Do your tyres warm up in Seasonal Events?

• Thread starter tazmanuk
  • 33 comments
England
uk
taz_man_uk2
As per the header.

I run about 6 to 7 laps of the seasonals before getting my best time.
Is this due to getting more used to the track/car or is it due to my tyres warming up and getting more grip, or is it a combination of both?

I notice the tyre indicator does not wear or seem to change from cool.

Many thanks for your information.

I've noticed that too. Certainly doesn't indicate it on the tire gauges, but they seem to bed in.

It should only take about a lap for tyres to go from ice cold to fully warmed, it might just be that the tyres are pre-warmed as they are in time trial mode so you won't see any change (light blue = warm).
Taking a few laps to get settled is not odd in any way, I definitely take a few to get used to the car and the track before being able to put in competitive laps.

I don't think the tires do anything other than signal any immediate abuse. Nothing I've seen in any of these seasonals indicates to me that any tire/fuel usage is going on.

I don't think the tires do anything other than signal any immediate abuse. Nothing I've seen in any of these seasonals indicates to me that any tire/fuel usage is going on.
That's not what he's saying...

That's not what he's saying...
Pardon me? I just read it again and I see (to paraphrase): "Am I getting better with each lap? Or are the tires warming up and gaining grip/speed?" Did my answer not indicate a negative vote on the tires "warming up?"

Pardon me? I just read it again and I see (to paraphrase): "Am I getting better with each lap? Or are the tires warming up and gaining grip/speed?" Did my answer not indicate a negative vote on the tires "warming up?"
Fuel/tyre usage has nothing to do with them getting hot.

Are you just feeling argumentative today? "Usage" doesn't just mean wear. I think, and I posted, that the only indication of ANYthing going on with the tires during a seasonal TT is immediate abuse.
I'm feeling like saying the truth and not getting a condescending answer. Use, in my books, means something being used up and depleted. Getting hot does not link into that.

It is you who is getting warmed up, not the tires. ;) I do not believe tire temps play any factor in the TT's, other than them getting hot from excessive abuse. The tire indicators are the same color on the first lap as they are on the 2nd, or any other lap, aside from changing from abuse.

I do honestly feel more lateral grip the more laps I do.

I do honestly feel more lateral grip the more laps I do.

Placebo effect I would guess because, as I said earlier, the tire indicators don't indicate any "warming up" of the tires. Also could be from you getting more comfortable with the cars handling as you go on, therefore you are pushing more to the real limits of the car, or getting more out of the car, if you will.

This site is a giant 🤬 measuring contest anymore. The only reason i wish for more features or a revised game is so I can come on this site learn a bunch of stuff and be all excited to apply it to the track. It used to be interesting to read. Anyway to add to the subject. I don't believe tire temp is a factor in the seasonal.

This site is a giant 🤬 measuring contest anymore. The only reason i wish for more features or a revised game is so I can come on this site learn a bunch of stuff and be all excited to apply it to the track. It used to be interesting to read. Anyway to add to the subject. I don't believe tire temp is a factor in the seasonal.
All of that makes no sense.

All of that makes no sense.
Yea, and you don't "feel" Any more lateral grip a few laps in. You "feel" like you might notice it. But, you aren't feeling anything but FFB (or the Controller) and the thing you sit on while playing.

Oh look, an argument on an online forum, what a surprise lol
Does get a little tiresome after a while

Yea.
Yea, and you don't "feel" Any more lateral grip a few laps in. You "feel" like you might notice it. But, you aren't feeling anything but FFB (or the Controller) and the thing you sit on while playing.
I could take corners at higher speeds, without the back swinging out, with every lap I put in.

But probably placebo. No need to come across with such an appalling attitude.

Look man I would argue with you. But that's what my post was about, which you didn't even understand. So not only do I not want to argue, I don't want to explain my posts to you...... That make sense. Enjoy your day.

Look man I would argue with you. But that's what my post was about, which you didn't even understand. So not only do I not want to argue, I don't want to explain my posts to you...... That make sense. Enjoy your day.
I'm not bothered... just don't wander into a thread in a bad mood and then walk out lol.

I wasn't/didn't. I was commenting on the extremely UNimportant topic of the definition of "use" going on a few posts up. Again... I don't think tire temp has anything to do with grip in the seasonal, to remain on topic.

I think it's more just getting into a rhythm with the car/track. I do a lot of Time Trialling and I set fastest laps on varying numbers of laps.....sometimes I will set a fast lap on Lap 1, other times it may take me 20 or 30 laps if it's a tricky car. Usually, it takes me a lap or two to get back into the rhythm unless I've just done a session and stopped to check replays. I certainly haven't noticed any tyre warming going on, although once or twice I have felt like the car had more grip after a few laps but then I have an active imagination :lol:

I think it's more just getting into a rhythm with the car/track. I do a lot of Time Trialling and I set fastest laps on varying numbers of laps.....sometimes I will set a fast lap on Lap 1, other times it may take me 20 or 30 laps if it's a tricky car. Usually, it takes me a lap or two to get back into the rhythm unless I've just done a session and stopped to check replays. I certainly haven't noticed any tyre warming going on, although once or twice I have felt like the car had more grip after a few laps but then I have an active imagination :lol:
Agreed :cheers:

Thank you all.

So should the tyres wear/warm up? Is probably the real question to PD.
I don't think it makes much difference, the tyres are pre warmed so you don't have to burn a lap warming the tyres and tyre wear would be of no use because their is no penalty for restarting to get a fresh set. Its fine the way it is, changing it would add nothing to a time trial event really, tire warming and degradation are only important in races.

I don't think it makes much difference, the tyres are pre warmed so you don't have to burn a lap warming the tyres and tyre wear would be of no use because their is no penalty for restarting to get a fresh set. Its fine the way it is, changing it would add nothing to a time trial event really, tire warming and degradation are only important in races.
Not to say I'd like PD to change the setup to include tire wear, but it would add something, in that in however many laps it takes to get down to 7s or 8s on tire wear you should be gaining time. Maybe it'll occur to PD that this reward for driving more laps would cut complaints of how long TTs take some to get gold. Hmmmmm.

Back