Does anyone have a hard time playing GT sport after trying Assetto Corsa?

• Thread starter Necudo
  • 78 comments
Austria
Austria
So i got PS5 and after 1 year of playing GT sport i tried AC/ACC. Its just so much better in physics, ffb, feel of the road, tyre model is so good. I feel like in GT sport every car is almost the same. I just dont have any thrill of driving GT sport anymore. When i drive on Nordsschleife car feels so good, its actually immersive. On GT sport its really weird, like cars are like glued to the road,you just dont feel the car same as in AC.

ACC in PS4 isn't that amazing, because of some details that aren't related with the codding of the game.

The hardware isn't ideal and there aren't enough buttons in the wheel or controller to deal with all the functions you need to play properly.

Of course it's a very well build (primarily for PC) game, for people who want some more simulation, but don't want to pay the fees associated to iRacing.
Not the same profile the majority of people who play GT Sport nowadays.

In other hand, the game was launched at a nice price to PS4, but the add ons are pretty pricey, specially when compared with GT Sport that are free:
- GT4 Pack (19.99 euro for 11 cars)
- GT World Challenge Pack (8.99 euro for 1 track, 2 updated cars and a bunch of liveries)
- British GT Pack (12.99 euro for 3 tracks and a bunch of liveries)
(those three form the Season Pass, the can be bought in bundle for 24.99 euro)
- Intercontinental GT Pack (14.99 euro for 4 tracks and liveries)

This compared to the typical GT Sport player nowadays who complains there aren't enough free DLC updates to GT Sport...

Still the game physics and tyre models are way better than GT Sport, in another league, obviously but... still there are only GT3 cars to drive (and GT3 if you buy the the GT4 pack or season pass). Yes, you can tune the cars, every one of them is completely different from the others, but honestly, there are many of us would like to do that in sport mode, but the majority of people who play the game don't want to care about that.

ACC in PS4 isn't that amazing, because of some details that aren't related with the codding of the game.

The hardware isn't ideal and there aren't enough buttons in the wheel or controller to deal with all the functions you need to play properly.

Of course it's a very well build (primarily for PC) game, for people who want some more simulation, but don't want to pay the fees associated to iRacing.

In other hand, the game was launched at a nice price to PS4, but the add ons are pretty pricey, specially when compared with GT Sport that are free:
- GT World Challenge Pack (8.99 euro for 1 track, 2 updated cars and a bunch of liveries)

This compared to the typical GT Sport player nowadays who complains there aren't enough free DLC updates to GT Sport...

Still the game physics and tyre models are way better than GT Sport, in another league, obviously but... still there are only GT3 cars to drive (and GT3 if you buy the the GT4 pack or season pass). Yes, you can tune the cars, every one of them is completely different from the others, but honestly, there are many of us would like to do that in sport mode, but the majority of people who play the game don't want to care about that.

Tuning would wreck GT online, half the people that play this game don’t know the difference between a diff and a muffler. Plus then we’d have companies like Coach Dave selling tunes in GT and driving up the price to play.

I was going to post a link to a similar thread in the ACC forum, but I see OP has posted in there as well :lol: Anyway, I agree it's hard to stomach the physics in GTS if you play ACC extensively. But I use both games for different purposes: GTS for the online/photomode/livery, ACC for the physics/learning setups and AC for the mods (only on PC obviously). Honestly I'd love for PD to improve the physics to ACC level, but it's not gonna happen so just take it as it is. No game is perfect after all.

Re: the price, I agree it seems steep if you compare it to most racing games DLC that isn't iRacing. But let me put it this way: a few years back I had a trackday experience in a V8 Supercar around Sandown circuit. It was $500 for 6 laps. The whole thing lasted less than 15 minutes :lol: You can buy ACC + all DLCs for cheaper than that and you get the best simulation of GT3/4 you can buy right now (even used by the pro teams themselves), and you can drive infinite laps without paying for fuel/tyres. For that price, it's a bargain.

GT Sport cannot charge that kind of price because the physics isn't the main draw of the game, and it was severely lacking in content at launch so it would've been a PR nightmare if PD started charging overpriced DLCs. I respect PD for this, because any other dev (Codies or EA) will just keep milking the playerbase regardless.

As for tuning, the advantage is overrated tbh. We had a couple tuning events in GTS FIA last year (F1500 @ St Croix and Fugu Z @ Tokyo), I can tell you the race results are exactly the same as usual. Fast drivers are fast because they can drive anything on the limit. In ACC one of the top players also qualified for the Blancpain series using the stock aggressive preset.

