GT mode like GT4 and GT5 structure, events, variety and progression with both old and new cars and tracks, racing modifications, qualify system, good old tuning and setup,by present and future some new tracks and cars (as old ones), better damage, AI, physics, sounds, stable 60fps at 4k with ray tracing, more opponents in grid per race, auto pit stop option from project cars, better classification system for cars and PP, good online support as GT Sport etc.

I need those things

And

- Grand Valley Speedway
- Mid Field Raceway
- Deep Forest

Back