Does anybody still play this?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by Jon, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Jon

Jon (Banned)

Does anyone still play this?

I don't. I actually sold mine a while back.

2. i did, until i got my ps2 w/ gt3 a couple of weeks back.

3. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

I've been thinking about borrowing it from a friend and running through it. How quickly do you think I could beat it?

~LoudMusic

4. well, i've had it for 4 years and i haven't beat it. the only race left to beat is the grand valley 300k, and that can wait. i've got gt3 to master.

5. DarkMotor

DarkMotor

I have all three games, and GT1 is still lots of fun to play for me. I play GT2 when I want to buy and tune lots of different kinds of cars. I play GT3 when I want to do lots of racing on nicely rendered courses. But I like to play GT1 when I want to have fun without having to be bothered with a myriad of options or super long race events. There are some cars that are still unique to GT1 and the wheels have a cool look to them as well. GT1 is still a blast even without all the extra goodies of the sequels.

6. SandStorm

SandStorm (Banned)

I would, but my game stuffed up. (too many scratches. DAMN IT!!!! :D )

7. well, you should have taken better care of it, then.

8. sn00pie

sn00pie Staff Emeritus

well duh!

9. maverick_296

maverick_296

ive completed all the races in gt1 accept the reverse ss route 11 course, that course is a ***** normal but backwards would suck bad.

10. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

I've been playing GT1 for about 3 hours. Still fun to play, even if it's missing about 300 cars from GT2. The AI is better than GT2, and he cars in the garage have better rendering. No, it's not the most sophisticated game out there today, it's a little rough around the edges, but still great fun if you like racing games.

Of course, I don't own GT3, so comparisons are moot. However, after playing it a few times here and there, I'd say you GT3-freaks got spoiled by the graphics and forgetful of what video games were like in the middle ages of gaming consoles. (Atari 2600, anyone?)

Any other good used games you can find for $5-$10?

11. billskee

billskee

I have an atari 2600 and still play it...
    Graphics help, but they are not what makes a game FUN.
    Too many games over the years rave about the graphics. When you buy them, sure the graphics are great. But the playability is often times dull.

12. kyle

kyle

Very rarely but yes.

13. keeno_uk

keeno_uk

occasionally but only to watch the intro again I got the japanese version and the song moon over the castle started my whole gt quest thats why I still play gt1 just for that intro this is also ver gt2 japanese version

14. Viper_Maniac

Viper_Maniac

I dont think i've played this in about a year. Ever since I got GT2 and more importantly GT3, not to mention Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero for mah PS2, I think it will be even longer before i play it again.

15. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

I pop the disk in about once a month; maybe becasue all I have are racing games. Sometimes I want to race the older tracks without messing with so many codes.

16. askia47

askia47

I sorta play, yet not often at all. I play more of GT2 and GT3....

17. I lost my copy of GT1. Thought of buying it again, but then GT3 came out. Maybe i'l buy it when i got my paycheck this month:D

18. psonefreak

psonefreak

Yeah I still play it. I don't GT3 yet. My friend does, but I like the other ones better really.

19. Shannon

Shannon

Nope. Don't play GT1 no more. Couldn't get IA license. Won every race I could enter, bought a few cars, bought GT2, playing it now. Don't have a PS2 so I can't get GT3. :cry:

20. Dudebusta

Dudebusta

My nephew plays it most of the time, he aint getting a hold of my copy of GT2 though ;)

21. Shannon

Shannon

a lot of my friends play it when they come over