Tuning is fun to mess around with, but it won't magically make you into an alien if you aren't already one ;)

Online racing > physics, tire model, ffb.

Fixed setup online > online with tuning

Jmo
Online CLEAN racing yes but GT sport doesnt give you that most of the time doesnt matter if its nations cup or daily races.If S safety rank would be harder to get so it can filter dirty drivers vs clean then it would be better. Most of the time penalties are crap, you get penalty if someone crashes in you, people divebomb, push you.. Whats the point of better online races if races are like that.

For example week ago i played Laggo Magiore, i tried 2 times, both times i got spinned because guy wanted to overtake me and i got pushed on wall. Second time divebomber got me in first turn. So what then, i have to race for the rest 17 laps.. No way. I got lucky 3rd time just because i qualied 1 in race. And thats A/S rank, cant even imagine what happens on lower

Posted in the ACC forum about a couple findings for my offline races.
I come back to GTS for the replays. However, I enjoy the Custom race aspect of AC/ACC. I'm leaning even more towards AC/ACC, due to the Porsche GT3 Cup car.

Can't really see me playing GTS offline any more. I'll do the odd Sport Mode race. Especially when the new GR86 update arrives. Right now though, ACC is allowing me to play the game the way I want.

Online CLEAN racing yes but GT sport doesnt give you that most of the time doesnt matter if its nations cup or daily races.If

My experiences in FIA have been 80-90 percent squeaky clean and very very competitive where 3 tenths might mean 8 grid spots.
Further there’s people playing!
Lol on ACC ps4 the graphics are unusable bad, no one plays online, AND the ffb was nerfed from original!
I have ps4 pro and the game graphics suck.
The UI sucks.
Switching cars the wheel rotations are always wrong you can’t save them. CSL Fanatec.
The online looked to have races almost an HOUR long?
Are you kidding? ACC sucks on ps4. It was a cash grab Kunos didn’t even port it.
They don’t care about Pd audience.
AC is old. It sucks on ps4 too but it’s a little better than ACC.
I love driving Rfactor2. It drives better than anything else I’ve tried.
But, GTS offers me racing online literally whenever I want with no waiting and only a click or two.
There’s also an active community.
There is great racing to be had in sport mode. It’s not ALWAYS clean. It’s public server racing and across all platforms public server is public server.
I like sprint races. GTS offers sprints. If you get taken out you can go again in just a few minutes.
ACC offers what 45 minute races?
I’m sorry long online races are boring.
Not only that I’m not going to commit that amount of time just to get taken out near the end anyways.
You like AC ACC so much congratulations I wish you well.
I happen to prefer GTS, and you don’t see me going over into AC ACC sections whining about all the problems in them.
I tried them, didn’t like them, moved on.
GTS does get dirty, but it’s worth it to push through.
I’m not going to enter a 45 minute event just to lap around basically alone.
At some point too if it’s too clean it’s BOOOOORRRIIINNNGGG. Parading around scared of damage or whatever isn’t fun.
Jmo

And thats A/S rank, cant even imagine what happens on lower

A lot of people give up easily when bad things happen. I understand.

Last edited:
I have ACC on PS5. Every once in a while, I'll download it, mess around a bit, then delete it. It looks so bad that I'll miss my braking points. The 150m board looks the same as the 100m board, for instance.

When the PS5 update comes for ACC, I'll play it for the single player but online GTS is where it's at and I don't see that changing. And I expect better sound and physics in GT7, even if it's only a touch better.

GTS offers me racing online literally whenever I want with no waiting and only a click or two.
There’s also an active community.
There is great racing to be had in sport mode. It’s not ALWAYS clean. It’s public server racing and across all platforms public server is public server.
I like sprint races. GTS offers sprints. If you get taken out you can go again in just a few minutes.
ACC offers what 45 minute races?
I’m sorry long online races are boring.
Not only that I’m not going to commit that amount of time just to get taken out near the end anyways.
You like AC ACC so much congratulations I wish you well.
I happen to prefer GTS, and you don’t see me going over into AC ACC sections whining about all the problems in them.
I tried them, didn’t like them, moved on.
GTS does get dirty
I agree with some points, but honestly i can't stand physics and ffb in GT sport anymore and that you can basically turn wheel hard left and right doing 250kmh,that you can put full gas in corner and nothing, the way you take corner is just unrealistic but its the only way to get a good lap time.

As far as online, quantity over quality. There is a reason why most people dont play daily races and play in lobby community. I cant stand races where people are pushing no matter what, overtake everywhere, push you etc. Its not racing.

Last edited:
I agree with some points, but honestly i can't stand physics and ffb in GT sport anymore and that you can basically turn wheel hard left and right doing 250kmh,that you can put full gas in corner and nothing, the way you take corner is just unrealistic but its the only way to get a good lap time.

Right. So you can’t stand it. You have moved on to other games you like better, but you think about it so much that you have uncontrollable urges to make threads about how much you hate it.
Got it.

I mean I hate ACC crap console cash grab so much I feel like they ought to give me my money back.
Maybe I should start a thread.
I mean GTS can have my in car seat adjustments remembered

AND IT WORKS THE STEERING ROTATION OF EVERY CAR IN AUTO!

On ACC ANYTIME YOU USE ANY CAR YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY RESET GHE STEERING ROTATION YO BE CORRECT AND ITS A COMPLETE PAIN IN TGE BUTT.

How much does Kunos care about console users?

ZERO that’s why they outsourced porting the game from PC.

There’s so many bugs and problems and that’s just in the UI that’s not even taking into account the graphics suck so bad it’s awful.’

The only good thing is the sound. The game sucks overall on ps4 and I think that them having the GALL to ask for money for gt4 really just openly shows they care about nothing but taking console money and stealing it to put into pc.

Last edited:
Did you test some free setups like this ? Those $$ ones are really worth the money ?
https://simracingsetup.com/setups/acc-setups/bentley-continental-gt3/

Worth the money in lap time, I’m not good enough at this game to say. Worth it in peace of mind knowing I have an at least half decent tune for every track, mostly. I’ll learn how it all works some day, if I end up playing this game more. I wouldn’t pay for more tunes at this point I don’t think.

Last edited:
Worth it in peace of mind knowing I have an at least half decent tune for every track, mostly

Hate to say it again but many people simply don’t want to tune.
They don’t want to adjust tire pressures even. Not for online.
I saw on Steam Rfactor2 was discussing adding more online fixed setup stuff.
Unless a persons so darn advanced and really enjoys doing it...
Most guys just wanna play racing driver,
Not driver, pit crew, lead engineer, team principal, head of marketing, etc.
I tend towards I want the car to have a balanced usable setup at minimum as soon as I hop in. A guy like DP isn’t gonna give something unworkable. Definitely would trust you’d get something decent at least!
I tend towards wanting to drive in a driving game opposed to adjusting.
I see both sides, but tuning advocates have an uphill battle.
I don’t wanna lose because my opponent knows that the optimal tire pressure cold being .5 psi below mine will give him a huge advantage mid race. Or that a certain brake duct flow will magically give him more top end.
I don’t wanna ever think about that for online.

When I first started GT Sport I thought I needed to tune so I found a Supergt tune on a Vette.
All excited I put in the settings, headed to drive OMG IT WAS HORRIBLE!
That cured me of ever wanting to tune. Plus I learned sport mode was fixed setup.

Last edited:
Hate to say it again but many people simply don’t want to tune.
They don’t want to adjust tire pressures even. Not for online.
I saw on Steam Rfactor2 was discussing adding more online fixed setup stuff.
Unless a persons so darn advanced and really enjoys doing it...
Most guys just wanna play racing driver,
Not driver, pit crew, lead engineer, team principal, head of marketing, etc.
I tend towards I want the car to have a balanced usable setup at minimum as soon as I hop in. A guy like DP isn’t gonna give something unworkable. Definitely would trust you’d get something decent at least!
I tend towards wanting to drive in a driving game opposed to adjusting.
I see both sides, but tuning advocates have an uphill battle.
I don’t wanna lose because my opponent knows that the optimal tire pressure cold being .5 psi below mine will give him a huge advantage mid race. Or that a certain brake duct flow will magically give him more top end.
I don’t wanna ever think about that for online.

When I first started GT Sport I thought I needed to tune so I found a Supergt tune on a Vette.
All excited I put in the settings, headed to drive OMG IT WAS HORRIBLE!
That cured me of ever wanting to tune. Plus I learned sport mode was fixed setup.

I played it safe with buying the tunes, I got the Coach Dave tunes for the Ferrari, the car he drives IRL. I figured if his tunes we’re gonna be any good, those ones should be the best since he really drives that car. 👍

I was playing ACC again tonight and the car drives pretty well, now that I’m starting to get used to it a little bit more. I’m starting to like this game, I think I’m gonna start putting more time into it, I like that it has new tracks to learn. :)

Side note: Once I got up to speed at Monza tonight, I was actually getting flashes of GTS with how similar my inputs were, compared to driving the track in GTS. It was pretty surprising, mistakes are definitely punished more in ACC. But when you get it right, they’re pretty similar.

Last edited:
I played it safe with buying the tunes, I got the Coach Dave tunes for the Ferrari, the car he drives IRL. I figured if his tunes we’re gonna be any good, those ones should be the best since he really drives that car. 👍

I was playing ACC again tonight and the car drives pretty well, now that I’m starting to get used to it a little bit more. I’m starting to like this game, I think I’m gonna start putting more time into it, I like that it has new tracks to learn. :)

Side note: Once I got up to speed at Monza tonight, I was actually getting flashes of GTS with how similar my inputs were, compared to driving the track in GTS. It was pretty surprising, mistakes are definitely punished more in ACC. But when you get it right, they’re pretty similar.
Yeah, the similarities in the games are what surprised me the most. I was expecting to not even be able to drive the cars without tons of practice but the FR cars, at least, matched GTS FR cars quite closely.

It's the putting me to sleep offline that I don't enjoy about GTS. Every other game I've played including GT1-GT4(maybe not the 24H races, because we could save), I've not fallen asleep while playing. When the sun is up. Like after I wake up and had a stretch and hot chocolate, took a shower, got fully dressed to head out in a few.

Seriously, Sport Mode keeps me awake because of having to look out for other players. My adrenaline is up. It's the same in AC/ACC. I'm always alert. In any view. The gear whine, track debris, engineer/spotter checking in with me. Truly immersive.
Soon as I jump into a Custom Race and GT League, I start to relax too much. More than a few times I've opened my eyes with my car in the barriers, kitty litter, facing the wrong way on track. :lol::cool:

Anyway, threads like these, other than crying and whining, it's also about sharing awareness that there are other games just as good and sometimes better.

No problem with being a diehard GT fan. No problems with disliking anything. There are players that just don't play anything other than GT. Good or bad.

I play GT Sport better after playing Assetto Corsa. In fact if anything it reveals just how far behind GT is in the physics department.

This x100000000000000

If you do fundamentally sound inputs which are fast in GTS you’ll be fast in any sim.
I couldn’t agree more.
GTS requires fundamentally sound skills.
Great point! :)

I was going to flip on rfactor2 tonight but remembered I got challenged to beat LH Willow.
So I did. However I now hate Hamilton. Lmao.
Yep my normal deal tcs3. Bb0 gave me diamond. I shared it for proof haha.
He kept clipping me outta that last turn ...
Finally I feathered it right and he went down.
He put in a nice lap, there.
Took me a long time.

Cheers

Last edited:
As for tuning, the advantage is overrated tbh. We had a couple tuning events in GTS FIA last year (F1500 @ St Croix and Fugu Z @ Tokyo), I can tell you the race results are exactly the same as usual. Fast drivers are fast because they can drive anything on the limit. In ACC one of the top players also qualified for the Blancpain series using the stock aggressive preset.

Tuning is fun to mess around with, but it won't magically make you into an alien if you aren't already one ;)
Ahem

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200704145228.jpg

The best part of this race was the frantic chat on here in the days before it about set-ups. Then the Australian/Asian superstar races happen, everyone sees the cars with max camber on the rear, then everyone switches to that. About the top 8 or so in my race followed that advice so qualifying looked like this (and I got blocked on my lap):

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200704141902.jpg

My fastest lap in this race was a 2:48, I was the only person to go faster than 2:50. And this was a race where an esports team was selling a tune for the car beforehand. 10 euros, if I recall.

======================

As for the thread question, no. I get different things from playing the different games, and it's not difficult for me to adjust. If anything since I play GT Sport much more often it makes it harder to adjust to ACC when I need to try a lot harder to control the car the way I'd like, and that's only against AI.

In rfactor2 with the Camaro GT3, the first couple laps before the tires come to temp things can be a little slippy.
But, the ffb is so good and sense of weight is so good, it’s easier to drive than GTS.
Once everything’s up to temp it’s incredible.
It’s real easy to drive below limit.
It’s not hard to have a bit of slip angle and build some real speed, BUT, if you start to lose it it’s much more realistic, at my personal limits, it’s very very predictable, but making an error at the wrong point you’ll go around...
As far as driving it’s easy, but pushing the car isn’t.
Imo as it should be. From ACC on console there’s no comparison, plus higher frame rate imo makes a huge difference too.
I haven’t purchased ACC on pc. I doubt I will.
GTS has a real fun factor. You have to be very very good to get the most from it, too.
The big thing is the huuuuggge playerbase. Period.
The controller accessibility means MORE fast racers to race. The huge playerbase means you never know who you’ll face.
Imo it’s untouchable for online, totally.
The ffb is very informative and logical.
Honestly I think what they’ve got is the best in industry balance of realism/accessibility.
Higher frame rate would be nice, and more cars and tracks.
The idea of GT7 scares me. Looks like they might move towards a thing where you can put performance parts on touring cars and have a big single player and the UI looks different...I’m hoping it’s not going the direction I think it might be with less focus online...
Imo it’s perfect right now, just keep adding content.

Last edited:
So i got PS5 and after 1 year of playing GT sport i tried AC/ACC. Its just so much better in physics, ffb, feel of the road, tyre model is so good. I feel like in GT sport every car is almost the same. I just dont have any thrill of driving GT sport anymore. When i drive on Nordsschleife car feels so good, its actually immersive. On GT sport its really weird, like cars are like glued to the road,you just dont feel the car same as in AC.

So you are the guy from reddit lol. Im getting into ACC more lately and its getting a little harder to go back to GTS

Ahem

View attachment 1008813

The best part of this race was the frantic chat on here in the days before it about set-ups. Then the Australian/Asian superstar races happen, everyone sees the cars with max camber on the rear, then everyone switches to that. About the top 8 or so in my race followed that advice so qualifying looked like this (and I got blocked on my lap):

View attachment 1008814

My fastest lap in this race was a 2:48, I was the only person to go faster than 2:50. And this was a race where an esports team was selling a tune for the car beforehand. 10 euros, if I recall.

======================

As for the thread question, no. I get different things from playing the different games, and it's not difficult for me to adjust. If anything since I play GT Sport much more often it makes it harder to adjust to ACC when I need to try a lot harder to control the car the way I'd like, and that's only against AI.

I checked kudos for the top 5 drivers in the race and they're all in the 30-40k DR range, similar to yourself. Everyone seems pretty evenly matched so I'm not sure this proves against my point. Yes you can get an advantage with tuning, but it's only a few tenths (or 1 sec max because this track is quite long and the car is tricky). And the difference between a basic tune (like just correcting rear toe and gearbox) and a "perfect" tune done after several days of testing is even smaller. A DR 50k driver with a perfect tune, still isn't going to beat a DR 75k driver with default tune.

Hence my point, that tuning isn't going to alter the power map considerably. It just adds more time wasted for everyone looking for extra tenths that doesn't really affect the end results. A lot of people including me like the GTS FIA format because it's just jump in and go, without needing to hire a crew chief like in iRacing or other PC sims to even be competitive. Yes the default setup for some cars suck, but it's the same for everyone. The level playing field and ease of entry is the key point here.

And if we're speaking of tuning accuracy, GT doesn't have it either. Reverse rake still gives better turn in, and Formula cars normally have lower rear camber for better traction (opposite to what you find is faster). The tuning process is just trial and error, with no basis on reality whatsoever. It's pointless learning it because you just have to put in hours testing every permutation.

Last edited:
In rfactor2 with the Camaro GT3, the first couple laps before the tires come to temp things can be a little slippy.
But, the ffb is so good and sense of weight is so good, it’s easier to drive than GTS.
Once everything’s up to temp it’s incredible.
It’s real easy to drive below limit.
It’s not hard to have a bit of slip angle and build some real speed, BUT, if you start to lose it it’s much more realistic, at my personal limits, it’s very very predictable, but making an error at the wrong point you’ll go around...
As far as driving it’s easy, but pushing the car isn’t.
Imo as it should be. From ACC on console there’s no comparison, plus higher frame rate imo makes a huge difference too.
I haven’t purchased ACC on pc. I doubt I will.
GTS has a real fun factor. You have to be very very good to get the most from it, too.
The big thing is the huuuuggge playerbase. Period.
The controller accessibility means MORE fast racers to race. The huge playerbase means you never know who you’ll face.
Imo it’s untouchable for online, totally.
The ffb is very informative and logical.
Honestly I think what they’ve got is the best in industry balance of realism/accessibility.
Higher frame rate would be nice, and more cars and tracks.
The idea of GT7 scares me. Looks like they might move towards a thing where you can put performance parts on touring cars and have a big single player and the UI looks different...I’m hoping it’s not going the direction I think it might be with less focus online...
Imo it’s perfect right now, just keep adding content.

Quality over quantity. I find races in GT sport filled with dirty drivers, so bigger playerbase doesnt mean anything. Also fun factor is subjective, for me its more about good realistic physics.For someone is maybe arcade game like need for speed.

Last edited:
Back